[1.8.1 - 1.12.x] Bumblebee v0.6

Rodger

I've just made a build guide for anyone who doesn't want to use a craft file:

https://github.com/Rodg88/BumbleBee/wiki/Build-Guide

17 hours ago, catloaf said:

wait, do you put the BumbleBee-master folder in gamedata, or put the mods inside in gamedata

CKAN?

You just want to put the mods from inside the gamedata folder which is in the download (like B9PartSwitch, Bumblebee, CommunityResourcePack etc) into your main gamedata folder.

I also made a simpler to use GitHub release zip instead of needing to use the 'clone or download' button, which also includes the craft file: https://github.com/Rodg88/BumbleBee/releases

And for CKAN, it should be happening soonish. :)

On 5/16/2020 at 1:18 AM, DownHereInChile said:

Love it! I will download it as soon as it shows up on CKAN

On 5/16/2020 at 8:58 PM, Jiraiyah said:

because I can't find this on 1.8.1 game on ckan

On 5/17/2020 at 4:50 AM, catloaf said:

CKAN?

Should be good to go now :)

This update made it so the props do activate on Duna now... But they won't do you much good. ;)

I will probably make a Duna prop, but not sure it'll fit onto the bumblebee core/trusses, as it would need to be bigger

The small single rotor makes a perfect companion to the "L3T Bot" probe core from the Luciole mod by Well. 

Thank you so much for making it... looks awesome.

58480721D164AAB9270F9204E7CB26F93FD24DC4

And using the smallest "Lu3 KED" probe core, double rotor and some antenna for legs produces something that is (almost) flyable on Duna and quite close to the NASA Mars helicopter design...

2F323339D05BCA9D22A4B6491F81BD973AF0D1B4

Edited by gmiddlemass
Retracted my "flyable" statement as it only really skims across the ground rather than flys :( It will however fly with just the probe core and no legs...

While reading the description for the landing skis, it says that it includes sample drills, implying the ability to take surface samples. I went ahead and added the function to take surface samples. If you want, I can send you a copy of the config which includes a surface sample module. 

Pretty sure the licence allows this, as long as I give credit.

Or just copy paste this into the cfg file.

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleScienceExperiment
        experimentID = surfaceSample
        experimentActionName = #autoLOC_502018 //#autoLOC_502018 = Take Surface Sample
        resetActionName = #autoLOC_502049 //#autoLOC_502049 = Discard Data
        reviewActionName = #autoLOC_502204 //#autoLOC_502204 = Review Data
        useStaging = False
        useActionGroups = True
        hideUIwhenUnavailable = False
        xmitDataScalar = 0.5
        dataIsCollectable = True
        collectActionName = #autoLOC_238018 //#autoLOC_238018 = Take Data
        interactionRange = 1.5
        rerunnable = True
        usageReqMaskInternal = 1
        usageReqMaskExternal = 8
    }

5 hours ago, botlivesmatter said:

While reading the description for the landing skis, it says that it includes sample drills, implying the ability to take surface samples. I went ahead and added the function to take surface samples. If you want, I can send you a copy of the config which includes a surface sample module. 

That’s a nice idea, I was kind of thinking about adding DMOS experiments to it, like the X-ray or bio core sample ones, but didn’t think about a stock one lol

It will probably send the curve out of whack, but if you change the 2nd line in the "atmCurve" from

key = 0.4 0.2 1 1.166

to 

key = 0.1 0.2 1 1.166

It will probably work.

Make sure to get both engine modules in each part (the high and low power versions)

Also, a preview of something related:

SsChNSk.png

1.2m Duna-class prop

For all your Duna flight needs:

MxOfwgm.png

z2UbIhx.png

Haven't made any other parts to go with it, like side mount trusses, or a mini probe core, but just need to balance it and it can go in the next release. Probably in the next couple of days.

V0.3 with the Duna Rotor part is out, download in OP.

Changelog:

New dual rotor part for light probes in light atmospheres, based on the NASA Mars Helicopter. Also a long variant of the single truss for the Duna rotor.
Added Surface Sample experiment to the landing skid part (requires the Bumblebee Probe core on the same craft to work)
Minor fixes to other parts

5XVwFxH.png

hamdcj4.png

LnsV7YE.jpg

@Rodger, very impressive work on this mod man, I appreciate the versatility of to probe core to be either a drone body or a rover hahaha.

Would you mind adding a interior decoupler for standard sizes with the Bumblebee aeroshell? like a 1.25-1.875 diameter interior decoupler truss? This would enable making Viking/Phoenix type standard landers very easy to make.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.