Two Bridges Derby

Ready to test your precision flying skills?

This short KSC race will do just that! 

The course is simple but includes flying under both bridges and landing back on the runway. See attached video for course and pace time. 

Rules: 

Any vehicle you make using stock parts (Including DLC) is acceptable. 

Breaking parts is acceptable. The command pod must survive and come to a stop on the runway.

You can land in either direction. 

Touching the ground is fine, you can do it in a rover if you want. 

No physics altering mods.

No autopilot.  

Time stops at vehicle full stop (<1m/s)

Top Times: 

Finishers

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

Do it as a non-rover challenge, it is honestly to easy of a rover challenge. If you did it Like @Matt Lowne, and had to use a plane, it would be harder, and maybe more rewarding.

If you use a rover, you will be slow and have almost no chance at a top time. If you make a rover that can top the charts, good for you- you deserve some props. 

is breaking ground allowed?

well.. i did it in 1:36 in gametime, and on my third attempt (did it in the wrong order, took six or seven attempts to do it the correct order) using a prop biplane that was a REALLY low stall speed, though... i do need to make a vid to post, so my entry isnt exactly valid...

also, this is the plane i used

IIa9ls0.jpg

it can fly at a really low speed before either stalling, or pitching up to 90 degrees and kinda becoming a VTOL. the majority of the fails was when i went from looping around the VAB, took a straight shot (did need to go down a bit), and kept missing, or just going to slow for the wings to catch and hitting the ground lol

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

1 minute ago, ralanboyle said:

That was fun to watch but you didn't run the whole course. 

Yeah it was just a taster run, I wanted to see how hard it would be. Ive got a plane I’ll attempt it in, but haven’t managed to complete it yet 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.