The little lander challenge: Complete

Oh.

@The Doodling AstronautCan you change my entry to this one, please?

https://imgur.com/a/JAyP3xh

I also changed the Mun album, can you also take a look?

This is mainly to clarify that the engines touched the ground during landing (the legs compressed), but they are off the ground now after increasing the strength of the legs, is that entry still valid? (Because I changed my submision, so that entry no longer counted, but I still want to ask.)

Also, can you keep my mun entry under the honorary awards part? 

Edited by Space Nerd

Yes

Maybe

No (to two entries)

Maybe

;)

I gotta give it to ya, it's a nice looking entry. Wait a bit and I can see where you place in scoring

Congrats @Space Nerd, you received a total of 130 points. You actually beat my Eeloo Lander :o. Though my submission would be 150 points since I took a photo I liked but I decided not to put on the list because I thought it would be unfair.

Edited by Guest

If you didn't submit the Duna Lander then yes it would be a valid entry. Landing Legs Springs has been a trouble in the past for me:

Due to some regional circumstances. I have to close Round 1 two days earlier. There has been some changing events that prevent me being able to score. The rankings are the final for Round 1. Thank you all for participating, Round 2 starting date is June 2nd.

That being said, congratulations for your wonderful submissions. Your submissions where creative and solutions I would never have thought of. I really hope you guys participate in the next few rounds. I have a video under works of your submissions. Round 2, Two is better than one, will start on June 2nd 2020 at 12:00AM MDT. The new patch, rules, and prizes will be announced later.

Here where the Rankings for Round 1:

1. @EveMaster 275 points - Tylo lander that probably solve a whole lot of problems, amazing!

2.@AHHans 255 points - Moho Lander that had a smaller launcher than usual, finding such talent for Moho missions is fascinating

2. @mystifeid 205 points - By far blew my mind. His Mohole Plunge being on video had new tricks I didn't think of 

3. @aspacecephalopod 200 points - I missed this mission at first, but wow the Tylo lander was able to get impressive shots of the Tylo cave

4. @QF9E 145 points - This guy submitted THREE landers to improve being the smallest lander. His last lander used a creative trick.

5. @Space Nerd 130 - Had a Duna lander that barely had fuel left over. He confused me at first but his submission was quite impressive

6. @The Doodling Astronaut 120 points - Creative impact trajectory to solve the problem of electric recharge. The BEST GENIUS EVAR :sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue::sticktongue: (This is a joke BTW)

7. @Laie 100 points - The only Jool lander. had a creative probe that was able to deploy stuff below sea level

8. @vyznev 80 points - The lander submitted was applied from a previous challenge. Which shows reusing a design means it's well made

Special thanks to

@EveMaster for giving advice about round 2

@QF9E and @vyznev for giving early feedback to Round 1

And anyone who has been developing a planet or moon pack. I have trouble right now downloading them but the community has shown these are well loved. They are going to be allowed for the next rounds*

As a final remark thank you for submitting your landers and I am sorry for anyone working on it last minute, due to regional events, I had to close it early...

Oh, BTW, Atheistic will play a major factor on this round

*Future rounds will restrict certain bodies

Edited by Guest

Hmm...this shouldn't be hard...but finding a high orbit velocity in Moho area...that is hard...(i made one like that, but too inaccessible for a short mission)

14 hours ago, GRS said:

Hmm...this shouldn't be hard...but finding a high orbit velocity in Moho area...that is hard...(i made one like that, but too inaccessible for a short mission)

???

Example is up and submissions are now open!

1 hour ago, GRS said:

Forget it, i'll probably think of Tylo...

I still don't know what you are talking about

Question...what does "Destination scores 90 Points" ? Is it simply things like Ernus ?

I'll rethink after finishing a something...(I made a Tylo-like dense world that orbits below Moho, i can use it if its fine, if not, then Tylo is to go to)

Edited by GRS

Combination of Size, Distance, and Atmosphere has to be 90 or above

The highest Destination score you can get is 140 points.

And I can't believe you are making a planet to beat this challenge :rolleyes:. DM me it I can't wait to see it!

After considering, @GRS, I have decided that I will accept your planet even though it's not a moon (since you made it.) I can't wait for you to show images? BTW, do you have images of your planet?

Rules updated: Easter eggs are no longer required to receive flagship class level. This was not originally planned in the rules and it must have been a typo. As such, it is no longer required

Rules questions:

1. Are you allowed to move on (or below, looking at you, Laythe) the surface from one biome to the next, e.g., by landing a rover or ship?
  2. Are you allowed to drop off science packages from the lander? I am thinking of making an elongated lander and landing it on the border between two biomes, then drop science packages from either end, one in each biome. Would that count as a lander that visits two biomes?
Edited by QF9E

57 minutes ago, QF9E said:

Rules questions:

1. Are you allowed to move on (or below, looking at you, Laythe) the surface from one biome to the next, e.g., by landing a rover or ship?
  2. Are you allowed to drop off science packages from the lander? I am thinking of making an elongated lander and landing it on the border between two biomes, then drop science packages from either end, one in each biome. Would that count as a lander that visits two biomes?

1. I haven't considered the rover idea. But since this is a Biome Hopper mission. That won't be allowed. Round 3 I am thinking will be all about rovers

2. Technically yes. But the idea seems so hard to do that I will leave it up to you being able to do that.

1 hour ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

1. I haven't considered the rover idea. But since this is a Biome Hopper mission. That won't be allowed. Round 3 I am thinking will be all about rovers

2. Technically yes. But the idea seems so hard to do that I will leave it up to you being able to do that.

Thanks for the reply! No problems, I was just wondering about a few edge cases. I had an idea to make a self-moving probe core with reaction wheel attached that is able to roll around on its own, good to know that that is not allowed as part of this challenge. I may give 2 a try.

One of the option says "Moon A -> Moon B is good", so...probably...for a better confirmation, lets wait...

And by "No landing stage" in Flagship, what does it mean ?

3 hours ago, GRS said:

One of the option says "Moon A -> Moon B is good", so...probably...for a better confirmation, lets wait...

And by "No landing stage" in Flagship, what does it mean ?

Sorry @QF9E but you are the example in this one :)

Spoiler

5fozf9v.png

sMFAD5Q.png

yDA8igx.png

If you also use a de-orbit stage that means then you can't receive flagship class

5 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

So, I need to collect science from 2 biomes before going to another moon?

Also can I have the lander dock to a transfer stage in orbit then use the stage to get to another moon?

1. You can land on one biome on one moon then head to another moon for two. You can also go to more than two biomes on one moon (In fact there is a bonus for it too)

2. Yes. Depending on the use of it, it might not count as a flagship level.

Edited by Guest

On 4/29/2020 at 10:58 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

1.Your lander must be able to do the following (or you cannot be scored)

-Land on a moon of a planet and collect science from two or more biomes or/and easter eggs, no rovers

-You must be able to carry two science parts

-You must be able to transmit the science (no separate craft relays allowed)

Does the lander have to be launched from the KSP, or hyper-edited into orbit?

35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Does the lander have to be launched from the KSP, or hyper-edited into orbit?

KSC is the only place. It makes this challenge fair

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.