Duna base explodes when I go back to it

I'm not sure if this best belongs on technical support or Gameplay, so starting here hoping someone has a suggestion.

I have built and landed a surface base for Duna.  I messed around with it a bit, EVA, etc and all seemed well.  Then I left and did some other things.

I came back to the station, only for it to immediately explode as soon as the game/scene loads.  I've tried it both with my various mods as well as with none and it explodes either way.  Any suggestions on how I can salvage the base (and the poor Kerbals in it)?

I uploaded the save game to my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MZKdLX0yMFUGpPqNYc3fzvvgf-3BbGgH?usp=sharing.  I had also tried sending this as an email to the kerbalspaceprogram support email, but unlike a previous problem I had, I have gotten no response there.

Appreciate any advice you have!

Well, my approach in a similar situation (it was a landed plane, not a base) was to <R-Shift> - <F12> (yes, I use Linux) and to activate essentially all the cheats before switching to that plane. Then when it was done jumping around and was again standing on the ground I deactivated all the cheats.

3 hours ago, AHHans said:

Well, my approach in a similar situation (it was a landed plane, not a base) was to <R-Shift> - <F12> (yes, I use Linux) and to activate essentially all the cheats before switching to that plane. Then when it was done jumping around and was again standing on the ground I deactivated all the cheats.

Bingo - I think that did it.  It bounced around quite a bit when I switched to it, but the cheats kept it intact until it settles.  I switched and back several times and it seems fine, but I'll keep that trick in mind if it happens again.  My Kerbals thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.