WW2 Defence Contract/ Warbird Build Challenge

Is anyone interested in a WW2 aircraft build challenge using BDarmoury and airplane plus? 

I was thinking maybe in the style of companies battling for the defence contracts after an invasion similar to the WW2 arms race.

We could build aircraft for classes such as Fighters, Attackers and Bombers and score them based on performance for its class and look/realism (I love warbirds made using command seats and custom made cockpits for realism)

I don't know how to make one of these fancy looking pages with nice pictures and everything but if anyone is interested and wants to help me set it up let me know.

6 hours ago, HolidayTheLeek said:

Sounds good, but what would be the part count limit for this?

I have plenty of ww2-esque fighters though a lot of them are fairly high part count.

Hide contents

F9CbQMu.jpg

mAresgU.jpg

1HnEN2j.jpg

Cool planes mate. How do you add the pictures? I'd like to add some rules and stuff for judging if you're interested

1 hour ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Cool planes mate. How do you add the pictures? I'd like to add some rules and stuff for judging if you're interested

Add pictures using links with image hosting sites like imgur.

A link like this: https://i.imgur.com/iMCOsJG.jpg

should automatically embed as:

iMCOsJG.jpg

If you're using imgur, be sure to use 'direct image link'

5 hours ago, Pds314 said:

Using the DLC instead of AP+ is ok, right?

could use breaking ground. I don't have the making history though.

nice plane! I found the browning machine guns do next no damage so I added the the Vulcan hidden and nerfed it to 250 rounds per minute

On 5/11/2020 at 11:40 AM, HolidayTheLeek said:

Add pictures using links with image hosting sites like imgur.

A link like this: https://i.imgur.com/iMCOsJG.jpg

should automatically embed as:

iMCOsJG.jpg

If you're using imgur, be sure to use 'direct image link'

thanks! I appreciate it

17 minutes ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

could use breaking ground. I don't have the making history though.

nice plane! I found the browning machine guns do next no damage so I added the the Vulcan hidden and nerfed it to 250 rounds per minute

thanks! I appreciate it

Good to know. I agree that the brownings have a hard time actually taking out parts. I have found that locked M230s are pretty deadly against weaker parts. And vaguely realistic for late WWII cannons in terms of gun mass, fire rate, and caliber. Although even so we're talking Me-262 armaments but with buffed muzzle velocity, not, e.g. Spit armaments. If you want historical weaponry, download aviators arsenal and then set damage multiplier to like 300 to 1000.

Edited by Pds314

On 5/12/2020 at 12:08 PM, Pds314 said:

Good to know. I agree that the brownings have a hard time actually taking out parts. I have found that locked M230s are pretty deadly against weaker parts. And vaguely realistic for late WWII cannons in terms of gun mass, fire rate, and caliber. Although even so we're talking Me-262 armaments but with buffed muzzle velocity, not, e.g. Spit armaments. If you want historical weaponry, download aviators arsenal and then set damage multiplier to like 300 to 1000.

I tried aviator arsenal and love it. but for some reason on the current version of KSP none of the aviator arsenal ammo boxes show up for me. if you have any tips id love to include them

2 hours ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

I tried aviator arsenal and love it. but for some reason on the current version of KSP none of the aviator arsenal ammo boxes show up for me. if you have any tips id love to include them

Oh I think you might need a patch. Look at BAD-T 5 to find the link to said patch if I remember right.

3 hours ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

oh nice thank you! might be a bit complicated for people if its for the challenge. whats your planes performance like?

It can climb vertically. It can reach 150 m/s with no prop adjustments. It can pull high G turns above 80 m/s. I designed it to be compatible with a different challenge though so, f.e. motor power set lower than normal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.