Sub-orbital trajectory and knock-out tourists from Gforce.

After about many tries, it appears they must be rendered unconscious WHILE greater than 70km and sub-orbital. I have knocked them out both on the way up and way down on suborbital flights but the contract didn't fulfill.

I manage to get the ship up to sufficient altitude and the contract sheet marks that I complete the suborbital flight.

But when re-entering when under 70Km, it removes the mark and there is no way to complete the contract.

Can someone give me an idea, I feel stupid with this topic

Thanks

25 minutes ago, bewing said:

You are correct. Sub-orbital means above the atmosphere. If you are in the atmosphere, you are flying -- no matter what your Ap says.

Ok., but the problem is that tourists lose consciousness due to the G forces but the contract is not fulfilled

1 hour ago, Quijote said:

But when re-entering when under 70Km, it removes the mark and there is no way to complete the contract.

That mark is there like similar marks on testing contracts, not like the "reached destination" marks on normal tourist contracts. The tourists need to pass out while the craft is "sub-orbital" i.e. while that tick mark is set.

44 minutes ago, bewing said:

If you are in the atmosphere, you are flying -- no matter what your Ap says.

This means that getting tourists to pass out by aero-braking is impossible: aero-braking requires you to be in atmosphere but then you are no longer "sub-orbital".

I believe the intended way to fulfill this contract is to have enough engine power to reach an acceleration that let's the tourists pass out. But if you have the GB DLC, then you can also use a centrifuge like my GeeMaster 2000 to get that contract done. You don't even need to put the full craft onto a sub-orbital trajectory: if you rotate the centrifuge axis perpendicular to your orbital velocity - e.g. by pointing the craft to (anti-)normal - then the centrifuge capsules will move against the orbital speed during half the circle. So for nearly half the time the capsules will not be "in orbit" but "sub-orbital" and if the tourists to pass out during that time then the contract is fulfilled. (Yes, you'll need multiple tries. Yes, it's still annoying. The "pass out while flying" contracts are much easier. But the GeeMaster makes the "pass out in orbit" contracts quite O.K. and the "sub-orbital" at least annoying but profitable.)

Staple a ton of Sepratrons set to 50-75% throttle to a decoupler and stick that on the bottom of your crew capsule, with a second decoupler under that to get rid of the rest of the rocket that got you into space (it’s dead weight and will reduce your acceleration). Point retrograde, fire sepratrons, if they don’t pass out use MOAR SEPRATRONS and adjust thrust to get enough burn time to make them black out. As a bonus it will also deorbit the crew capsule.

If you haven’t unlocked Sepratrons, you can do something similar with the Mite boosters instead but those are bigger and heavier so it might not work as well; another option is using a Swivel or Reliant with an FL100 fuel tank as that should have a good thrust to weight ratio. Anything that can push your TWR high enough to exceed the tourists’ G limit and hold it long enough to make them black out will do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.