The little lander challenge: Complete

I have another challenge separately in works and I hope you will participate. Because it's a massive effort to make a Community Space Agency. Little lander will stay around but Community Space Agency will be my main focus right now.

08Reajb.png

Also, landed and splashed in the same biome counted as different situations, so is that counted as "different biomes"?  Because they're treated like two biomes. (you can for example get all science from the land in "shores" biome then go to the ocean in the same biome and get new science points) (I hope I'm not wrong about this)

The question is whether or not I can just get science from land and ocean in the same biome.

Edited by Space Nerd

8 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

08Reajb.png

Also, landed and splashed in the same biome counted as different situations, so is that counted as "different biomes"?  Because they're treated like two biomes. (you can for example get all science from the land in "shores" biome then go to the ocean in the same biome and get new science points) (I hope I'm not wrong about this)

The question is whether or not I can just get science from land and ocean in the same biome.

That rocket (from the center core POV,) would score as a medium. And no you cannot do the same biome twice even if it's in the water or land

Community Space Agency is up!!!! I recommend doing a few missions there (there are only two right now but I am making more As We Speak)

Can I resubmit my mun lander for the last run after doing a biome  hop with it?

Because I'm starting to think I don't have enough time to finish my laythe mission before the deadline.

p.s. My rocket above used making history parts, is that ok?

Edited by Space Nerd

6 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

My entry is almost done, only need 2 more days at most!

Hopefully this round won't end earlier than 6/30.

No reason to. Unless we have another riot (oh please no)!

Here is what I got for round 3, feedback is wanted.

Round 3: Asteroids, comets, and giants oh my!

get ready to feel kerbal after this challenge

Inspiration:

In Depth | Hayabusa – NASA Solar System ExplorationNASA Unveils 2 New Missions to Study Truly Strange Asteroids | SpaceOSIRIS-REx | NASAWake up, Rosetta!' If you can roust a spacecraft, here's the ...stardust_wild2.jpg

Hayabusa, Lucy, Physche, Oriris Rex, Rosetta, and my favorite Stardust are all amazing missions that visit the small world of comets and asteroids. So this round you will create either an asteroid or comet mission.

Your lander spacecraft must accept the following:

-Fly on of the mission profiles 100% successfully all the way

-Not use cheats, physics editing mods, or non-stock parts

-RTGs, fuel cells, and relay parts are banned for this round

-No crew or lack of probe core

-No going higher than 30,000 funds (excluding xenon fuel that which you get an additional 30,000 to use)

Mission difficulty (awaiting 1.10 release to finish this):

Easy level

Medium level

Hard level

Flagship level (you get flagship patch this way)

Aesthetics:

how your spacecraft looks will determine more points

Scoring, mission profiles, and other rules are still under works

Unfortunately this will be the last round, after which I will release an additional 5 missions that you can complete for more badges...

My entry is done!

Do I get the "engines not touching ground" points?

Because the leg compressing thing happened again so I lifted the engines off the ground by manually increasing the strength of the legs again. (Only happened on 1 out of the total 4 landings.)

https://imgur.com/a/I5G0Jkz

Edited by Space Nerd

I was originally going to do a laythe mission with the rocket posted above, but the lander still needs some tweaking, and I don't think I have enough time, so I did a minmun mission that is easy and gives quite a lot of points.

Also what's a "aesthetic launch pad/lander "?

Edited by Space Nerd

To anyone that is planning to submit soon. You may wanna hurry. I will probably not be available to grade tomorrow and IDK if that will be the same case on Monday sooooo if you have to post your submission soon you gotta do it soon. If you are lucky, you might be able to submit on July 1st but don't count on it! 

Round 2 ends on

July 1st at 2:00 AM EDT

Round 3 begins on

July 2nd (Could change) at 2:00 AM EDT

In addition hopefully, Five more available missions will be added into addition to the round 3. Flagship will change too! check website for more updates

Ok I am waiting on the other person mentioned and if replied same I will finalize

To clarify either way, Round 3 starts on July 2nd

3 HOURS TILL 1.10 COMES OUT!!!

For people attempting flagship here is what you can expect.

-Fly and receive a sample of an asteroid

-Use same spacecraft to receive a sample of a comet

-Then fly by kerbin and drop samples

-Use said flyby to your advantage and fly to Jool <Not required for flagship but makes you recieve a whole lot of points>

A sample in this case would be an ore container so you will need a drill

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.