[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

37 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

I made some concept artwork for an upcoming planet pack I'm making. The two objects shown here is the icy homeworld Haemon, and it's moon Lune.

p72OIOA.png

Here they are seperately in a Map To Globe Preview.

8EoiGqG.png

qN6O5ol.png

JSN?

21 minutes ago, Souptime said:

JSN?

A new one, actually, JSN is on hold for now.

38 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Is it a Pluto/Charon type system?

Sort of. Haemon/Lune actually orbits around a Brown Dwarf, which in turn orbits around a binary yellow giant and white dwarf.

2 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

A new one, actually, JSN is on hold for now.

Sort of. Haemon/Lune actually orbits around a Brown Dwarf, which in turn orbits around a binary yellow giant and white dwarf.

Oh cool, whats the name?

- 1 Hour ago Nate Simpson said:

I understand the temptation to read into the cadence and content of marketing materials to get some insight about how development is going. I  remember poring over every word that HarvesteR wrote, desperate to know when docking would come online. I was crawling out of my skin, desperate to start working on a proper Grand Tour supership (and of course when docking ports finally came, it was wobble city). I feel your pain.

In the broad strokes, the order in which the video topics are presented was planned out quite a while ago, and those topics were chosen based largely on when each of those areas of the game was expected to cross a threshold of presentability. Many areas of development simply aren't that photogenic until near the end, and any time that we spend making them pretty earlier in the cycle is time we're stealing from elsewhere in the project. 

We have a large and talented team working on all systems in parallel, and there is excellent progress being made in all areas. I'm sure I speak for the engineers in particular when I say that I'm looking forward to watching you play the finished game. We had an internal show and tell yesterday and one thing in particular was so cool that I got slightly choked up.

The game is looking great and it's going to be great. Thanks for hanging in there with us.

Take your time! Remember, slow and steady wins the race. I understand. A high project can sometimes come with some mishaps, delayed, and fights, errors, and unplanned disassembles (wink! ;))

Just don’t be rushed. That all I’m saying and Oo! Keep up the good work! The alpha version looks glorious! Jool came out nice.

8 hours ago,  Master39 said: 

I think players often fail to see the other side of the medal, before all of those things games didn't last for a decade with constant support, fixes, upgrades, new features and so on.

I bet this game will follow the already tried and proofed "Paradox model", extended support paid with a excrementston of DLCs.

Oh. I understand DLCs, but don’t make too many of them. Like I get 5 DLCs. But don’t like say only stock has 30 parts and with DLC you can have all the 50 other parts. I mean. Then a game get disappointing. And also, something DLCs don’t download which can cause a fuss. You know what I mean. Just don’t make it like KSP2 with like an EA game. Please don’t.

7 hours ago,  The Aziz said:

Because, EA - namely, the Sims, base game is so barebones that it even lacks calcium. Hell, it's just a single skull, the rest of the skeleton, muscles, organs and skin are paid dlcs.

Yes. Don’t make this happen. 

8 hours ago,  Master39 said: 

I think players often fail to see the other side of the medal, before all of those things games didn't last for a decade with constant support, fixes, upgrades, new features and so on.

And yes. I look forward to KSP2 updates.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:01 PM,  The Doodling Astronaut said: 

It's a good thing that KSP 2 hasn't been cancelled,

I’m calm.

On 1/14/2021 at 9:19 AM,  Daniel Prates said: 

The pace and content of  the diaries makes me wonder if the main issues aren't being postponed because they still are not quite sure about main conceptual issues, and for the meantime, some budget is allotted to some graphic designer to find out if he can make it easier to 'click' on a kerbal in some novel way.  That, my friends, is the real concern from my part.

This is true. I’m sometimes worry that KSP2 might be going slowly than 2022. That means my console and I won’t see it till 2023. And if later. I don’t know anymore. No offense. I’m having in their.