[1.9.x] CollisionFX- ReUpdated -1.1.0 (29th/May/2020)

VoidCosmos

3 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

I feel it is a scatter related problem. It sucks a lot of fps

I don't think its scatterer related, see .log file:

Spoiler

NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.

at CollisionFXReUpdated.CollisionFX.ScrapeParticles (Part part, System.Single speed, UnityEngine.Vector3 contactPoint, System.String colliderName, UnityEngine.GameObject collidedWith) [0x0009c] in <c64ccc682a1741afa69b77e5c836c572>:0

at CollisionFXReUpdated.CollisionFX.Scrape (Part part, UnityEngine.GameObject collidedWith, UnityEngine.Transform collidedWithTransform, UnityEngine.Vector3 position, System.Single relativeVelocity, System.String colliderName, System.Boolean tyreCollision) [0x000b4] in <c64ccc682a1741afa69b77e5c836c572>:0

at CollisionFXReUpdated.CollisionFX.OnCollisionStay (UnityEngine.Collision c) [0x000f0] in <c64ccc682a1741afa69b77e5c836c572>:0

Probably what LGG said.

Edited by ValiZockt

Getting this error

Spoiler

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error        The command "E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\pdb2mdb\pdb2mdb.exe E:\src\CollisionFX\bin\Debug\CollisionFXReUpdated.dll
if not exist "E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated" mkdir "E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\"
if not exist "E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\Plugins" mkdir "E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\Plugins\"
if not exist "E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\Sounds" mkdir "E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\Sounds\"
copy /y E:\src\CollisionFX\bin\Debug\CollisionFX* E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\Plugins 

copy /y E:\src\CollisionFX\settings.cfg E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\
copy /y E:\src\CollisionFX\..\LICENSE E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\
copy /y E:\src\CollisionFX\ModuleManager_CollisionFX.cfg E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\
copy /y E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\Readme_CollisionFX-Updated.txt E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\
copy /y E:\src\CollisionFX\CollisionFX-Updated.version E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\

xcopy /E /I /y "E:\src\CollisionFX\..\Sounds" "E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData\CollisionFXUpdated\Sounds"
xcopy /E /I /y "E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\..\GameData" "E:\src\CollisionFX\..\..\GameData"" exited with code 4.    CollisionFXReUpdated            

Thanks for adopting this one!

Like many others are reporting, I was experiencing HUGE frame lags with this one once the sparks really start going --  When it was initially released/updated (totally redone from the original collisionFX i think) last year, it switched to using the new particle system, and it had the same issues as are being stated now, so it's probably not *just* the 1.9/recompile issues.

I just wanted to report that this mod makes me lose 11% framerate even if my rocket is sitting on the launchpad, connected to launch clamps. The benchmark was consistent. Besides that, it's a nice mod :)

(specs - Intel i5 running at 4.4 GHz, GTX 970, Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, SSD)

Edited by Krzeszny
specs

12 minutes ago, Krzeszny said:

I just wanted to report that this mod makes me lose 11% framerate even if my rocket is sitting on the launchpad, connected to launch clamps. The benchmark was consistent. Besides that, it's a nice mod :)

(specs - Intel i5 running at 4.4 GHz, GTX 970, Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, SSD)

I am working on a fix! Please wait for a while

Man, pizzaoverhead’s mods have always been some of my favourites. This one seems like it’s caused people a lot of trouble to get running, though. Good luck to you with this and I hope to add it to my install soon!

also, this can still add those squeaky-toy sounds to kerbals when they collide in ragdoll, right?

On 5/23/2020 at 1:37 AM, RyanRising said:

Man, pizzaoverhead’s mods have always been some of my favourites. This one seems like it’s caused people a lot of trouble to get running, though. Good luck to you with this and I hope to add it to my install soon!

also, this can still add those squeaky-toy sounds to kerbals when they collide in ragdoll, right?

This the #1 feature for me, honestly. :D I hope it works again.

Edited by Beetlecat

Really pleased to see this mod making a return. 
Yes! the Squeaky toy kerbals! So good.
The other big win with this mod was having tyre squeals when landing....seems that aspect is there, but a little calibration is needed. I don't get any sound as the tyres hit the runway, but then constant tyre squeaks as you're going along the runway until you stop (and it's squeak squeak squeak, rather than a constant squeal). It seems that once a tyre has had an impact it then keeps squeaking, which is also a problem if you have a rover that goes over a jump, from them on it sounds like it badly needs an oil can!
Also, not getting any dust effects....but then that never worked for me in the original mod either.