HolidayTheLeek

Trans-Kerbin Airways - Regional Jet Challenge 2: Electric Boogaloo

Propfan is a pain

(fake propfan)

using ec produce by jet engine to power ecProp= need to balance speed, altitude, throttle, rotor torque, rotor rpm, blades angle, ec usage, etc

Edited by Mathrilord

10 hours ago, Maxorin said:

Hi I'm gonna shamelessly promote my B-2 Spirit. Airliners are not the only things I make.

A B-2 based airliner wouldn't go amiss, It's for when you need to sneak over russian airspace to save yourself the $200 per seat fee.

KLF E-270 "Dove" - Low Capacity Short-Haul Electric - 48,102,000

iEW9Rea.png

Craft file: https://kerbalx.com/Comte_Snek/KLF-E-270-Dove

PAX: 8

Range: 2200km (Theoretically unlimited if during the day and with large solar panels extended)

Cruising Speed: 133m/s

Cruising Altitude: 2000m - 4000m (Only tested to this,  if going higher than this KLF is not responsible for damages)

With the increased focus on renewable energy KLF introduces the new E-270 built for accessing remote areas using 100% clean energy allowing for access where few other planes go. It can work as an alternative to trains for short flights between cities. It features two electric propeller engines with eight short rotors, to make landings on rough terrain easier and features a rear landing gear to protect the tail during landings on rural runways. Another feature are the extendable solar panels behind the wing which are usable during flight (Although slightly lowering the speed).

Edited by Comte_Snek

19 hours ago, Mathrilord said:

Propfan is a pain

(fake propfan)

using ec produce by jet engine to power ecProp= need to balance speed, altitude, throttle, rotor torque, rotor rpm, blades angle, ec usage, etc

My system actually included Fuel Cells as well, but for now (at least after I've sent my damned laptop for a fix first) I'm working on Fuelcell-less propfans.

EDIT: But still I can say it's rather reliable (and sometimes powerful), almost rivalling that of jet engines, at the cost of complexity and part count.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

i have a plane that can automatically take off, and it looks nice, has a range of over 4000km. when i say it automatically takes off, i mean that it uses the KAL-1000 from breaking ground lol. just the stock game and breaking ground is needed lol

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder