Request for Mod Maintainer/Handoff

3 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

I am not a modeller btw. But I know a trick or two to update the unity version without the .dae files

Ok.  But you can certainly help with the configs.  Currently the parts are set for RO (mostly).  Would be great if, when I'm done with this initial activity, that you could look at the configs and redo them for stock, and also for 2.7 (JNSQ).

15 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.  But you can certainly help with the configs.  Currently the parts are set for RO (mostly).  Would be great if, when I'm done with this initial activity, that you could look at the configs and redo them for stock, and also for 2.7 (JNSQ).

Okay. I will look into them

Ok.  After a lot of work, I have an initial beta available.

Changes

• Added license file
  • Added build scripts
  • Moved source directory up one level
  • Added AssemblyVersion.tt
  • Added InstallChecker.cs
  • Added version file
  • Renamed mod to NeatherdyneMassDriver
  • Replaced all "foreach" statements with more efficient for (i = 0; i < ??.Count(); i++)
  • Added standard Log class
  • Replaced all print with Log.Info
  • Replaced all Debug.Log with Log.Info
  • Added setting to have custom countdown length (1-30 seconds)
  • Added power setting, tied to difficulty.  Normal = 1, easy is 2, harder is < 1, multiplied against the config value
  • Fixed nonsense display of 15 significant digits for the countdown
  • Added on-screen countdown
  • Big cleanup of redundent and repetitive code in ModuleMassAccelerator
  • Changed attach settings so parts don't have surface attach mode

Downloadable here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/NeatherdyneMassDriver/releases

@VoidCosmos Have at it.  For now it's still using the original parts, which is rather inefficent, but I do hope to be able to get some new models soon.

Apparently things moved a lot faster than I anticipated. Anyway, just wanted to mention  that the repository of the Accelerator could be found at https://github.com/sswelm/InterstellarAccelerator . Besides the original code and added functionality to detach its internal node, It includes both old and newer models

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Apparently things moved a lot faster than I anticipated. Anyway, just wanted to mention  that the repository of the Accelerator could be found at https://github.com/sswelm/InterstellarAccelerator . Besides the original code and added functionality to detach its internal node, It includes both old and newer models

Oh, so thats the difference.

@VoidCosmos, good to know, but I’m goind to replace the entire Parts directory with the one from @FreeThinker.
This means that I need to redo the changes I did to the part files.

@FreeThinker I assume the hidden parts are the old ones?

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@FreeThinker I assume the hidden parts are the old ones?

Yes the hidden ones are old config file for the old accelerated which I replaced by a config with tweakscale. The MassDriver folder contains  configs for the new models

7 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes the hidden ones are old config file for the old accelerated which I replaced by a config with tweakscale. The MassDriver folder contains  configs for the new models

Ok,thx

.  Oh.  Does your change REQUIRE Tweakscale for different size part?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

20 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok,thx

.  Oh.  Does your change REQUIRE Tweakscale for different size part?

well yes of course  it does. I also included a tweakscale component which will make the acceleration force (and power consumption) scale with mass.

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:
  • Replaced all "foreach" statements with more efficient for (i = 0; i < ??.Count(); i++)

Does this make any measurable difference?

On 5/14/2020 at 8:30 AM, FreeThinker said:

well yes of course  it does. I also included a tweakscale component which will make the acceleration force (and power consumption) scale with mass.

Does this make any measurable difference?

Each one by itself, no, but all of them put together, yes

On 5/14/2020 at 8:30 AM, FreeThinker said:

Then I think that I will provide a set of configs to provide a set of larger parts, but only if TS is not installed.

I had to make some changes to accomodate the new parts, they are really nice, but are much longer than the original, so the mod wan't doing a good job with them.

Right now I'm wrestling with a really strange problem:

Any ideas?  I need to get this solved.  This is needed to find the closest vessel, needed to arm, but took me a long time to realize I was getting bad data from KSP

On 5/18/2020 at 10:17 PM, Kroslev Kerman said:

I confirmed if you use the 1.7.3 Version it works on 1.9 and it works like a charm idk if theres any glitches i dint notice any while i played with it for a while

The glitch only happens if you launch a vessel from the editor, and the vessel includes both the accelerator and the vessel.  I'll take a look again, but the code for that hasn't really changed much.

I suppose I could release it with some notes, I'll be working on it on Monday evening

• 3 months later...