[1.9.X] Special Delivery - Stockalike Cygnus [1.1][20/05/2020]

Beale

On 5/19/2020 at 6:29 AM, Friznit said:

Here's a very simple MM patch that adds a little bit of ore

Better is coming. ;) I've prepared B9PS, Configurable Containers, and WBI OmniStorage for this mod. My patch adds a part, however, so as not to overlap with the current, KIS-only tank.

Also I gave a fitting palette to the variants strip.

NDsiSvm.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar
variants colors and screenshot

The bottom adapter shown in the pic on the first page appears to be missing.  There's a folder called endcap that doesn't have a cfg, but the folder called adapter does.  Was this on purpose?

EDIT:

And now for a proper launch:

KQNcs9D.pngNOTblUx.pngZm6WZ3X.png

Well, almost proper.  Could have stayed white on the Centaur, and then reduced the fuel load, but hey, it's in space!

Edited by MashAndBangers

On 5/18/2020 at 10:55 PM, curtquarquesso said:

Congrats on proper release!

I don't see the shroud for the SM as a part in the parts list, and it doesn't seem to be working as a built-in shroud, could someone else confirm?

4 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

The bottom adapter shown in the pic on the first page appears to be missing.  There's a folder called endcap that doesn't have a cfg, but the folder called adapter does.  Was this on purpose?

EDIT:

And now for a proper launch:

Well, almost proper.  Could have stayed white on the Centaur, and then reduced the fuel load, but hey, it's in space!

Great images!

Thank you for reporting the issue with the shroud - I have updated.

Special Delivery Version 1.1

- Fixed service module shroud.

Download

Download on GitHub

Download on Spacedock

CvtFlsa.jpg

I've posted my patches for Delivery. Let me know if there are any problems. :)

It doesn't create its own mod folder but a patches folder within Delivery's mod folder. If CKAN guys come knocking I will change this accordingly.

4HqNjbq.png

DOWNLOAD (GitHub)

• Clones the fuselage part and makes a liquid tank version
  • Applies compatibility between B9PS (using SSPXr tank options, also colors these), Configurable Containers, WBI OmniStorage.
  • Colors the stock variant switcher to match the variants themselves.

On 5/22/2020 at 11:15 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

I've posted my patches for Delivery. Let me know if there are any problems. :)

It doesn't create its own mod folder but a patches folder within Delivery's mod folder. If CKAN guys come knocking I will change this accordingly.

4HqNjbq.png

DOWNLOAD (GitHub)

• Clones the fuselage part and makes a liquid tank version
  • Applies compatibility between B9PS (using SSPXr tank options, also colors these), Configurable Containers, WBI OmniStorage.
  • Colors the stock variant switcher to match the variants themselves.

I have noticed that all the B9PS options have very small amounts, for example, the "Ore" option only contains 80 ore, a tenth of the 1.875m restock+ ore tank. Is this intended?

Edited by Weimaraner

2 hours ago, Weimaraner said:

very small amounts

That's intended, yes. B9PS by default allows 20% the amount of Ore for a volume vs most other resources because of how dense it is. With regards to wet mass, it would be OP and you'd have by far an excessive mass of Ore in your craft if its ratio was 100%. When the tank holds other resources, the amounts line up with an FL-T100 or Rockomax X200-8 tank Tweakscaled to 1.875m. The balance of an Ore tank by itself is therefore its own topic of discussion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 7:15 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I've posted my patches for Delivery. Let me know if there are any problems.

Extensively edited after spotting an old reply from you: "That's intended, yes. B9PS by default allows 20% the amount of Ore for a volume vs most other resources because of how dense it is. With regards to wet mass, it would be OP and you'd have by far an excessive mass of Ore in your craft if its ratio was 100%. When the tank holds other resources, the amounts line up with an FL-T100 or Rockomax X200-8 tank Tweakscaled to 1.875m. The balance of an Ore tank by itself is therefore its own topic of discussion."

@JadeOfMaarThank you for the patch :) I can now make prettier resupply vehicles with a single tank style to transport multiple resources. No more Franken-Cygnus with a Delivery inventory container, Restock monoprop tank, and trapezoidal SSPXr material kits. I can now stack your modded tanks and adjust the contents at will.

The balance between B9PS and Configurable Containers seems way off. It's not just with ore. CC stores more than 10 times what B9PS will store. It seems to happen with every resource I checked (I looked at ore, mono, LFO, material kits). B9PS only allows 66 ore while CC allows 837. For material kits it's similar, 330 vs 4300. I can't store monoprop with the B9PS setup, but CC gives more than stock.

B9PS Comments

66 ore feels too low. The much tinier stock 0.625m Radial Holding Tank holds 75 ore. The oddly shaped SSPXr KRDA-O200 Cargo Container is a close-but-smaller size match to the modded Delivery tank, and that holds 190 (but it's a mod and might not be stock-balanced).

Material kits have nothing stock to compare against. Your tank holds 330, the SSPXr tank mentioned above holds 950. I'm a B9PS novice but I wonder if 0ExtraParts.cfg "refVolume = 330" is too low. The SSPXr tank is configured as baseVolume = 950 even though it's smaller than the Delivery tank.

CC Comments

The Configurable Containers popup shows your patched tank with 4.5m^3 total volume. That comes from z_TankProviders.cfg "@Volume *= 0.013717" * the prior 330 volume = 4.5.

It looks like the part is around 1m tall, 1.875m wide, so exterior volume is 2.76m^3. Even 2.76 gives an overpowered result if I allocate that much CC room for monoprop: I get 1015.7 units which is greater than the 750 units in a larger 2.5m stock RCS tank.

Increasing the earlier 330 to "fix" B9PS would make this CC issue worse. Hardcoding 2.76 would still be too much. Maybe CC expects something like interior volume assuming that there are losses for tank wall thickness. I'm testing 2.0 volume and that IMO seems to better balance your CC patch to stock and to SSPXr. It might still be a little too high.

Unrelated possible typo: As I was browsing I spotted the word "Oxidider" in z_TankProviders.cfg. I suppose that could be intentional if some other mod also has it misspelled.

Edited by DeadJohn

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/18/2020 at 5:55 PM, curtquarquesso said:

Congrats on proper release! 

aQpOQ3l.pngquizvq5.png

I don't see the shroud for the SM as a part in the parts list, and it doesn't seem to be working as a built-in shroud, could someone else confirm?

Are those tweak scaled solar panels? i can't seem to find them anywhere, and i think that they are from NF solar.

also, what's the light mod that you have on the craft called?

18 minutes ago, CollectingSP said:

Are those tweak scaled solar panels? i can't seem to find them anywhere, and i think that they are from NF solar.

also, what's the light mod that you have on the craft called?

Yep, solar panels are NF solar panels, tweak-scaled up and clipped into the SM to make them flush.
The lights are Aviation Lights by MoarDV: 

3 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Yep, solar panels are NF solar panels, tweak-scaled up and clipped into the SM to make them flush.
The lights are Aviation Lights by MoarDV: 

Thanks. I’d been looking for the lights, but I couldn’t find them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.