[1.9.X] Special Delivery - Stockalike Cygnus [1.1][20/05/2020]

Beale

Special Delivery

Stockalike Cygnus Spacecraft for Kerbal Space Program

F7TB5P9.jpg

A very small mod adding a bunch of parts to create the Cygnus spacecraft . These parts are KIS compatbile (but it's not a requirement) and can be used to ferry cargo, fuel tanks, and life support tanks, to your space station
The parts available will allow you to create a few versions of the Cygnus, from the very first to the proposed lunar gateway variants.

Download

Download on GitHub

Download on Spacedock

To Install

Merge the GameData folder in the release ZIP with the GameData folder in your KSP installation.
The folder "Delivery" should sit alongside the "Squad" folder.

To Use

Install the mod, type "Cygnus", "Swan", or "Delivery" in the VAB search bar to display parts added by this mod.

Compatibility

Special delivery is compatible with a couple of inventory systems:

• Kerbal Inventory System (KIS)
  • Breaking Ground Expansion

I recommend Restock and Restock+ for the great selection of RCS blocks and docking ports.

This mod is created under the MIT license.

Edited by Beale

14 minutes ago, Barzon said:

Veeeery noice. These will come in handy for my Lunar Gateway replica.
What diameter are the PCM parts, and does this work in 1.8?

1.875m

Should reasonably work back to ksp vers. 1.4.X for now

Edited by Beale

40 minutes ago, Weimaraner said:

Tundra Exploration has basically everything spacex, including dragon and dragon 2.

Sorry, I only use parts if grand master Beale has meticulously constructed it in their 14th dimension realm of modding.

13 hours ago, Drakenex said:

A nice LOP-G HALO

Gdv2sIh.png

This is the dream.

58 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hello Mr Beale ... for the non-KIS among us, is there a chance you'll support the Breaking Ground inventory module in the service module? module module module

I think the cross-section of people who will use mods, but won't use KIS must be very small? Add in Breaking Ground not selling all that well, I think demand for that will be very minimal.

8 minutes ago, Beale said:

I think the cross-section of people who will use mods, but won't use KIS must be very small? Add in Breaking Ground not selling all that well, I think demand for that will be very minimal.

On the other hand, KIS and Breaking Ground use incompatible inventory systems, and while I have plenty of KIS containers, I only have a few awkward Breaking Ground ones.  I'll admit my first thought when looking at this was 'Oh, will this support Breaking Ground?  Oh, just another KIS container - I'll probably pass, I have enough of those parts'.

I don't know how well Breaking Ground is selling, but generally I think it's better regarded by players than Making History was.

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

On the other hand, KIS and Breaking Ground use incompatible inventory systems, and while I have plenty of KIS containers, I only have a few awkward Breaking Ground ones.  I'll admit my first thought when looking at this was 'Oh, will this support Breaking Ground?  Oh, just another KIS container - I'll probably pass, I have enough of those parts'.

I don't know how well Breaking Ground is selling, but generally I think it's better regarded by players than Making History was.

Gotcha, I'll look into it, but I don't have breaking ground myself, so I'm not sure I can really implement it? Worth investigating.

5 minutes ago, Beale said:

so I'm not sure I can really implement it?

I believe something like this would do the trick. Works for me in a custom cfg file.

@PART[cygnus_service_module_s1p5_1]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/Serenity]
{

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleInventoryPart
        InventorySlots = 9
    }

}

edit: not sure if you'd want to NOT out KIS ... I dunno if/how they work when both are installed

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

1 minute ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I believe something like this would do the trick. Works for me in a custom cfg file.

@PART[cygnus_service_module_s1p5_1]:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/Serenity]
{

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleInventoryPart
        InventorySlots = 9
    }

}

Done, it will be in the next release.

Many thanks.

10 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale I love it, outstanding work as ever ! Would it be possible to include Snacks compatibility ?

10 hours ago, Weimaraner said:

Or any life support?

Maybe even Community resource pack?

Worth considering.

Right now though, you could just place a LS canister in the cargo, have a kerbal retrieve it on EVA - then have your engineer bolt it onto the station and pipe it up. Fun and role-playing! :D
As a bonus it's technically compatible with all life-support mods.

Edited by Beale

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.