[1.9.x] CollisionFX- ReUpdated -1.1.0 (29th/May/2020)

VoidCosmos

4 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

I guess it is fixed now.

Yes, and no.

DeltaDizzy did what needed to be done through a PR (PullRequest) via his Fork (a clone of your repository wholly separate for collaboration.)

Now, YOU (as the owner) must merge that request into your repository.

While using this mod I've noticed that collision points will keep glowing after the collision is done (e.g. after decoupling) and seem to move around on the object depending on the camera angle. I even had a Kerbal on EVA with a big glowing spot on his face because he jumped up and clonked his head off the pod I was trying to get him to grab on to, and the glowing spot stayed stationary when I walked him around but moved when I rotated the camera.

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

While using this mod I've noticed that collision points will keep glowing after the collision is done (e.g. after decoupling) and seem to move around on the object depending on the camera angle. I even had a Kerbal on EVA with a big glowing spot on his face because he jumped up and clonked his head off the pod I was trying to get him to grab on to, and the glowing spot stayed stationary when I walked him around but moved when I rotated the camera.

Is this the beta version?

I know I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but tried out the "2.0" beta on KSP 1.10, and got absolutely zero effects on the runway, ground, wheels up/wheels down, etc.

Switching back to 1.1.0 I got effects right away, but they were wildly low-performance, and lingering as Jimmy reported.

I'm running a bunch of mods, so it's not a clean test, but I can strip down to only collisionfx & KSP1.10 to see if that's a specific factor and get some logs if that's helpful.

Edited by Beetlecat

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

I know I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but tried out the "2.0" beta on KSP 1.10, and got absolutely zero effects on the runway, ground, wheels up/wheels down, etc.

Switching back to 1.1.0 I got effects right away, but they were wildly low-performance, and lingering as Jimmy reported.

I'm running a bunch of mods, so it's not a clean test, but I can strip down to only collisionfx & KSP1.10 to see if that's a specific factor and get some logs if that's helpful.

Okay

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 1:42 PM, Beetlecat said:

How did it go?

New benchmark:

CKAN version (1.1.0) lowers my FPS by 7% +/- 1%

Beta 2.0 version lowers my FPS by 3.5% +/- 1%

Tested with my own Mun-rated rocket because I forgot to use a pre-made one.

Edited by Krzeszny
more info

• 6 months later...

Hello! just wanted to add, on KSP 1.11.1 I've tested both the 1.10 and the beta 2.0 versions of the mod; although, not on clean installs, just on my messy main game file. The 1.10 version gives the "notImplementedException" that's been mentioned by others above and, of course, reduces the framerate to 1fps or bellow. The beta version doesn't give any exceptions, but also doesn't appear to work, either-- no sparks or sounds. Thanks for your hard work on this mod and good luck!

• 5 months later...

I tested it in clean 1.12.2 and the CKAN version works without problems, while the Beta version just does nothing.

1.12.3 edit: ok, it's not very optimized. It's not opitimized at all. 2 small parts scraping the ground reduce my FPS from ~60 to ~10 and the sparks go into space:

Edited by Krzeszny

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/7/2021 at 9:57 PM, Krzeszny said:

I tested it in clean 1.12.2 and the CKAN version works without problems, while the Beta version just does nothing.

1.12.3 edit: ok, it's not very optimized. It's not opitimized at all. 2 small parts scraping the ground reduce my FPS from ~60 to ~10 and the sparks go into space:

dammit! i wanted to try it because it looked sick

• 6 months later...