[1.11.x] Phoenix Industries (v1.7) [18-DEC-2020] - Cargo ships, Deep Space solutions, EVA Suits, Boosters, and more!

-ctn-

JvPNGja.png

ZtsjZBj.png

ioWZQ1i.png

X7TfEkw.png

4ZJH5Ww.png

JNKOz31.png

siTlDiq.png

BfXL6F7.png

0L4RZ7k.png

VJEmdeP.png

gQFPHe5.png

Download Link:

Download

Preamble:
Hey everyone! I wanted to release any future mods of mine as one bundle instead of separately. Unfortunately, the hard drive containing all of my other mods is long dead and inaccessible, so any new mods going forward are created new-from-scratch. I decided to create a new, single thread for the new mods and to keep things more organized for maintenance and updating. For these reasons, all previous mods are officially no longer supported by me. At least one is graciously being continued by @bcink here: The Martian for KSP.

Description:
This mod contains a small handful of totally re-made parts from my old mods. Currently included are: Two Solid-Rocket-Boosters; one large and one small - Cygnus style cargo spacecraft, one standard and one extended; a Dragon style cargo spacecraft;  EVA suits loosely based on The Martian; stockalike EVA handrails; stockalike 1.25m Xenon fuel tanks; a very powerful ion engine; a simple Arc Reactor module; and Snacks! Greenhouse.

--Both SRB models include emissive textures and animations and will work with stock KSP.

--Ion Engines and Reactor models include emissive textures and animations and will work with stock KSP.

--Xenon fuel tanks models include normal map textures and will work with stock KSP.

--EVA handrails use KSP's PartVariant module to switch between grey and gold textures and will work with stock KSP. They are modeled directly after the handrails on the stock MK1-3 command pod.

--The "Atratus" and "Fawks" spacecraft will work with stock as of KSP 1.11!

--The EVA suits have been completely overhauled and will work with stock KSP.

--The Greenhouse part is intended to recycle Soil and Electricity into Snacks, and in order to add its functionality, you'll need to install Snacks!

Earlier version on Kottabos:

Known Issues:
None

Changelog:

Spoiler

v1.7
-Reworked Cargo Resupply Parts (Dragon, Cygnus parts) to use stock KSP inventory system
-Added cargo ability (can be stored in Cargo parts) to Handrail and Greenhouse parts
-Moved Cygnus style parts from Payload to Cargo tab

v1.6
-Added Greenhouse part
-Complete overhaul of EVA Suit textures - they now work with the stock suit switcher and do not require Texture Replacer.
-Added new fun suit textures - Ad Astra, Grey Tiger Stripe, Colonial Marines, and Alien
-Most textures have been converted to .DDS for better loading and compatibility

v1.5.2
-Repackaged to fix missing parts errors and cleaned up the config files

v1.5.1
-Increased cost for each part for balancing
-Increased mass of reactor as a trade-off for free electricity

v1.5
-Added three 1.25m Xenon fuel tanks in 1m, 2m, and 3m lengths
-Added Iron-Man inspired Arc Reactor core module (2.5m) for easy electric charge
-Added super efficient and powerful Ion Engine for fun-sies

v1.4
-Tested against 1.10.1

v1.3
--Added stockalike Dragon parts (Capsule, Heatshield, Trunk, Solar Panel, Shroud, Nosecone, Coupler)
--Tweaked textures for all parts
--Added PartVariant module to Moore Booster, Fawks Trunk, and Fawks Shroud to give option to remove logo

v1.2
--Added EVA handrails!

v1.1
--Fixed Categories icons!
--Fixed texture alignment on Kickback recolor / alternate texture

License is CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
88x31.png

Donate

Edited by -ctn-

4 hours ago, NiL said:

I think Ariane-style SRBs can use a little retexturing to match new KSP style, but otherwise yay Phoenix!

