What’s the first thing you’ll do in ksp2?

1 hour ago, XLjedi said:

Hard to say...  I'm half-afraid that by the time it's released, other (better?) sandbox games will have my attention.

The system of large pre-built parts seems to be sliding toward obsolescence, if not already there.   ...they still got cuteness going for them though; hopefully they don't lose that along the way.  

by the time they release it i'll be a senior and have to focus on more important things

1 hour ago, XLjedi said:

The system of large pre-built parts seems to be sliding toward obsolescence, if not already there.

Do you mean the parts as we know them from KSP 1 with „large pre-built parts“? If yes, why do you think that it is sliding towards obsolescence?

5 minutes ago, s_gamer101 said:

Do you mean the parts as we know them from KSP 1 with „large pre-built parts“? If yes, why do you think that it is sliding towards obsolescence?

the newer games like KSP are all using procedural parts what let the player make anything they want without being limited by a few different sizes or lengths. even KSP's old dev Felipe Falanghe's new game balsa flight sim is using procedural parts

4 hours ago, s_gamer101 said:

Because in more advanced sandbox games... 

You build the interior of the craft, program dials on the dashboard, build your own navigation systems, design deck layouts, electrical systems, piping, you build the engine you need using engine parts, you program HUDs to show you what you want to see.  You wander around inside of your creation performing tasks to accomplish the mission.  ...sometimes with friends on board.  You work on huge craft with robotic parts and hinges that allow you to deploy and retrieve craft from the hangar bays of your ship.  

Comparatively, In KSP... 

You start with "Fuel Tank",  slap on "Cockpit", add 3 "Fins", attach engine...  Launch. 

Anything much more complex than that and you risk the wheels of your craft bouncing you off the surface of a planet, or not being able to use the fuel in your craft because the game is hopelessly bugged.  So in a game about space, you end up spending most of your time piddling around building neat little jets and cool stuff on Kerbin and seldom leave the atmosphere.  On the rare occasions you do venture into space, they don't bother to give you the spaceflight systems for the most basic of trajectory planning.  Relying on mods for things like transfer windows and launch scheduling is just ridiculous.    

10 hours ago, XLjedi said:

You build the interior of the craft, program dials on the dashboard, build your own navigation systems, design deck layouts, electrical systems, piping, you build the engine you need using engine parts, you program HUDs to show you what you want to see.  You wander around inside of your creation performing tasks to accomplish the mission.  ...sometimes with friends on board.  You work on huge craft with robotic parts and hinges that allow you to deploy and retrieve craft from the hangar bays of your ship.  

Comparatively, In KSP... 

You start with "Fuel Tank",  slap on "Cockpit", add 3 "Fins", attach engine...  Launch. 

Anything much more complex than that and you risk the wheels of your craft bouncing you off the surface of a planet, or not being able to use the fuel in your craft because the game is hopelessly bugged.  So in a game about space, you end up spending most of your time piddling around building neat little jets and cool stuff on Kerbin and seldom leave the atmosphere.  On the rare occasions you do venture into space, they don't bother to give you the spaceflight systems for the most basic of trajectory planning.  Relying on mods for things like transfer windows and launch scheduling is just ridiculous.    

Well, I still like KSP and I‘m looking forward to KSP 2.

14 hours ago, XLjedi said:

Comparatively, In KSP... 

The problem is, of all the sandbox space games out there the only "real science*" one is basically KSP (and simple rockets 2, but that game can't keep up with KSP1, it has no chances against KSP2).

I'd love a Space Engineers, Stationeers or Starbase build model on top of KSP's realism* and "space administration tycoon" gameplay, but sadly those great build models are always locked behind some cheap simplified space Minecraft openworld survival model and with absurd "just point straight up and you're in space" orbital mechanics.

* No, I don't want to talk again of how unrealistic and bad-sciency Tinkerbell's fairy dust fuel is, is still more realistic than NMS or Space Engineers model of "space travel".

4 minutes ago, Master39 said:

The problem is, of all the sandbox space games out there the only "real science*" one is basically KSP (and simple rockets 2, but that game can't keep up with KSP1, it has no chances against KSP2).

I'd love a Space Engineers, Stationeers or Starbase build model on top of KSP's realism* and "space administration tycoon" gameplay, but sadly those great build models are always locked behind some cheap simplified space Minecraft openworld survival model and with absurd "just point straight up and you're in space" orbital mechanics.

* No, I don't want to talk again of how unrealistic and bad-sciency Tinkerbell's fairy dust fuel is, is still more realistic than NMS or Space Engineers model of "space travel".

The threat is actually from non-space games...  which are now beginning to dabble in space. 

Question is, will they employ orbital mechanics?

5 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

Question is, will they employ orbital mechanics?

Let's hope they do while being prepared for a lot of "see that planet in the sky? Take off and point straight towards it".

21 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

by the time they release it i'll be a senior and have to focus on more important things

Just for naught, it should be pointed that this can be interpreted in two VERY different ways.

That said, the net effect is the same.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:53 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

5 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

Just for naught, it should be pointed that this can be interpreted in two VERY different ways..

It took me a second to think about this, lol. 

2 hours ago, Lewie said:

It took me a second to think about this, lol. 

OP was thinkin:   "Yeah, I'll be too busy applying for colleges and reviewing test results with my teachers."

I was thinkin:  "Yeah, I'll probably be too busy applying for AARP and reviewing test results with my doctors."

Edited by XLjedi

• 2 weeks later...

Build the ISV Venture star from Avatar. Ill use the new truss parts, spherical fuel tanks, and the new propulsion systems to hopefully make a functional and effective ship that will make those trips to the other star systems useful

2 hours ago, MrFancyPL said:

The first thing i will do in KSP2 is making vehicle with landing legs and/ or wheels to test if they will drift on surface ( not like Tokyo drift, i mean while they are parked). If they not, I will proceed to have fun.

When I get KSP2, I will proceed to make a vehicle designed to traverse laterally and Tokyo drift with the aid of landing legs and rover wheels.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 6:18 PM, XLjedi said:

Anything much more complex than that and you risk the wheels of your craft bouncing you off the surface of a planet, or not being able to use the fuel in your craft because the game is hopelessly bugged.  So in a game about space, you end up spending most of your time piddling around building neat little jets and cool stuff on Kerbin and seldom leave the atmosphere.

Sounds about like what I do, just screw off in atmosphere, and I absolutely love it, because I dont have to worry about POOFING Kerbals, I got EVA chutes, and they are never stuck in orbit, ever.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:55 AM, Master39 said:

Space Engineers

My second favorite space game. Its fun, requires you to think, and is really cool.

10 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

My second favorite space game. Its fun, requires you to think, and is really cool.

But, like the other 20 or so "space Minecrafts" has no orbital mechanics and realistic rockets.

I'd love to have a similar game with the space flight of KSP.