KSP for Mac

Christo

You can download steam here:

https://store.steampowered.com/about/

or you can download from the official KSP store here:

https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

You can choose which one you want, don't forget to create a steam account if you choose that option, you can browse thousands of other games on steam not just Kerbal Space Program. I hope this helped you :)

-Mieyo

When they release a new PC version, that includes Windows, Mac, and Linux version at the same time.

I play KSP on a Mac ( a older Mac Mini ), and it works fine.  I've upgraded memory (16GB) and dropped in an SSD.

The more recent versions have actually improved performance for me, so KSP has gotten better over time with the last couple major updates.

I'm playing on 1.8.1 as I use the JNSQ mod, which doesn't yet support 1.9.1, but I have no doubt that 1.9.1 will work just fine as well once I update to that.

19 hours ago, Christo said:

TY but what is the latest version on Mac ? the same as PC ?

they are not different. Mac and PC are basically the same. I know because I had a Mac.

9 minutes ago, coredumpster said:

16GB

cool mine only had eight as the max

Merci beaucoup !!

I have Imac27 retina 5K
i5 4 coeurs 3,3 Ghz
16GB DDR3

What is the mod JNSQ 

If I buy KSP update are free or I will have to pay ?

And what about KSP2 : Paying un a game, it"s better wait this version ? 

4 hours ago, coredumpster said:

When they release a new PC version, that includes Windows, Mac, and Linux version at the same time.

I play KSP on a Mac ( a older Mac Mini ), and it works fine.  I've upgraded memory (16GB) and dropped in an SSD.

The more recent versions have actually improved performance for me, so KSP has gotten better over time with the last couple major updates.

I'm playing on 1.8.1 as I use the JNSQ mod, which doesn't yet support 1.9.1, but I have no doubt that 1.9.1 will work just fine as well once I update to that.

Edited by Christo

36 minutes ago, Christo said:

Merci beaucoup !!

I have Imac27 retina 5K
i5 4 coeurs 3,3 Ghz
16GB DDR3

What is the mod JNSQ 

If I buy KSP update are free or I will have to pay ?

And what about KSP2 : Paying un a game, it"s better wait this version ? 

De rien!!

Your computer should be fine.  It's faster than mine.

Updates for KSP are free.  If you buy 1.9.1, you will get 1.9.2, 1.10.0, 1.11, etc.

There are two commercial to add-on modules that add functions and new parts, but they are not mandatory to play KSP, they just add some additional things you can do.

KSP2 is a brand new game, so it will be a separate purchase.

JNSQ is a free add-on to KSP.  There are a lot of free add-on modules that let you use new parts, add some tools to help you fly your ships more easily, even add new planets that you can visit beyond the ones that are part of the stock game.  There is lot of discussion in the following sub-forum:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/34-add-on-releases/

10 hours ago, Christo said:

Before buying KSP, Do u think it's better wait for KSP2 ?

I suggest buying the KSP1, if you wait for sale on Steam, it will cost about 10-15€. KSP2 will probably cost 60€

Plus there is a ton of mods for KSP already, so you have plenty of options, if you like that sort of stuff.

On 4/26/2020 at 5:38 AM, HansonKerman said:

oh I just meant “do you want to pay $40 or wait until it’s on sale” ^_^

but get the game. It’s pretty good ^_^^_^

Yeah! Agreed!

And if you like, you could even send us a pic of you creations!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.