Sign in to follow this  
Masamax

Unmanned Crew Pods...Engines

Question

I am using http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/15386-0-16-Empty-Stock-Crew-Pods

I am trying to utilize an Apollo style Mun landing where I detach the lander (which is attached to the top of the 3 man crew pod) and EVA to it for a landing and eventual return rendezvous with the main command capsule. In testing in orbit, once I EVA to the unmanned pod, all that is available is the RCS thrusters. I have Mechjeb installed on the debris. Do I have to mechjeb each individual component of the debris to take control of it? Right now it is connected to the top of the unmanned pod; should I attach it somewhere else? Will that make a difference?

5 answers to this question

This isn't possible yet. You can't control spacecraft that don't have a proper pod (a pod that is selected in the VAB when you start building your craft).

Some mods like MechJeb allow you to take control of crew tanks, fake pods, or unmanned debris, but none of them offer full control like a real pod.

So basically, you can't do an Apollo mission in one launch yet.

You could try using RemoteTech mod, should be very easy to find.

Ive done something similar to yourself except a lander/rover thing.

Zool's mod worked! It is a bit buggy though as it froze my system more than once, but I managed to complete my journey :)