[WIP][1.8.x-1.12.x] Singularity - black hole shaders

blackrack

21 hours ago, Kingsboy said:

Hello everybody I would like to understand the principle of the wormholes in the game

There is no wormholes by default in the game, Kopernicus adds functional wormholes and Singularity can make them look cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a specific place that I have to place my configs in? I don't really understand the whole "uses the game's confignode system". I get a popup in game that says 'No singularity objects loaded" with version 0.9.
Thanks for the awesome mod :)

8 hours ago, CFKK said:

Is there a specific place that I have to place my configs in? I don't really understand the whole "uses the game's confignode system". I get a popup in game that says 'No singularity objects loaded" with version 0.9.
Thanks for the awesome mod :)

Anywhere under GameData, if it still doesn't work the configs may be invalid, refer to the wiki page linked in the OP for sample configs.

• 2 months later...

@blackrack

So I am trying to make wormholes textures from the mini-trailer, and I could not get the portal effect.

Spoiler

name = Anomaly-WH-35325-A
gravity = 0.009
hideCelestialBody = True
useAccretionDisk = False
useRadialTextureMapping = True
accretionDiskNormal = 0,1,0
accretionDiskInnerRadius = 1
accretionDiskOuterRadius = 5
accretionDiskRotationSpeed = 60
wormholeTarget = Anomaly-WH-35325-B
accretionDiskTexturePath = 
scaleEnclosingMesh = 1

Does this code look correct?

Edited by The_Arcitect

On 9/11/2020 at 2:01 AM, The_Arcitect said:

@blackrack

So I am trying to make wormholes textures from the mini-trailer, and I could not get the portal effect.

Hide contents

name = Anomaly-WH-35325-A
gravity = 0.009
hideCelestialBody = True
useAccretionDisk = False
useRadialTextureMapping = True
accretionDiskNormal = 0,1,0
accretionDiskInnerRadius = 1
accretionDiskOuterRadius = 5
accretionDiskRotationSpeed = 60
wormholeTarget = Anomaly-WH-35325-B
accretionDiskTexturePath = 
scaleEnclosingMesh = 1

Does this code look correct?

You say you didn't get the portal effect, does that mean you can't see anything or you can't see to the other side?

If it's the latter, you need a wormhole on the target as well.

if it's the former, gravity looks too low. Start with a high gravity value if in doubt, you can edit it in-game directly after to tweak. Check the examples here: https://github.com/LGhassen/Singularity/wiki

Also you don't need these params if you don't use accretion disk (although they won't cause interference): useRadialTextureMapping, accretionDiskNormal, accretionDiskInnerRadius, accretionDiskOuterRadius, accretionDiskRotationSpeed and accretionDiskTexturePath

Edited by blackrack

3 hours ago, blackrack said:

You say you didn't get the portal effect, does that mean you can't see anything or you can't see to the other side?

If it's the latter, you need a wormhole on the target as well.

if it's the former, gravity looks too low. Start with a high gravity value if in doubt, you can edit it in-game directly after to tweak. Check the examples here: https://github.com/LGhassen/Singularity/wiki

Also you don't need these params if you don't use accretion disk (although they won't cause interference): useRadialTextureMapping, accretionDiskNormal, accretionDiskInnerRadius, accretionDiskOuterRadius, accretionDiskRotationSpeed and accretionDiskTexturePath

So this is what I got.

https://imgur.com/a/2Pann5Q

Edited by The_Arcitect

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Beckamabobby said:

If I download a mod that uses this, like kerbal galaxy three, will it and/or the new mod configure itself, or will I have to manually configure it?

If you download a mod that uses this, it will come with it's own singularity config you don't have to manually configure it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I have a problem with the mod, I did read the wiki, and copy past to change Kerbin's sun the for the black hole, hoewer it said "And the Sun into a black hole with accretion disk (provided the texture is there)".

How do I set the path to the texture? I have EventHorizon installed for the texture, but how do I explain the CFG file to use a texture of a black hole?

Sorry If I'm dumb  but I really need to know how to have the black hole instead the sun.

ps: I noticed the "warp space" effect around the sun, but I can't see the black hole.

Edited by Oraldo revak