How to install wind tunnel mod.

I just installed Kerbal Wind Tunnel 1.2.4 https://github.com/DBooots/KerbalWindTunnel/releases but it keeps crashing everytime I click the wind tunnel icon from the SPH or VAB.  I'm running 1.9.1.2788 and have kOS and Astronomer's Visual Pack (as well as the required dependencies for it) installed. I'm not really sure what more info I can give y'all.  Has anyone else had issues?

Edit:  I tried 1.2.3 as well to no avail.

Edited by arthur106

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 2:42 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Did you install the dependency as well?

I sure didn't.  That would be a problem.
So now I'm going to look really stupid, but how do I install it?  I see there's two files and a folder with more files on the GitHub, but I'm not really sure where these go once downloaded.

4 hours ago, arthur106 said:

I sure didn't.  That would be a problem.
So now I'm going to look really stupid, but how do I install it?  I see there's two files and a folder with more files on the GitHub, but I'm not really sure where these go once downloaded.

I just noticed that the mod already includes the dependency, sorry I should have checked that before. You can ignore the other github repo I've linked before.

I've also tried the mod on my own to verify that it actually works and it does.... be sure that your GameData folder looks like this:

Spoiler

h7EPvkZ.png

(I didn't install AVP since it is just visuals)

If you are sure you installed everything properly but the issue still persists, please launch the game, try to use the mod, close the game and then upload a log file to a filehoster or cloud service to share a download link here :) Check out the thread I've linked earlier if you don't know where the log file is located.

Hm...that kinda looks like an issue within the mod itself to me. You installed everything properly, I can confirm that but there is a massive log spam of this line:

Fuel: 0.2071299, ISP: 288.6287, Thrust: 2.03125

So it looks like the mod is stuck in a loop. I would suggest to report the issue to the mod creator in the wind tunnel thread (I just took a look at the thread and there are actually already a few reports about the same issue):

Sorry I cannot help you any further but I'm crossing finger that the bug will be fix soon :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.