What’s the first thing you’ll do in ksp2?

On 7/15/2020 at 3:26 AM, Abducted_Cow said:

If anything like KSP 1, I'll launch another "Flea" solid booster rocket. That's how we all start a new update, right?

1.  "launch" a pod on the runway
  2.  earn enough science to get plane parts
  3.  takeoff, hit F5
  4.  land (may involve 20-30 holdings of F9)
  5.  wait for LinuxGamerGuru to port Kramax
  6. if I'm lucky, get enough research to take my plane suborbital
  7. then...
  • curse
  • download the update
  • goto 1

On 5/26/2020 at 4:25 AM, Lewie said:

..But I AM HYPED FOR THE UPCOMING CONSOLE UPDATE!!! WHOO-HOO!!

Are you talking abour th one which added the manouver node gizmo? 

Going to check system requirements on Steam, screaming at my pc beacuse it has 8 GB of Ram, and Ksp 2 simply needs more, and after ignore that and buy it.

Spoiler

And hoping that it runs well:P

Spoiler

And hope that there aren't going to be any refunds

Spoiler

But I know there is 50% chance of happening :rolleyes:

Edited by Goaty1208
Just me typing on my phone incorrectly

Start it up, see what's there, and wonder how many of the 'I won't buy it if/because.. ' crowd caved in and bought it anyway.

After that, have a look through the new tutorials, play in 'sandbox' to get a feel for it, then look at a 'career' game to see if I like how they implement it.  Then have fun.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:47 PM, DunaManiac said:

Cry because my if my current KSP setup is any indication, it will run at 15 fps whenever a planet is in the screen.

wow, you get a speed-up when there's a planet on screen?

34 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

KSP 2 will likely run better thank KSP 1.

Yes, it probably will.

1 hour ago, JoCRaM said:

wow, you get a speed-up when there's a planet on screen?

No, I actually have a decent CPU and a midlevel graphics card, normal KSP runs silky smooth with it, probably 40+ fps even with vessles passing 300 parts, but with visual mods are installed, the framerate is silky smooth whenever a planet with visual enhancements isn't on the screen, but when one is, the frame rate slows to 15 fps because the game has to actually process that.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Lewie said:

Yeah, or like a memorial to it...

The hunt for the kraken will be interesting though! I mean, there has got to be some sort of nod to it...right?

I guess so... I think I will send in ksp 1 some kind of exploration ship. But in ksp 2... it will be all a different story

Hard to say...  I'm half-afraid that by the time it's released, other (better?) sandbox games will have my attention.

The system of large pre-built parts seems to be sliding toward obsolescence, if not already there.   ...they still got cuteness going for them though; hopefully they don't lose that along the way.  

5 hours ago, Lt_Duckweed said:

Honestly, boot up a sandbox save and spend a few hours salivating over all the new engines.

I know! Imagine what the description for the Orion drove will be...hehe

Edited by Lewie