[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

@Melontime

On 3/3/2021 at 1:08 AM, Souptime said:

i spent oiver 30 minutes on this yall BETTER tak a look at it:https://i.imgur.com/4adB2DL.mp4

I wish we could insert videos for url instead of having to use YT

On 3/3/2021 at 5:44 PM, Souptime said:

@Starhelperdudeas u requested: https://i.imgur.com/iJ40jM9.mp4

idk any stereotypical geman music

mods this is all for fun dont kill me :(((((((

4 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

If you look in the challenges thread you can see my minmus station. 
it is real cool imo 

i had a minmus rocket making base named "Dreamcather", with EL u can literally make free money. save a craft thats really expensive (I.E. USI warp drives) make them and then recover them for infinite funds!

alos its very col and now i sleep soon

23 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Not necessary. Maybe a particular one, too.

as a star wars fan I' deeply offended because you didn't continue the dialog like in star wars 3 (jk)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*hehehe* kill him *magna guard stab swoosh*

26 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

as a star wars fan I' deeply offended

As a star wars fan you should know then, What General is Kenobi?

There are different Generals, is he Brigadier, Major, Leutenant, or which exactly General? Just a Common General?

Also as he is Jedi, maybe he is Jeneral?
Did you actually see his rank written somewhere or just heard it?

Edited by kerbiloid

Liking a different franchise that is not Star Wars, I decided to put this in as filler of some sort.

qwA8lE3.png

Assistance Obtainable Immediately, OrdinaryKerman 2021. Based on images by Gavin Rymill at http://www.themindrobber.co.uk/, original design by Colin Richmond 2004, original original design by Gilbert MacKenzie-Trench 1929.

I also like Trek (more specifically TNG and DSC season 3), but 30's police equipment is easier to model than near-organic ship forms.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
Yes, I know that's 13's TARDIS, but I didn't want to bother with the St. John's Ambulance sticker and thoroughly dislike 9's near-black box.

14 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

proton torpedos are better than photon torpedos

In what way are they better? Photon torpedoes range from ship-size things to tiny ones that can fit on shuttlepods if needed. They can have their blast power varied from 'disable that shuttle' to 'EXTERMINATE'. Photon torpedo casings are also useful for other things, like scientific probes or comms relays or coffins. They can sustain warp when fired at FTL speeds, can be steered without using the Force,  and can deploy themselves to predetermined positions and stay dormant as mines. What can a proton torpedo do? Deliver a small shaped charge in a straight line, hope you hit?

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
I'm not actually angry

1 minute ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

can be steered without using the Force,  and can deploy themselves to predetermined positions and stay dormant as mines. What can a proton torpedo do? Deliver a small explosive in a straight line, hope you hit?

1. proton torpedos can be steered, it's not like luke moved them with the force

2. there are proton bombs

3. they are just other tech, also IMO their name is cooler, its not like the flat pho, it's the hard stony prot, like if you bash your head against a wall or smth., where phot. sounds like the hissing of a cat

also star trek ships are not the most artistically pleasing IMO

14 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

1. proton torpedos can be steered, it's not like luke moved them with the force

2. there are proton bombs

3. they are just other tech, also IMO their name is cooler, its not like the flat pho, it's the hard stony prot, like if you bash your head against a wall or smth., where phot. sounds like the hissing of a cat

also star trek ships are not the most artistically pleasing IMO

1. Only high-end torpedoes had target tracking or advanced thrust vectoring. The one Luke used was definitely Force-steered. I would say that in SW, concussion missiles are a better, more mature technology, they're basically modern cruise missiles. The very maneuverable projectiles fired by droid fighters were concussion missiles.

2. Yes, I know. 

3. That's up to the listener to decide.

4. What? How is a smooth, sculpted shape less aesthetically pleasing than grey pizza with mould on it (Odyssey-class ENT-F vs Imperial II-class Star Destroyer)?

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
I use a mix of UK and US English, so don't mind the inconsistencies.

4. it's always just a disk, pizzas actually have an upside, for example you can use many turbolasers on the hull and all can fire forward, like on the Allegiance-Class Battlecruiser

https://www.google.com/search?q=allegiance+battlecruiser&client=opera-gx&hs=8pt&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwian9TdppnvAhVPO-wKHWxyD-8Q_AUoAXoECBMQAw&biw=1879&bih=939#imgrc=YvPp38nZsmjxnM

22 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

4. it's always just a disk, pizzas actually have an upside, for example you can use many turbolasers on the hull and all can fire forward, like on the Allegiance-Class Battlecruiser

Every wedge ship in Star Wars has had its bulk of weapons on the side or on top, pointing forwards. it's been like that since the first Sith dagger ship in the Old Republic era. At least with a disc, Starfleet ships have a complete firing arc of 360 degrees. Also they didn't forget to put phaser banks and torpedo launchers on the underside and rear.

Every post-2330 Starfleet design has an upper phaser strip wrapping around the saucer, a lower phaser strip also wrapping round the saucer. So at least 2 arrays, each made of hundreds of individual emitters. And they can fire in literally any direction, not just forwards.

22 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

So an oversized Tector? Not the best example of supposed design genius

Edited by OrdinaryKerman