Aw, really? I actually quite liked how that one turned out! :lol:

EDIT: Version 1.1 is out, which fixes an issue with custom categories as well as a texture alignment issue.

Edited by -ctn-

Awesome stuff! And we are sorely short of cargo options!

I recently started working on some Cygnus stuff as well, perhaps we can collab. in some area? It would be great to make ATV and HTV available to people as well.

Spoiler

XbT7KDD.jpg
z1IPFSH.jpg
Z47XQCl.jpg
View_of_ATV-2_-_cropped_and_rotated.jpgH-II-Transfer-Vehicle.jpg

Edited by Beale

1 minute ago, Beale said:

Awesome stuff! And we are sorely short of cargo options!

I recently started working on some Cygnus stuff as well, perhaps we can collab. in some area? It would be great to make ATV and HTV available to people as well.

Reveal hidden contents

XbT7KDD.jpg
z1IPFSH.jpg

That looks amazing! Much better than my skill level :lol: The much older version of this mod (Phoenix Industries CRS) used to have an ATV and HTV, but I always had trouble with doing solar panels so I stopped supporting it really, and then the hard drive crash happened so I don't have any of my old files. 

I would be up to collaborating - although, I use your Tantares mod and I gotta say, I'm not sure what I could contribute that you can't already do better :lol:

So cool that Phoenix boosters are back now, I a really sorry you lost the hard drive with your mod information.

Looking back at the original Phoenix Boosters, @-ctn-, will you be adding the Nudge into this mod? I really liked that one as well as all the other boosters. (one of my favorite booster mod out there)

2 hours ago, -ctn- said:

That looks amazing! Much better than my skill level :lol: The much older version of this mod (Phoenix Industries CRS) used to have an ATV and HTV, but I always had trouble with doing solar panels so I stopped supporting it really, and then the hard drive crash happened so I don't have any of my old files. 

I would be up to collaborating - although, I use your Tantares mod and I gotta say, I'm not sure what I could contribute that you can't already do better :lol:

No worries - well I am happy to help if you need anything, give me a shout!

12 minutes ago, Titan 3001 said:

So cool that Phoenix boosters are back now, I a really sorry you lost the hard drive with your mod information.

Looking back at the original Phoenix Boosters, @-ctn-, will you be adding the Nudge into this mod? I really liked that one as well as all the other boosters. (one of my favorite booster mod out there)

Actually, I hadn't planned on it since the stock boosters changed their style and they added the "mite" booster, which is almost the same size. I'll think about it.

1 hour ago, Cloakedwand72 said:

Cool mod I specially like the Cygnus inspired craft! Oh have you thought of making.a SpaceX starship for your pack hence sorta inspired bye SpaceX with logos etc? Anyway hope you have a good week.

I haven't considered doing the Starship... Actually, if you want SpaceX inspired stuff, I would definitely check out Tundra Exploration. @tygoo7 and @damonvv have done / are doing excellent work on that mod and it's one of my favorites. I actually prefer the Dragon style capsule and trunk from theirs to mine, which is why I may not remake mine. We'll see!

2 hours ago, -ctn- said:

Actually, I hadn't planned on it since the stock boosters changed their style and they added the "mite" booster, which is almost the same size. I'll think about it.

Is the Mite part of Breaking Ground or is it stock? If it was added to stock I can totally understand if you don't want to add it in, even if the Mite is in Breaking Ground then that is a fairly good reason to not need to add it in.

Are you going to add the 1.25m liquid fuel conical booster as well? less of a loss but was a cool little addition. As a side note, if you had KW rocketry, Homegrown rockets and Phoenix boosters you would have conical boosters in 1.25, 1.875, 2.5, and 3.75m sizes.

1 hour ago, Titan 3001 said:

Is the Mite part of Breaking Ground or is it stock? If it was added to stock I can totally understand if you don't want to add it in, even if the Mite is in Breaking Ground then that is a fairly good reason to not need to add it in.

