Space Station Contract Not Being Completed

sz0l9cd.jpg

I created a space station and put it in low orbit (15 km) around the mun. It appears that I have all boxes checked, but the contract isn't marked as complete. The only thing that I can think of is that could be preventing a success is that it needs to be made after the contract was taken--which it was. Is there a way to check the date it was made and the date that I took the contract? Is there any other reason why it might not be marked as complete?

Edited by Timon Kerman

Does it mention anything about having a certain amount of fuel on it?  or maybe you might need to have a scientist actually on it for it to complete. 

Because my space stations are always such ugly affairs I tend not to do very many of these contracts, but the few time I had it was something simple like these that give me trouble.

I'm pretty sure you'll have checked this already but just in case, there isn't any limits to how high the orbit has to be, or maybe a specific part such as a science lab?

Thank you Superfluous; it took me a while to figure out that I had to open the image in a new tab to get the correct link address.

Thank you Flying Kerbal; I did check to make sure that there were no specifics on orbit, and it actually **had** quite a bit of fuel when it first got there. As you can see, all the requirements are checked off. I actually now have a second space station that I put in orbit that has the same problem. Everything is checked off, but the contract is not being marked as complete.

This only seems to be happening with space stations. My other contracts get marked when finished.

1 hour ago, Timon Kerman said:

all the requirements are checked off

The first requirement is not checked off - ie the station must be new, have a docking port, an antenna and can generate power. It looks like you have bulk solar panels and what looks like a few communotron 16 antennae but it's hard to identify docking ports in the image. One ship is clearly docked using a claw.

Also, did you dock older parts to the station before establishing orbit?

Edited by mystifeid

Hello @Timon Kerman

The very first item of your Mun station contract is not actually checked. It's the item between the red and blue text.

As @mystifeid said, it looks like you are using the "klaw" Advanced Grabbing Unit to dock your ships to your station, but those don't count as actual docking ports because they were intended to grab asteroids, and they don't mate together in pairs like regular docking ports. The contract is asking you to use any of the docking ports listed in this link HERE.

Such as the Clamp-o-tron: Clamp-o-tron_docking_port.png

Also, every part of the station must be launched after you accepted the contract. Any older parts docked to it will void the contract. I hope this helps.

Edited by HvP

You don’t have any docking ports as others have said above. It’s actually possible to build a much smaller ‘station’ to complete that contract- stick a single static solar panel and a single Communotron 16 to a hitchhiker with a cupola on one end and a docking port on the other, it ticks all the boxes for considerably less cost (although it is pretty useless after that except to throw at the Mun and get some seismic data from a deployed seismometer from Breaking Ground). When it says it must support x number of Kerbals it only requires you to have enough crew space on board, it doesn’t mean you actually need them to be filled by Kerbals!

Thank you all. I'm not even sure why I missed that the first item was not checked off. I had assumed that the claw would count as a docking port. Since I can only accept one answer, I selected @mystifeid since his was first. Again, thank you for pointing out my blind spot. I think (hope) I can resolve this by docking another ship with a docking port (which may make it part of the space station). I'll test it above Kerbin first, and if that doesn't work, I'll go with @jimmymcgoochie's suggestion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.