KIS/KAS How the?

Talavar

Been a long time since I played modded. KIS?KAS has changed quite a bit. can someone give me a quick rundown of how to use the joint sockets? I used to be able to just rightclick and connect pipes last time I used it.. Now I put them on there, and right click.. nothing happens. I'm assuming you have to use a tool or something, now. I checked youtube for a tutorial, but to no avail.

While I did use KAS before the update, I don't really remember how it worked.  No tools required, but I think the original allowed socket to socket connections, but this is not the case anymore.

First you need to make sure your output item, be it a fuel line, winch, cable reel or telescopic joint will attach to your socket.  You can check this in the right click menu on the parts, but the Cable Hook will only accept the Portable Cable Bracing.  The Joint Socket will accept a Winch, Telescopic Joint or a Resource Transfer Station.

Right click on a winch or resource transfer station and select "grab connector", walk over to a joint socket, right click on the socket and "attach connector". 

Right click on a telescopic joint, click "attach to vessel", then pick a socket and left click on it.

Right click on portable cable bracing click "link" then left click on an available cable hook.

11 hours ago, overkill13 said:

While I did use KAS before the update, I don't really remember how it worked.  No tools required, but I think the original allowed socket to socket connections, but this is not the case anymore.

First you need to make sure your output item, be it a fuel line, winch, cable reel or telescopic joint will attach to your socket.  You can check this in the right click menu on the parts, but the Cable Hook will only accept the Portable Cable Bracing.  The Joint Socket will accept a Winch, Telescopic Joint or a Resource Transfer Station.

Right click on a winch or resource transfer station and select "grab connector", walk over to a joint socket, right click on the socket and "attach connector". 

Right click on a telescopic joint, click "attach to vessel", then pick a socket and left click on it.

Right click on portable cable bracing click "link" then left click on an available cable hook.

Thank you for that. I did figure some of it out afterwards, but I have so many parts mods, that I didn't see the cables/hoses/etc at first in my massive parts list.

Edited by Talavar

Well, I have it all figured out.. But I gotta say. It's overly complicated now... To the point that it's just a hassle instead of fun. I think I'm just going to go with the EVA transfer mod from DMagic. has the same use-ability as the old KAS. Thanks for taking the time to help me out though. Cheers! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.