Parts w/ Text Ability

I've been wondering , what if in Update 1.9.2, there would be an Insert Text Option for a specific Stock part, let's say the Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank, The text option could measure the length of the Kerbodyne tank itself, or how about the Mk3 Cargo Bay, the text option could run the length of the Cargo bay, This is only a suggestion, but I have a certainty than KSP v 1.9.2 will be an amazing Spectacle to see in action.

There are mods that add text decals, but I don’t remember their exact names and don’t use any myself. It would be a nice thing to have but could be difficult to implement in a way that makes everyone happy.

if they were added as a stock feature, it would be in release 1.10 as major releases like that increment the second number (1.x) and minor bug fix releases increment the third (1.9.x). I doubt there will be a version 1.9.2 this long after 1.9.1 as what work can be done in the face of the global corona virus pandemic, will be going into making version 1.10 ready for release.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

We know there will be decals in KSP2 but I asked this directly (ability to write words and choose font) of Snark when he interviewed them, and to me their answer didn't actually say that you'd be able to write on tanks.

But if decals are available you know a modder will add writing pretty quickly. And in theory you could make 26 letter decals though that'd be clunky.

KSP1? I'd like it but don't really expect it.

In my dream world, you can specify "write name on pod" and the name of the ship will be painted on the side of the pod automatically. This would mesh very well with the ability we already have to specify multiple names for a ship, one per control pod.

Edited by Superfluous J

2 hours ago, LoneKharnivore said:

There is the public relations problem of idiots writing offensive messages on their rockets and then posting them all over the internet.

Known as the "TTP" factor.

As in "time to 'male appendix'"...

Edited by Curveball Anders

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.