Are you going to add the 1.25m liquid fuel conical booster as well? less of a loss but was a cool little addition. As a side note, if you had KW rocketry, Homegrown rockets and Phoenix boosters you would have conical boosters in 1.25, 1.875, 2.5, and 3.75m sizes.

The "Mite" is stock KSP. The Making History DLC has a conical liquid fuel booster modeled after the Soyuz rockets (what I modeled mine after) so I didn't really see a need to make it again.

4 hours ago, spacehorse said:

Hey thx for the nice work, short Question i am not sure is this compatible with 1.8.1?

Many Thx in advance

It should be, yes. 

On 5/10/2020 at 2:28 PM, -ctn- said:

I haven't considered doing the Starship... Actually, if you want SpaceX inspired stuff, I would definitely check out Tundra Exploration. @tygoo7 and @damonvv have done / are doing excellent work on that mod and it's one of my favorites. I actually prefer the Dragon style capsule and trunk from theirs to mine, which is why I may not remake mine. We'll see!

Thanks! I like tundras mod though I’ve had a hard time reentering his starship replica hoping for something slightly easy to fly. 

Overall I really enjoy the mod so far and look forward to see what is next. But, I was wondering if you had any plans to make the Atraus modules able to hold materials/supplies such as life support items like snacks/supplies, materials like ore/water/machinery? I would love to send a supply mission of life support materials to a station or ship but also don't want to spend the time constantly attaching and taking off smaller containers filled with those items onto the station or ship to transfer the supplies. In a ideal world it would be similar to how @Angel-125 has some of the mod parts have a set volume with the ability to customize how space is sectioned off for multiple materials or configurable containers. I am saying this without fully understanding how difficult instituting a change that like would be and understand if that is not possible in any way. 

Thank you in advance!

On 5/14/2020 at 8:15 PM, Lighthouse18 said:

Overall I really enjoy the mod so far and look forward to see what is next. But, I was wondering if you had any plans to make the Atraus modules able to hold materials/supplies such as life support items like snacks/supplies, materials like ore/water/machinery? I would love to send a supply mission of life support materials to a station or ship but also don't want to spend the time constantly attaching and taking off smaller containers filled with those items onto the station or ship to transfer the supplies. In a ideal world it would be similar to how @Angel-125 has some of the mod parts have a set volume with the ability to customize how space is sectioned off for multiple materials or configurable containers. I am saying this without fully understanding how difficult instituting a change that like would be and understand if that is not possible in any way. 

Thank you in advance!

Perhaps, I will try to look into it. As far as I know, that requires the use of B9PartSwitcher. I'll try to see what's involved with that. I'm not sure what mod Angel-125 has done, but I'll take a look.

In other news, I was going along in my playthrough and after a mishap, realized I sorely needed some EVA handrails. I didn't like to use the stock Ladder as an EVA handrail and the old handrails mod is severely outdated. So I decided to try my hand at making my own. The part itself is modeled to the exact specs as the big handrail on the stock MK1-3 Command Pod. I realize the Kerbals don't actually use these handrails but instead the 'ladder' in between them, but I really liked the look of them and wanted to model mine after them.

I also wanted to try to figure out the stock Part Variant system. So the handrails come in either standard Grey or Gold. So far they seem to work as intended, but I want to test them out a bit more before I release them.

K1VQ5r1.png

Version 1.3 is up, which adds 7 new parts to replicate the SpaceX Dragon spacecraft: Nosecone, Capsule, Heatshield, Trunk, Coupler, Solar Panel, and Shroud. Textures for all parts have been tweaked, most noticeably with the Atratus texture. PartVariant modules have been added to the new Dragon-style Trunk and Shroud as well as the "Moore" Booster to allow users to remove the blue bird logos from the parts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 10:45 AM, orangewarning said:

hi there, I suppose the handrails isn't compatible with restock?

Is the dragon and other stuff compatible though?

Not sure. I don’t see it wouldn’t be compatible with restock..?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.