KAL 1000 and deploying antennae

Is there a way to put an action that is only on/off--like deploying and antenna into the KAL controller?

I've got a sequence set up with robotic parts flipping open out of a cargo bay. I've got it set up to an action group so that the cargo doors open and the KAL sequence starts playing. The actions in the KAL are set to begin at around 3 seconds so they don't interfere with the cargo doors.  There is an antenna at the end (being used as an umbrella for an orbital bar), but I don't want it to open until late in the sequence, otherwise it clips through other parts and looks terrible.  I could, of course, just map it to a separate action group, but it would be quite nice to put it all together in one tidy package.

You can see that the antenna can be put in the controller, but I get a dotted line. I suspect this is not possible, but if anyone has any thoughts, that would be appreciated.

60oRC5O.png

It is possible :)

Click the Com 88-88 row, it will get bigger. Just doubleclick anywhere on the dotted line, a dot will apear. At that time where the dot is, the antenna will toogle open/close. Adjust timing by moving the dot or enter a numerical value bottom right.

Have Fun :)

Edit: will work the same way for landing legs, decouplers, jettison heatshield etc.

Edited by Draalo
typo

2 hours ago, Draalo said:

It is possible :)

Click the Com 88-88 row, it will get bigger. Just doubleclick anywhere on the dotted line, a dot will apear. At that time where the dot is, the antenna will toogle open/close. Adjust timing by moving the dot or enter a numerical value bottom right.

Have Fun :)

Edit: will work the same way for landing legs, decouplers, jettison heatshield etc.

Thank you!  It was the double clicking I was missing.

1 hour ago, AHHans said:

Instead of double clicking you can also use the two buttons after "Point:" in the row on top to add or remove a dot that triggers the action.

For whatever reason, that was not working, which is why I got stuck. Though my game has been acting weird a lot recently. It has crashed numerous times on me due to "stack overflow" issues, whatever that is.  I asked about it in another post but so far have had no responses.

1 minute ago, Klapaucius said:

For whatever reason, that was not working, which is why I got stuck.

Well, you need to select the row where you want to add the point before you can add a point, and select the point that you want to delete before you click on "remove point". But I guess you knew that.

If it still doesn't work for you, then my guess is that your install got corrupted somehow. Do the two buttons highlight / become active when you select the communotron row?

3 minutes ago, AHHans said:

Well, you need to select the row where you want to add the point before you can add a point, and select the point that you want to delete before you click on "remove point". But I guess you knew that.

If it still doesn't work for you, then my guess is that your install got corrupted somehow. Do the two buttons highlight / become active when you select the communotron row?

Okay, it is working. I think what confused me as well is that the action does not show up when you test in the VAB. You have to launch the craft for the cycle to work, even though you can scroll through it with the other actions.

1 hour ago, Klapaucius said:

You have to launch the craft for the cycle to work, even though you can scroll through it with the other actions.

Ah. Even the "normal" movement works differently in the VAB than outside (the hinges have a limited move speed etc.), so that I usually test this stuff on the launchpad anyhow...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.