The Absolute Unit's Adventure: A Jool 5 at 6.4x Scale

Beriev

Greetings.

This was a one-off mission that I did earlier this year, across the duration of February 2020, but one I had been designing since mid-2016. Below is the original information I posted on the Jool 5 topic, as well as the album to view the full mission at.

After 4 years of on-and-off work, I am ready to present my Jeb's Level Jool 5, performed in a 6.4x system.

• The mission was flown in v1.7.1, but was partially designed in v1.1.2 and v1.4.5 (which means that some old part models are present).
  • I used Kerbodyne Plus for the launcher (Behemoth Aerospace Engineering and SpaceY both glitched out on me), but kept stock outside of LKO.
    • I did use several in-flight QoL mods: MechJeb (both via AR-202s and "Mechjeb and Engineer for All"), Bon Voyage, AutomatedScienceSampler, Kerbal Alarm Clock, and Kronometer (10.5 hour days, ~640 day years).
    • Sigma Dimensions was used to rescale the solar system by 6.4x, using Galileo's parameters from RESCALE.
    • Hanger Extender and Editor Extensions were used for construction.
  • I flew with 5 kerbals, with Jebediah taking the first steps on Tylo, Bill doing the same on Laythe, Bob on Vall, Valentina on Bop, and Karry on Pol in the end. The original plan was different though, with Valentina taking the first steps on Laythe, Bill on Vall, and Bob on Bop.
  • The launch costed $29,567,650.00.
  • No extra refueling missions were used; everything was done in a single launch, without ISRU.
  • I also brought a Jool atmospheric diver, Laythe plane, Laythe ComSat/refueling tank, Vall rover (that became a ComSat instead), Tylo Rover, Pol ComSat (ComNet was not enabled, though), and an unmanned lander that ended up landing in Dres's canyon, due to a vastly overbuilt transfer stage.
  • The delta-V values for many, but not all (I'm not perfect), maneuvers are scattered throughout the provided album.
  • Upon recovery, 49,430.1 science points total were obtained from the Jool system.

The mission album is below (I apologize if any unnoticed grammatical errors are still present). Enjoy!

https://imgur.com/a/g1hgYT

Edited by Beriev

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.