Must Reboot Computer to Restart KSP

Any time I close KSP 1.8.1  I have to completely restart my Windows 10, 16 gig RAM, machine to restart the game -- otherwise I just get hung on the first loading screen.

Checking the task manager I'm not seeing any instance that I can identify of KSP still running in the background.

Does anybody have any pointers to anything like a cache that I could manually flush or a process I could stop?

17 hours ago, Mandella said:

Any time I close KSP 1.8.1  I have to completely restart my Windows 10, 16 gig RAM, machine to restart the game -- otherwise I just get hung on the first loading screen.

Checking the task manager I'm not seeing any instance that I can identify of KSP still running in the background.

Does anybody have any pointers to anything like a cache that I could manually flush or a process I could stop?

seems like to be an unity engine error , are you sure you have the latest versions on direct x , open gl and the graphics card driver ? if this didn't help then open steam , go to kerbal space program click local files , then choose launch option and type -force-d3d11 despite as performance booster it can solve issues too

I would also recommend opening resource manager and checking to see that KSP is actually closing and clearing up the RAM - for me it will sometimes take a minute or so after pressing 'Quit' to actually start unloading assets and closing down. If it's gone from there, then as @tonimark said it may be an issue with Unity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.