Trans-Kerbin Airways - Regional Jet Challenge 2: Electric Boogaloo

9 hours ago, Darkuss said:

Next time, please post the direct link to your image.

Like this. Instead of copying the "Image Link", copy the "Direct Link". It has the image's format extension (e.g .png or .jpg) and it'll automatically appear as an image in your post.

[Snip]

1. In Desktop, you're supposed to head to your Profile on the Top Right corner of the homepage (The circle where the profile picture supposed to be). Click it, and a drop-down menu appears.
  2. Click "Images" in the drop-down menu.
  3. That brings you to all the pictures you've uploaded on Imgur. Select a picture you'd like to put in your post (yes, click it).
  4. The enlarged picture appears. See the list of links on the right of the picture? Find "Direct Link" (This is what we want), and click on the Blue "Copy" button at the end of the line.
  5. Now paste it in your post.

Most importantly (sorry if this sounds strict), do not just leave the post, and the thread in general as it is (this is a common problem I've seen with new users)Look up your "Notifications" section (It's the Bell icon) and see if there's any important stuff coming in, such as reviews on your craft, post corrections and thread announcement (You need to follow the thread in case of the announcement). You might alsk need to tweak your notification settings so you don't necessarily get emails for; just a notification under the bell and if you turned it on, Desktop Notifications.

Other than that, some advise for screenshots. Take a beautiful one by pressing "Esc" (Or "Escape" for Macs but I'm a Windows user so...) (yes it pauses the game), press F2 (some keyboards require you to press Fn as well) to hide the GUI, bring the camera yo wherever you want, hold Alt & scroll using the mousewheel to change the FOV. Use the lowest FOV (mousewheel down while Alt) for best results. Then take a screenshot. Reset it using "End" key.

EDIT 2: Use KerbalX to upload your craft instead of the Steam Workshop. Why, not everyone here uses the Steam version of KSP (plot twist, I must be the unluckiest among all). Two, in the craft page (if you uploaded your own), there'll be some important details about your craft which you may need to type in manually in Steam Workshop. Three, it's made by the member of the forums (All hail @katateochi, the forum member's Odin for his KerbalX), so using a 'homegrown' product will give some support. Even @HolidayTheLeek advised us to use KerbalX to upload craft here.

Edited by James Kerman
Redacted by a moderator

2 hours ago, FahmiRBLX said:

Next time, please post the direct link to your image.

Like this. Instead of copying the "Image Link", copy the "Direct Link". It has the image's format extension (e.g .png or .jpg) and it'll automatically appear as an image in your post.

[Snip]

1. In Desktop, you're supposed to head to your Profile on the Top Right corner of the homepage (The circle where the profile picture supposed to be). Click it, and a drop-down menu appears.
  2. Click "Images" in the drop-down menu.
  3. That brings you to all the pictures you've uploaded on Imgur. Select a picture you'd like to put in your post (yes, click it).
  4. The enlarged picture appears. See the list of links on the right of the picture? Find "Direct Link" (This is what we want), and click on the Blue "Copy" button at the end of the line.
  5. Now paste it in your post.

Most importantly (sorry if this sounds strict), do not just leave the post, and the thread in general as it is (this is a common problem I've seen with new users)Look up your "Notifications" section (It's the Bell icon) and see if there's any important stuff coming in, such as reviews on your craft, post corrections and thread announcement (You need to follow the thread in case of the announcement). You might also need to tweak your notification settings so you don't necessarily get emails for; just a notification under the bell and if you turned it on, Desktop Notifications.

Other than that, some advise for screenshots. Take a beautiful one by pressing "Esc" (Or "Escape" for Macs but I'm a Windows user so...) (yes it pauses the game), press F2 (some keyboards require you to press Fn as well) to hide the GUI, bring the camera yo wherever you want, hold Alt & scroll using the mousewheel to change the FOV. Use the lowest FOV (mousewheel down while Alt) for best results. Then take a screenshot. Reset it using "End" key.

EDIT 2: Use KerbalX to upload your craft instead of the Steam Workshop. Why, not everyone here uses the Steam version of KSP (plot twist, I must be the unluckiest among all). Two, in the craft page (if you uploaded your own), there'll be some important details about your craft which you may need to type in manually in Steam Workshop. Three, it's made by the member of the forums (All hail @katateochi, the forum member's Odin for his KerbalX), so using a 'homegrown' product will give some support. Even @HolidayTheLeek advised us to use KerbalX to upload craft here.

