1.8.1 Landing Damper?

I am playing in KSP 1.8.1 with BD Armory.

I built a carrier capable fighter that can land at a very short distance. However, when I attempt to land, my gear always bounces the jet back up, causing the node to hit the ground. This happens even at very slow descent rate and high AoA landings. So I added support vertical thrusters so that jet can hand at 30m/s, but the same problem still happens. I know since 1.1.2 ksp added gear damper and spring strength, but when I right click the gear part, there are no settings regarding those two factors.

If you right click in the VAB/Hanger or in flight there should be a button "Spring/damper: auto" clicking this sets it to override and allows you to tweak the setting with sliders.

May need advanced tweakables to access

Edited by Rhomphaia

On 4/26/2020 at 1:40 AM, Rhomphaia said:

If you right click in the VAB/Hanger or in flight there should be a button "Spring/damper: auto" clicking this sets it to override and allows you to tweak the setting with sliders.

May need advanced tweakables to access

Can you explain what is the Advanced Tweakable function? I have hundreds of hours on ksp and I don't know about this...

and also I dunno how to send images cuz I've never used forums, but the setting window of landing gears doesn't have the Spring/Damper settings, not even the button. 

there is only:

Steering

Steering Direction

Deploy Shielded

Friction Control

Start Retracted

Light On

Sure. in the settings menu there is a radio button to enable/disable advanced tweakables.

You can find it in the general tab if you use main menu settings, or if you access setiings from the escape menu then scroll down to the gameplay section.

7D21591DFE2DF083D2A296FFD8E68A669288B581

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.