[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x] Jet Sounds Updated

Jet Sounds Updated

Jet Sounds was an amazing mod that eventually stop being updated. After this happened many people wanted the creator to keep developing it, or for someone to release their own copy that worked.

History

This mod replaces the stock jet engine sounds with their realistic counter-part;

• J-20 "Juno"               > Garrett TFE731
  • J-33 "Wheesley"       > CFM International CFM56
  • J-90 "Goliath"            > General Electric GE90
  • J-404 "Panther"         > General Electric GE404
  • J-X4 "Whiplash"        > Rolls Royce Olympus
  • CR-7 "R.A.P.I.E.R."         >SABRE (This is cool, go check it out here!)

Now with Partial-support for SXT Continued!

Availability

CKAN & Spacedock, soon

Edited by linuxgurugamer

6 minutes ago, mabdi36 said:

It just changes the sounds i’m pretty sure, so I don’t see why not. Correct me if i am wrong @linuxgurugamer

It very specifically works with RealPlume, there are specific patches in for it, and that's what I had to fix

44 minutes ago, coyotesfrontier said:

Nice! Does this work with RealPlume?

Yes

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I would appreciate some people posting their experience with the beta.  If it work, or if it doesn't work, and your game setup (mod list, if possible)

Thanks

Put the engines on a test stand with 1.3.0.1 version and it all sounds good.  KSP 1.9.1.  No errors or warnings.

Spoiler

QscdpP7.png

5kiH0qY.png

Edited by Joker58th

Hello @linuxgurugamer!

Is it possible to provide compatibility for SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts, especially Atomic Age? That would be epic. I would do it myself if I knew how to, but I don't. If that is not possible, how would I go around making a config (RealPlume is not a possible, because even though I have it, i don't think SpaceTux supports it)?

Huge thanks in advance,

mabdi36.

6 hours ago, mabdi36 said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer!

Is it possible to provide compatibility for SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts, especially Atomic Age? That would be epic. I would do it myself if I knew how to, but I don't. If that is not possible, how would I go around making a config (RealPlume is not a possible, because even though I have it, i don't think SpaceTux supports it)?

Huge thanks in advance,

mabdi36.

There is only a single jet engine in the Atomic Age, I might be able to add support for it in there.

Off the top of my head, I'm not remembering any other jets in Recycled Parts, if there are, can you list them for me?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There is only a single jet engine in the Atomic Age, I might be able to add support for it in there.

Off the top of my head, I'm not remembering any other jets in Recycled Parts, if there are, can you list them for me?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, I don't think there are.  I checked the folders and it doesnt seem like there are anymore.

Edited by mabdi36

Just now, mabdi36 said:

No, I don't think there are.  I checked the folders and it doesnt seem like there are anymore.

Ok.  I just finished testing the nuclear jet, I'm using the same sounds as the Wheesley.  Would be interested in hearing if you would like a different one

34 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.  I just finished testing the nuclear jet, I'm using the same sounds as the Wheesley.  Would be interested in hearing if you would like a different one

With how the engine looks and is supposed to act, either the wheesley or panther are both awesome choices. 

sorry if this is too much to ask for, but is it possible to produce realplume configs as well for those engines as well? It’s fine if you can’t/don’t want to, and sorry if i am sounding picky

1 hour ago, mabdi36 said:

With how the engine looks and is supposed to act, either the wheesley or panther are both awesome choices. 

sorry if this is too much to ask for, but is it possible to produce realplume configs as well for those engines as well? It’s fine if you can’t/don’t want to, and sorry if i am sounding picky

The Nuclear Jet already has decent configs for the plume.

For the Wheesley or Panther, you need to speak to the RealPlume people.

The sound for the jet will be in the next release, which will also take it out of beta

Just some more suggestion (if the license allows you to change the sounds):

• Give the Wheesley the CFM56 sound, but with that 'buzzsaw'!
    • 'Buzzsaw' could be at "Spool" soundfile and the whine to the "Idle" soundfile (I'm just using the Airplane Plus soundfile philosophy)
  • GE90 (aka J-90 Goliath):
    • There's the lower-pitch one alongside the high-pitch whine, right? Make the lower pitch louder or the high pitch whine quieter, like this.
    • There's a hum during startup, both in test stand and on the 777. (The latter vid's the epic one. Use this one) (EDIT: I just realized that vid is for the GE90-94B, and that's what the Goliath engine based on)
    • Also loving it if you could make the startup that slow.

Something more, the current Wheesley (the post-1.0.5 one) is actually based on the CFM56-7B, which is the CFM56 on the Boeing 737NG (which has the Cold-Stream thrust reversers) instead of the CFM56-5-series on Airbus A320 & smaller A340 variants (-200 & -300) (which has the cascade-type thrust reversers).

But since both the A320 & 737NG's CFM56 is just different variants (with both CFM56-5 series & CFM56-7B has different fan diameters) (but literally the same engine), the same sounds is just fine.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

3 hours ago, FahmiRBLXian said:

posting this just in case someone missed my earlier post. merging is appreciated

Jeez.  You posted less than 3 hours ago.  You know, people have lives, they sleep, they work.   This isn't the first priority in most peoples' lives.  You need to be a bit more patient.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:08 AM, FahmiRBLXian said:

Just some more suggestion (if the license allows you to change the sounds):

• Give the Wheesley the CFM56 sound, but with that 'buzzsaw'!
    • 'Buzzsaw' could be at "Spool" soundfile and the whine to the "Idle" soundfile (I'm just using the Airplane Plus soundfile philosophy)
  • GE90 (aka J-90 Goliath):
    • There's the lower-pitch one alongside the high-pitch whine, right? Make the lower pitch louder or the high pitch whine quieter, like this.
    • There's a hum during startup, both in test stand and on the 777. (The latter vid's the epic one. Use this one) (EDIT: I just realized that vid is for the GE90-94B, and that's what the Goliath engine based on)
    • Also loving it if you could make the startup that slow.

Something more, the current Wheesley (the post-1.0.5 one) is actually based on the CFM56-7B, which is the CFM56 on the Boeing 737NG (which has the Cold-Stream thrust reversers) instead of the CFM56-5-series on Airbus A320 & smaller A340 variants (-200 & -300) (which has the cascade-type thrust reversers).

But since both the A320 & 737NG's CFM56 is just different variants (with both CFM56-5 series & CFM56-7B has different fan diameters) (but literally the same engine), the same sounds is just fine.

Right now, I'm actually at work.  But to reply to this, I'm only (for now) getting it to work in 1.9.1 and adding the Atomic Age Nuclear Jet engine.

These may be decent suggestions, but wasn't the intention of my adoption at this time to make major changes.  Maybe in the future, but not now.

Also, the startup speed is fine, this _is_ a game, after all

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.3.0.2

• Thanks to @JadeOfMaar for the following:
    • fix hostile non-realplume config
    • change these to edit/insert audio directly, do not delete and replace whole EFFECTS node.
  1. Good thing, custom audio!
  2. I don't understand about that. Do you mean replacing the current audio file with another one, as long as it has the original audio's filename?

Haven't looked into it, but my understanding is instead of ripping out and replacing the entire node that contains (among other things) the information which audio file to play, he's now only replacing that single piece of information with a new one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.