1. Thank you for showing me how to insert images in post!
2.No, I'm not leaving the post.
3.For me KerbalX doesn't want to take screenshots, like when i browse the screenshots i can't see my current screenshots and even when i take one with Craftmanager. (all of this happens in KSP)

51 minutes ago, Darkuss said:

3. For me KerbalX doesn't want to take screenshots, like when i browse the screenshots i can't see my current screenshots and even when i take one with Craftmanager. (all of this happens in KSP)

1. Have you checked your settings and see on which key is for your screenshot?
  2. Have you tried refreshing the "Screenshots" folder?
  3. Is it even the correct KSP folder? IIRC Steam games's file directory is a mess (from my own experience of trying to run War Thunder using GPU).

You can just use the "Screenshot Mode" (the F2 while pausing one), then take a screenshot using Steam after changing the FOV.

2 hours ago, Darkuss said:

Screenshots folder?

If you right-click on your KSP shortcut (Every Steam game installs should have a desktop shortcut), select "Open File Location".

Then you'll get lots of folders, such as "KSP_Data", "GameData" (where all your mods reside), "saves", "Screenshots", "Thumbs" and whatnot. Click on the "Screenshots". All screenshots should be sorted from Oldest to Newest, unless you change it to let's say, File Size.

[snip]

33 minutes ago, HyperDraco said:

I'm gonna build, a mediocre aircraft and post it.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

(But considering no one really cared about building NMAs until this guy, whatever [smh what the hack I've been talking about?])

Everything aside, this should be able to beat any submission. But remember, it's not as easy as you may think.

1 hour ago, FahmiRBLX said:

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

(But considering no one really cared about building NMAs until this guy, whatever [smh what the hack I've been talking about?])

Everything aside, this should be able to beat any submission. But remember, it's not as easy as you may think.

Exactly

prepare for a Made-in-Kerbin knockoff of the most generic aircraft possible.

I'll follow up with an actually innovative plane after the mediocre one

Anyways I'm nearly done with the brand new and definitely seen before design of the 

Draconic Mediocrity

It's a Medium (2970 km, so it's a borderline Long) Range, Medium Capacity Airliner.

Cruises at 175 m/s at 3200 Meters

It's slow, it's a tad bit more on the expensive side of average (fully fuelled), and flies quite averagely. This was to be expected.

This is, as intended a very mediocre plane, hence the name Mediocrity.

Edited by HyperDraco
Post #100 for me

To the judges,

A query has popped up in the Kerbal minds of the mediocre engineers and scientists, which is the question of the legality of part clipping 4 sets of wings together to provide one magnanimous and large wing for the Draconic Mediocrity.

Also about Part clipping fuel tanks, SAS Modules, Batteries and Communication antennas, they asked for those too.

7 hours ago, Darkuss said:

For me KerbalX doesn't want to take screenshots, like when i browse the screenshots i can't see my current screenshots and even when i take one with Craftmanager. (all of this happens in KSP)

CraftManager just uses the KSP screenshot system, so any screenshots taken by CM should end up in the KSP screenshots folder.  And in the image browser in CM you should also see any other pics you've taken in KSP by pressing F1. 
If you use a custom screenshot program like FRAPS or anything else that puts screenshots in another location, you can tell CM to use that location instead of the default KSP screenshot folder. Click on settings and you'll see the option to change the screenshot path. Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, Darkuss said:

can i submit more than one plane?

Yes, you can. Post it however you like; two difrerent planes in one post, two identical planes (variant) in one post, or two different planes in two different posts; it's how you'd like to post it.

2 hours ago, HyperDraco said:

To the judges,

A query has popped up in the Kerbal minds of the mediocre engineers and scientists, which is the question of the legality of part clipping 4 sets of wings together to provide one magnanimous and large wing for the Draconic Mediocrity.

Also about Part clipping fuel tanks, SAS Modules, Batteries and Communication antennas, they asked for those too.

In my opinion, as long as you kept part of the wings exposed (i.e not completely clipped into each other) that should be good. Take my L-50 airliner on Page 5 as an example (it has clipped wings too).

Part-clipping for fuel tanks shouls be fine if you're doing it in the name of aesthetics, not in the name of cheating. So yes and no. Basically as long as you keep all the clipped parts exposed and you're clipping parts for aesthetics, that should be fine.

In your case, you're making a bigger main wing using multiple clipped FAT wings. Take note however, ease of maintenance will be taken into account, and clipping parts could be bad for technicians.

Remember, excessive clipping (e.g clipping two FAT main wings into one that it appeared to be only one instead of two) is prohihited. 

@FahmiRBLX,

Challenge Judge

1 hour ago, FahmiRBLX said:

Yes, you can. Post it however you like; two difrerent planes in one post, two identical planes (variant) in one post, or two different planes in two different posts; it's how you'd like to post it.

In my opinion, as long as you kept part of the wings exposed (i.e not completely clipped into each other) that should be good. Take my L-50 airliner on Page 5 as an example (it has clipped wings too).

