1 hour ago, HansonKerman said:

well yeah Britain is famous for boring food, but the fish and chips I had was amazing.

France is famous for good food, but unless you want to spend hundreds of dollars, I've found that British food is actually better.

37 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Made white bread today, since we're short on wheat this week and my wife found bread flour at the store. Turned out really nice.

KEH8geTh.jpg

bread is as bread tastes but I prefer bread toasted. That looks pretty good tho. 

3 hours ago, RoninFrog said:

France is famous for good food, but unless you want to spend hundreds of dollars, I've found that British food is actually better.

never had French food. My mom and I love tasting new food tho. Dinner is usually a pleasure at the household

3 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

I am hungry!!!!!!

<tf2 sandvich eating sound>
nom nom

Heavy does not feel so good...

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Believe me, the chicken doesn't like this any better than you.

o no

Last night was chicken pot pie. No pics, mostly because I messed up the biscuit topping a bit. It turns out there's an art to spacing the biscuit dough on top of the filling so that it ends up covering everything evenly after it rises. Mine tasted fine, but looked a bit ugly due to the "topping" being more like a bunch of individual biscuits stacked on top of the filling than like an actual topping.

Edited by IncongruousGoat

3 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

Last night was chicken pot pit. ... Tasted fine, but looked a bit ugly.

Freudian slip? LOL

Yesterday was pulled pork. I figured I'm working from home, so ducking out back for a couple of minutes every hour or so to mind the smoker wasn't too much of a burden. Sorry, no pics, unless you want one of the bucket of leftovers in the fridge this morning.

Made a quick and simple puttanesca the other day, and added some bulk by throwing in two cans of tuna. Sorry, Italians, but it was tasty and filling, even though it wasn't traditional.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Three years ago while cycling, I came across a cooler filled with Rhubarb stalks. Taped to it was a sign that read "Free!". I don't know what compelled me to partake of what was offered, but nonetheless I did.

But what does one do with stalks of Rhubarb? The answer; Cobbler. However, it should be made known that I had never made a Cobbler by that point in time before.

Cooking the Rhubarb; sliced into manageable chunks, was easy. The stalk chunks, sugar, and water was cooked in a sauce pan to prepare the filling. The jam-like substance left in the pan was delicious. I was expecting something tart but was delightfully surprised by the sweetness. Wish I had crackers to have spread it upon.

Now the crust was perhaps the most unorthodox for anyone who has made a Cobbler. I saw a recipe online that used yellow cake mix; drenched in melted butter, as the crust. That appealed to my culinary laziness. But it worked. There was enough filling and cake-mix to make two cobblers that day. Ah...fun times.

I am happy to conclude my recollection by stating my culinary experiment of three years ago was a delectable success.

Edited by Exploro

10 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Sunday Dinner

The color says, it was an aerobraking.
The pose says, it was a lithobraking.

But the accuracy is perfect. Right onto the grid.

P.S.
The chest looks like a cartoonish heart. Kinda, it likes it.

Edited by kerbiloid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.