The little lander challenge: Complete

I have a certain idea for what i will do with my probe when i'm done, also for the narrative of Infinity 1 there is a small instrument used to analyze particles and chemical composition concealed inside of the back-mounted Advanced Grabbing Unit Jr. and the probe has a camera.

I also noticed from my score, 270 that you gave me 50 aesthetic points for my craft, because if there is no aesthetics bonus i would have only had 220, how much of that is from the rocket or the probe?

8 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

There will also be an all supplier patch. Meaning that you participated in all three rounds

@EveMaster and @Space Nerd can qualify for getting the all supplier patch if they do round 3

I am telling this because the patch will be great (especially if you @Space Nerd do flagship for this round.) It will include all three of your spacecraft, all the destinations on a list, AND your favorite color

I'll try to do flagship, but I can't guarantee I can do it, since I have never done an asteroid mission before.

I've caught a Comet (i hope its a Comet, Orbit extends from Kerbin to Jool Orbit)

How far the orbit should extend to count as an Interstellar Comet ? (I tracked a Comet that extends to 1.1 Terameter)

Edit : Got 1 Comet and 1 Probably Interstellar Comet, proof coming soon

Edited by GRS

6 hours ago, GRS said:

I've caught a Comet (i hope its a Comet, Orbit extends from Kerbin to Jool Orbit)

How far the orbit should extend to count as an Interstellar Comet ? (I tracked a Comet that extends to 1.1 Terameter)

Edit : Got 1 Comet and 1 Probably Interstellar Comet, proof coming soon

41 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

Interstellar comet probably means one with a hyperbolic orbit.

IDK what counts as interstellar yet. I heard from @UomoCapra that some will pass through interstellar space but I still not quite know what that counts as. I thought it would be something that has no apoapsis in the tracking station. I will find out and update

I mean I have been up really early in the morning for the past three hours trying to find Comet Neowise

Now to find that...(which is a big problem on its own because i haven't caught any comets other than those two)

If not, i'll just go ahead and use Brute Force attempt by catching Asteroids and Dresteroids

Edited by GRS

On 6/29/2020 at 11:54 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I saw @AHHans and @QF9E hinting at submission. Are you guys still going to submit or can I finalize the results...

Sorry, I did work on a lander, but some RL issues came up that prevented me from actually doing the mission.:(

Comets have a special description that classes them in 4 categories: Short Period, Intermediate Period, Long Period and Interstellar, i've only found an intermediate and a long period, also they have new size classes going from F to I

Edited by BallistX

1 hour ago, AHHans said:

Sorry, I did work on a lander, but some RL issues came up that prevented me from actually doing the mission.:(

No problemo don't worry about this challenge if you have RL situations

25 minutes ago, BallistX said:

new size classes going from F to I

THEY GO TO I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The H was ginormous enough!

10 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

I'll try to do flagship, but I can't guarantee I can do it, since I have never done an asteroid mission before.

First time for everything I guess. I did my first a few months ago. And I did my first Comet mission/Xenon heavy spacecraft last week though it took me two attempts.

3 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

First time for everything I guess. I did my first a few months ago. And I did my first Comet mission/Xenon heavy spacecraft last week though it took me two attempts.

I didn't even have to quickload once in the mission, all in the first attempt.

2 hours ago, BallistX said:

I didn't even have to quickload once in the mission, all in the first attempt.

My first attempt was way to expensive. And my second attempt required 5000 M/S of delta V to reach the comet

4 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

My first attempt was way to expensive. And my second attempt required 5000 M/S of delta V to reach the comet

Then you probably should have taken an easier comet, and i almost did the same mistake while doing my Dres maneuvers, i realized skipping a whole 25 year orbit would make my maneuver much cheaper.

Current Score : 140 (2 Comets) + 40 (2 Asteroids) + 60 (3 Dresteroids) = 240

I'll keep doing this, i still have a lot of Delta V

30 minutes ago, GRS said:

Current Score : 140 (2 Comets) + 40 (2 Asteroids) + 60 (3 Dresteroids) = 240

I'll keep doing this, i still have a lot of Delta V

Did you take a video or screenshots?

I sent a telescope to Dres to scan for asteroids, that doesn't count as a part of the challenge right?(As I didn't screenshot the launch of that)

(Experienced some weird behavior during the launch, hopefully that won't screw up my entry.)

Edited by Space Nerd

The "Dreslescope" is in high Dres orbit, 2 asteroids found, I'm going to finish my probe tomorrow then the mission can start.

The rocket will be called "DelV 20k" if I managed to get that amount of dv into the rocket. (And DelV 15k if 20k dv is too hard.)

In the meantime, i'll try to measure my score, it'll be...3 Comets, 5 Dresteroids and 5 Asteroids, so...

210 + 40 + 40 + 100 = 390

3C 5D 5A > 1C 1D 2A, Flagship = Yes

390+70 = 460 (without aesthetics)

On 7/10/2020 at 2:41 AM, Space Nerd said:

I sent a telescope to Dres to scan for asteroids, that doesn't count as a part of the challenge right?(As I didn't screenshot the launch of that)

(Experienced some weird behavior during the launch, hopefully that won't screw up my entry.)

Permission to use cheats to launch something to dres is allowed. As Drestroids won't spawn regularly without a pre visit

17 hours ago, GRS said:

In the meantime, i'll try to measure my score, it'll be...3 Comets, 5 Dresteroids and 5 Asteroids, so...

210 + 40 + 40 + 100 = 390

3C 5D 5A > 1C 1D 2A, Flagship = Yes

390+70 = 460 (without aesthetics)

Amazing. I hope to see the screenshots soon since I can't score until then!

I will start a new mission Cosmic Chaser

Also, @GRS make sure that you record the names of each asteroid and comet

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.