Part-clipping for fuel tanks shouls be fine if you're doing it in the name of aesthetics, not in the name of cheating. So yes and no. Basically as long as you keep all the clipped parts exposed and you're clipping parts for aesthetics, that should be fine.

In your case, you're making a bigger main wing using multiple clipped FAT wings. Take note however, ease of maintenance will be taken into account, and clipping parts could be bad for technicians.

Remember, excessive clipping (e.g clipping two FAT main wings into one that it appeared to be only one instead of two) is prohihited. 

@FahmiRBLX,

Challenge Judge

Ah. That's good to know, thanks.

Don't worry, it's quite a mediocre plane so it should be easy to work on, (except for the 4 small engines)

7 hours ago, HyperDraco said:

(except for the 4 small engines)

Forgot to mention this, OP said only a maximum of 3 engines fully clipped into each other (i.e that it seems like 1) is allowed, with a reasonable excuse. Which means, if you've built something on @Servo's level (i.e exploiting fairings or using structural panels and such to build the fuselage based on a real-life aircraft), that should be allowed. If it's and original design, I'm not gonna allow that, but maybe @HolidayTheLeek allow it.

Basically to be safe, don't clip the parts that you think is, well, moving. Example, the Goliath engine. You can clip the pylon deep inside the wing, but not partially or fully blocking the bypass duct or the hot stream exhaust on the engine. The same should apply to the Wheesley and every other jet engines, albeit some of them lacking any built-in pylon.

14 hours ago, FahmiRBLX said:

Forgot to mention this, OP said only a maximum of 3 engines fully clipped into each other (i.e that it seems like 1) is allowed, with a reasonable excuse. Which means, if you've built something on @Servo's level (i.e exploiting fairings or using structural panels and such to build the fuselage based on a real-life aircraft), that should be allowed. If it's and original design, I'm not gonna allow that, but maybe @HolidayTheLeek allow it.

Basically to be safe, don't clip the parts that you think is, well, moving. Example, the Goliath engine. You can clip the pylon deep inside the wing, but not partially or fully blocking the bypass duct or the hot stream exhaust on the engine. The same should apply to the Wheesley and every other jet engines, albeit some of them lacking any built-in pylon.

Ah well that's good to keep in mind...

But what I meant by 4 small engines is 4 separate engines, none of them clipped together. Sort of like the Boeing 707 has.

Also could you provide me with what counts as expensive and what should be an ideal price for a Long Range, Medium capacity aircraft?

13 hours ago, Mathrilord said:

And an other family picture!

zlUsXgK.png

They all look rather innovative, especially the one on the far left. It's a very interesting design to say the least.

Sophia Aerospace presents to you the hypersonic plane "Stick"!
hymsPw6.png 
"Stick" is long-haul, low capacity, fairly cheap and fast (even faster than our previous plane!) aircraft.
Did you ever wanted to go around Kerbin in hour? Did you ever wanted to look at super hot plasma and not burn up? Then this is the plane you're looking for! Also this plane has no cockpit, only one tiny camera that was used because of cockpit overheating and design problems.

Cost of the plane is 21,895,000

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PILOTS:
1. Wait until speed of the plane is 80 m/s and then pitch up to 20 degrees.
2. Go to cruise altitude of 25 km and cruise speed of 1500 m/s.

3. If you're having problem with pitching or yawing, turn on the RCS system.
4. If you need to slow down in the air, activate brakes.

CRAFT FILE: https://kerbalx.com/Right-Monolith/Supersonic-plane-Stick

Edit note: this plane was inspired by LoRE HST-3-8 Missile.

Edited by Darkuss
Edit

1 minute ago, Darkuss said:

Dark's aerospace presents to you the hypersonic plane "Stick"!
hymsPw6.png 
"Stick" is long-haul, low capacity, fairly cheap and fast (even faster than our previous plane!) aircraft.
Did you ever wanted to go around Kerbin in hour? Did you ever wanted to look at super hot plasma and not burn up? Then this is the plane you're looking for!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PILOTS:
1. Wait until speed of the plane is 80 m/s and then pitch up to 20 degrees.
2. Go to cruise altitude of 25 km and cruise speed of 1500 m/s.

3. If you're having problem with pitching or yawing, turn on the RCS system.
4. If you need to slow down in the air, activate brakes.

CRAFT FILE: https://kerbalx.com/Right-Monolith/Supersonic-plane-Stick

what on kerbin is this powered by.

Just now, Darkuss said:

ONE RAPIER ENGINE

JUST... JUST ONE?

impossible

My WIP Supersonic can only do about 700 m/s crusing speed at 12,000 on 2/3 Thrust with Afterburners on... on 3 Panthers.

Edited by HyperDraco

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.