How to prevent the Gigantor Panel from Rotating ?

Again. this was once solved but the Additional cfg i have file does not work any longer.

So, HOW do i prevent the gigantor solar Panel from rotating to the sun ?

Is there any new fix for it ?

Well. i tried that one.

Named it 'solar.cfg' and put it into gamedata... restarted the game....

- didnt worked. Solar Array is still turning to the sun.

Any other hints would be welcome. I Know that worked long time ago. (1.7 ?) but now this no longer works.

Thats the actual "solar.cfg"

@PART[largeSolarPanel]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]
    {
        sunTracking = false
        @sunTracking = false
        @isTracking = false
        isTracking = false
    }
}

It still turns toward the sun. So there must be something else that is changed in recent version. Or its hardcoded. (that would be bad)

I guess you are running on 1.9.1 and someone made some serious changes to the solar panels.  I'm using 1.8.1 and I created a cfg with the non "@" lines in it and the panels stopped rotating.

Still seems odd, since Tantares is listed as working in 1.9.1.

I don't imagine Restock did anything to the actual rotation of the panels, but are you using Restock?

Edited by overkill13

5 hours ago, overkill13 said:

I guess you are running on 1.9.1 and someone made some serious changes to the solar panels.  I'm using 1.8.1 and I created a cfg with the non "@" lines in it and the panels stopped rotating.

Still seems odd, since Tantares is listed as working in 1.9.1.

I don't imagine Restock did anything to the actual rotation of the panels, but are you using Restock?

Its a Plain install with mechjeb.

Yes i'm running 1.9.1. Well that does not ruin my games in general but if someone wants to Build some Spacelab-style etc...
So when did turning solarpanels entered human spaceflight ?

I could workaround to fit a bunch of slamm solar panels on a stick but this is not launchable in any way to space. And even if, this would kill immersion.

If someone has any hints how to stop the damn thing from turning towards the sun, he is welcome....

I've tried the patch posted by @overkill13 and it works perfectly fine on a 1.9.1 install with MechJeb. I would personally add two minor details though:

@PART[largeSolarPanel]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]
	{
		%isTracking = false
	}
}

Adding the :FINAL statement to custom patches is usually a good idea and using the % sign allows ModuleManager to edit OR create this entrie, depending if it already exists or not. Tried both versions and both worked as expected. I also tried the patch you have posted, which honestly contains a few mistakes but even this still works.

So, I'm going to ask the question no one bother to ask before: Do you actually have ModuleManager installed? I know it's a dependency for MechJeb but if you installed it manually, you may forgot it.
If you did, I would be curious to see your ModuleManager.ConfigCache and your KSP.log, because like I said, these patches work, just not for you so there must be something wrong on your side. 

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

8 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

So, I'm going to ask the question no one bother to ask before: Do you actually have ModuleManager installed? I know it's a dependency for MechJeb but if you installed it manually, you may forgot it.

Guess what happened (you have 3 guesses free....)

I forgot module manager.

Thanks a lot for the Help, those are the Moments i start to love that community here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.