[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

14 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Also thinking about whether I should make Bonx's texture (from my planet pack) from a mercury texture, or nebulas stitched together like @Gameslinx does.

What I do is that: (copy pasted from my dev thread)

Step 1. Get a blank page, fill it with a base color, such as orange.

Step 2. Create various patches of variations of the theme color, lighter tones, darker tones, but related to the base color.

Step 3. Now, using the smudge tool on GIMP, blend them together. Don't worry if the patches don't stay where they are, unless that's what you want.

Step 4. Here comes the hard part, you have to make sure the texture is seamless. What I've found is a great tool on GIMP is that in the filters tab, there is an option called Map Object. Remove the grid and set the settings to sphere, and update live. Now, change the Y-axis in the orientation tab and set it to 180. This is essentially what the planet will look like in-game, and don't be worried if there isn't a seamless texture. Don't worry, it might take a while, but eventually it can become seamless.

Step 5: PROFIT!

Step 6: (Optional) Add surface features such as canyons, craters, mountains, and other things

1 hour ago, DunaManiac said:

What I do is that: (copy pasted from my dev thread)

Step 1. Get a blank page, fill it with a base color, such as orange.

Step 2. Create various patches of variations of the theme color, lighter tones, darker tones, but related to the base color.

Step 3. Now, using the smudge tool on GIMP, blend them together. Don't worry if the patches don't stay where they are, unless that's what you want.

Step 4. Here comes the hard part, you have to make sure the texture is seamless. What I've found is a great tool on GIMP is that in the filters tab, there is an option called Map Object. Remove the grid and set the settings to sphere, and update live. Now, change the Y-axis in the orientation tab and set it to 180. This is essentially what the planet will look like in-game, and don't be worried if there isn't a seamless texture. Don't worry, it might take a while, but eventually it can become seamless.

Step 5: PROFIT!

Step 6: (Optional) Add surface features such as canyons, craters, mountains, and other things

Thanks!

57 minutes ago, Commodoregamer118 said:

What should I do in KSP?

SpaceX moon colonization

Making a new aircraft for TKA

Space shuttle flights

Build the Buran

Build a Ekranoplan

Bomb the Island Airfield

SpaceX moon colonization.