Island Attack

i worked on a missile that i fired from the bottom of a rocket but it kept spinning out of control and missing but where it did get on the island it got there in 21 seconds.

can i use multiple radial tanks of 75 ore dropped separately but all landing on the run way as a warhead of 150 ore

Edited by epicfailure2020

15 minutes ago, epicfailure2020 said:

can i use multiple radial tanks of 75 ore dropped separately but all landing on the run way as a warhead of 150 ore

yes

4 minutes ago, epicfailure2020 said:

can the missile on the modern warfare jet be a bomb

yes

Update: sooooo close

ezgif-3-7d37881972af.gif

Here's my official entry - Kold War silo-launched missile attack, mission time 1:43, hit the runway at 399 m/s.  Total mass at launch was about 40 tons including the silo.  I was going to try for a little fancier but @ralanboyle had the same idea & already got his posted.  Should still qualify for No Kill Like Overkill & No Warning.

r2lqtfa.png

Spoiler

cbFpDBJ.png

Missile ejection

sVLwcs6.png

Pitch maneuver complete

6WmQA3i.png

Didn't get any shots of this first stage flight, but here is the terminal dive

r2lqtfa.png

ZTyUuFG.png

TRgIGWR.png

8 hours ago, epicfailure2020 said:

i did the kold war challenge and got Nike Style Extreme Prejudice No Kill Like Overkill 2 Foxtrot No Warning and Carpetbagger.

i did not get that many pictures because it went by so fast and was hard to control. my rocket landed in the water while the three warheads landed on the island. i made it in 27 seconds.

w-opPmkJAsX9jRhjKurEbwkG-e0JCI607_DoGK86MhCCEguoK5pw1kwrFeVeQ2AgmOW8TJW_2ZBw_B-_HONzOsXnwpfd5KXepo1yQ9ph0W1xVQC4L6eg8MXbC2zWeZWKfNd6NXCX

LrEVqz3tqLm8p8GUfGeWV4l1zF-15NQ6YpONfJ4-dQD3MlDSOtDqZIo2N5lwwdjbGbde_9NSKNLW3cg1wDDECLFnJvAlu9fbpcwn3TJSkK4aV5T9s1NG3NBI55tbgHsGJKlYBR69

b3ViS3clVBYN_GkiI5saEnyVcTiAb2dxh-dYPCOtO95UWtxIFNQqtCgfzeGxySHjOzszGbjDAHwwsYcwok46ezNlFdw0DQn-fTpG9DL7zbL3ho4gndk00w4OOuRRzZQj5MP5gaZu

You have a staging event at 0:36 seconds and another at 0:40 but your warheads collide with the island at 0:27? Something's wrong. I strongly suspect the missile took 0:56 to reach the water, and then the ore tanks hit the island at 1:07. What were you doing while the rocket was supposedly sitting on the pad doing nothing for 47 seconds based on the 1:14 revert flight timer?

Edited by Pds314

6 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

Latest attempt below. I got the heading perfectly right but didn't scrub enough altitude.

Ok, that's fast. Really fast. I'd like it if it hit one of the buildings - just to see what happens. I hope that screenshot is taken from a video.

2 hours ago, Pds314 said:

Wow. I did not expect to be beaten by medium motor designs.

Tiny motor designs. Using 24 x EM-16S

12 hours ago, Pds314 said:
21 hours ago, epicfailure2020 said:

i did the kold war challenge and got Nike Style Extreme Prejudice No Kill Like Overkill 2 Foxtrot No Warning and Carpetbagger.

i did not get that many pictures because it went by so fast and was hard to control. my rocket landed in the water while the three warheads landed on the island. i made it in 27 seconds.

w-opPmkJAsX9jRhjKurEbwkG-e0JCI607_DoGK86MhCCEguoK5pw1kwrFeVeQ2AgmOW8TJW_2ZBw_B-_HONzOsXnwpfd5KXepo1yQ9ph0W1xVQC4L6eg8MXbC2zWeZWKfNd6NXCX

LrEVqz3tqLm8p8GUfGeWV4l1zF-15NQ6YpONfJ4-dQD3MlDSOtDqZIo2N5lwwdjbGbde_9NSKNLW3cg1wDDECLFnJvAlu9fbpcwn3TJSkK4aV5T9s1NG3NBI55tbgHsGJKlYBR69

b3ViS3clVBYN_GkiI5saEnyVcTiAb2dxh-dYPCOtO95UWtxIFNQqtCgfzeGxySHjOzszGbjDAHwwsYcwok46ezNlFdw0DQn-fTpG9DL7zbL3ho4gndk00w4OOuRRzZQj5MP5gaZu

You have a staging event at 0:36 seconds and another at 0:40 but your warheads collide with the island at 0:27? Something's wrong. I strongly suspect the missile took 0:56 to reach the water, and then the ore tanks hit the island at 1:07. What were you doing while the rocket was supposedly sitting on the pad doing nothing for 47 seconds based on the 1:14 revert flight timer?

i dont know. i was just looking at the in game timer and it said 27 seconds when i crashed. maybe my game is broken so i will retry the flight.

Just now, epicfailure2020 said:

i dont know. i was just looking at the in game timer and it said 27 seconds when i crashed. maybe my game is broken so i will retry the flight.

I had a similar issue.

what are some mods that are okay? is MRS okay? how about space y or near future launch vehicles and even airplanes plus?

also just saying but there should be a challenge that is the orbital bombardment challenge where you launch a rocket to orbit than launch a payload from that rocket on to the runway.

2 hours ago, epicfailure2020 said:

make one of the parts that impacts the runway the root part of the whole assembly. That way the clock won't restart when you stage. 

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

To guide the missile, can use a kerbal or a flag?

No, but you can hit M for map view, click the island, and select Set Navigation to put a beacon on the navball.

what are some mods that are okay? is MRS okay? how about space y or near future launch vehicles and even airplanes plus?

No, nothing that alters part performance since some of those might not be stock-balanced: e.g., a nosecone w/ ridiculous heat resistance and low drag, or an engine with an ungodly TWR.

also just saying but there should be a challenge that is the orbital bombardment challenge where you launch a rocket to orbit than launch a payload from that rocket on to the runway.

That would be a cool challenge as well but tough to pull off without piloting mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.