[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x] Jet Sounds Updated

11 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

I don't understand about that. Do you mean replacing the current audio file with another one, as long as it has the original audio's filename?

No.  The audio is being replaced, but now it doesn't step over RealPlume

• Removed unnecessary patch for realplume

19 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:
  1. Good thing, custom audio!
  2. I don't understand about that. Do you mean replacing the current audio file with another one, as long as it has the original audio's filename?
15 hours ago, Corax said:

Haven't looked into it, but my understanding is instead of ripping out and replacing the entire node that contains (among other things) the information which audio file to play, he's now only replacing that single piece of information with a new one.

What this mod was doing was deleting the whole EFFECTS node which contains the particle and audio settings for everything. That's going overboard for a mod that only changes sounds. And in doing so, it causes conflict with mods that may change only the particles, like RealPlume or one of my own mods.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

25 minutes ago, Joker58th said:

@linuxgurugamerI posted a git issue where realplume adds its own sounds over top of the JetSoundsCont for the Juno and Wheesley engines.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/JetSoundsUpdated/issues/2

@JadeOfMaar  Can you take a look?  What's currently released is the last patch that you did.

Thanks

@Joker58th @linuxgurugamer RealPlume adds its own plumes and sounds to the jet engines. This mod also adds both. This mod will need a new AFTER pass in order to operate after RealPlume, and (not immediately important but relevant) not apply its own plumes. I'll troubleshoot that for myself later today, when I can.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Joker58th @linuxgurugamer RealPlume adds its own plumes and sounds to the jet engines. This mod also adds both. This mod will need a new AFTER pass in order to operate after RealPlume, and (not immediately important but relevant) not apply its own plumes. I'll troubleshoot that for myself later today, when I can.

Having had a look at the configs very quickly it appears to me that Jet Sounds was brute forcing the problem when installed with RealPlume previously by deleting the  entireeffects node and then adding in its own smokescreen fx  + sounds. However the smokescreen fx being applied are exactly the same as the realplume config making that step redundant. The more elegant solution would be as Jade suggested to merely patch the relevant sound nodes after RealPlume has done its thing at the correct AFTER pass. My suggestion is :AFTER[zzRealPlume].

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Great. Please let me know how it goes

Seems to work great! I've just jumped in and ran up some of the engines, but I did confirm that both PlumeParty effects and JetSounds sounds co-existed in the Panther, at least.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 5:45 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Jet Sounds Updated

Jet Sounds was an amazing mod that eventually stop being updated. After this happened many people wanted the creator to keep developing it, or for someone to release their own copy that worked.

History

This mod replaces the stock jet engine sounds with their realistic counter-part;

• J-20 "Juno"               > Garrett TFE731
  • J-33 "Wheesley"       > CFM International CFM56
  • J-90 "Goliath"            > General Electric GE90
  • J-404 "Panther"         > General Electric GE404
  • J-X4 "Whiplash"        > Rolls Royce Olympus
  • CR-7 "R.A.P.I.E.R."         >SABRE (This is cool, go check it out here!)

Now with Partial-support for SXT Continued!

Availability

CKAN & Spacedock, soon

Unfortunately the linked video is marked as private and therefore not watchable.

On 1/21/2023 at 7:42 PM, KingPengumon said:

hi does this work with TweakScale? Like scaling the pitch and maybe sound if you are tweakscaling the engine size.

Sorry,  but nope. It's not a bad idea. but I'm unsure If I will ever work on it. But, I at least I will not forget about it neither!

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/275

On 1/21/2023 at 7:50 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't know if TS scales sounds, I don't think it does

The "problem" with sounds is that they don't "scale" exactly (no one wants a 186 dB sound effect coming from their speakers!) - I would need to change the pitch, but also how far the engine can be heard.

But it sounds (pun not intended) like a nice idea, worthing of at least a try!

Cheers!

13 hours ago, Lisias said:

The "problem" with sounds is that they don't "scale" exactly (no one wants a 186 dB sound effect coming from their speakers!) - I would need to change the pitch, but also how far the engine can be heard.

But it sounds (pun not intended) like a nice idea, worthing of at least a try!

Maybe some sort of logarithmic scaling might work, with a cap on the upper limit?

But yeah, it's a lot of work.

• 4 months later...

Hi, it seems like Waterfall (stock waterfall effect / restock waterfall expansion) is overwriting this mod with its own configs, which is kinda sad since their sounds are horrible (I guess they use stock sounds),
Could a compatibility patch be considered ?
Peace

22 hours ago, kurgut said:

Hi, it seems like Waterfall (stock waterfall effect / restock waterfall expansion) is overwriting this mod with its own configs, which is kinda sad since their sounds are horrible (I guess they use stock sounds),
Peace

I'll look at it, probably just adding an AFTER clause will fix it.

To save me time, can you show me exactly what's going on?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

23 hours ago, kurgut said:

Peace

I wonder how these sounds compare to the ones included with RealPlume?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.