[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

Honestly, for me, despite having Restock installed, sometimes the Squad models look better, for example, the "Swivel" in ReStock is just... meh. Some of the other engines are meh. 

Don't get me wrong, ReStock is a good mod, the heat shields, and most other parts are good, it's just that some of them just don't look very... KSP.

1 minute ago, DunaManiac said:

Honestly, for me, despite having Restock installed, sometimes the Squad models look better, for example, the "Swivel" in ReStock is just... meh. Some of the other engines are meh. 

Don't get me wrong, ReStock is a good mod, the heat shields, and most other parts are good, it's just that some of them just don't look very... KSP.

Stock textures master race :wink:

On 6/25/2020 at 7:45 AM, FahmiRBLXian said:

I believe I'm 170cm or something, so 5'5".

EDIT: I haven't checked my height for a long time and I'm getting really close to be taller than my dad. Anyway I'm 61.05kg, or 134.6lbs.

did you not get the joke

also. 
Page 20!

27 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

yeah. The heat shields look great tho. Interior of the Mk1? Nice.

15 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

ok

Let's sing the Wernher von Braun song.

Also @HansonKerman get over here you haven't been here in a while.

hOI! and welcom to da tem shop! thanks much for purchas

8 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Some content has been removed. Please do not mass ping members needlessly and avoid making repetitive posts with huge font sizes.

Sorry about that. Didn’t mean for that to happen, hope it didn’t bother too many people. 

@DunaManiac I totally see your point with the swivel. It’s more so the command pods, parachutes, etc. I really like Squad’s engine models.

Edited by Lewie

1 hour ago, Lewie said:

My folks gave me permission to buy ksp for the pc since it’s on sale!!

can someone give me tips on how to download mods?

Mods eh? When I first tried to download mods, it was sorta confusing, but I got it within 2 weeks or so. Basically, first go to the mod's forum page. If there's a Spacedock or Github option, don't download from Curseforge. Then you'll download a zip file. Extract it, and there should be a folder that says the Mod's name. Now, go into the KSP folder and look for Gamedata. In the Gamedata folder, there should be a folder named Squad. Now open the mod folder. There should be a folder named Gamedata inside the mod folder. Now go inside and put all the contents of the (Mod's) Gamedata folder into your KSP install's Gamedata folder. However, there are also exceptions. There are mods called dependencies that other mods rely on. You only need one dependency per install. However, most mods package the dependencies, so if you already have the dependencies, don't copy them over. Sometimes, there is also a folder named Extras. as its name says, those are extras, and unless you want them, don't copy them over. Usually the mod author will state where the extras go. Ok, is that clear?

3 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Thanks! That’ll really be helpful.

But how do I open the game folder? 

(Sorry, I really have spent most of my gaming career on console)

I think you go into the windows directory. Sorry, I play on a Macbook.

1 hour ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

I think you go into the windows directory. Sorry, I play on a Macbook.

It’s alright. Can I access the folder from the game itself?

Edited by Lewie

1 hour ago, Lewie said:

Thanks! That’ll really be helpful.

But how do I open the game folder? 

(Sorry, I really have spent most of my gaming career on console)

C:\Program Data (X86)\steam\steamapps\Kerbal Space Program

If it is not in Program Data (X86), then it will be in Program Data.

21 minutes ago, Weimaraner said:

C:\Program Data (X86)\steam\steamapps\Kerbal Space Program

If it is not in Program Data (X86), then it will be in Program Data.

How the heck do I find that?

Edited by Lewie

23 minutes ago, Weimaraner said:

Do you use Windows 10?

Yep

4 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

CKAN is definetly your best buddy for mods.

What is CKAN?

Edited by Lewie