[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

3 hours ago, Stormpilot said:

Here is a random picture of some dachshunds I found on the internet:

75-F6-FE55-85-B4-4-C9-D-B8-C4-C0-E8-B2-B

DACKEL in german

17 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

Oh hey llok nwe page.

Random image:

800px-DF-SC-84-05192_cropped.jpeg

titan 3C fairing :D

Is this a good name for Curiosity's ChemCam:

LAser Spectrography and visual objEct Research CAMera (LaSeRcam)

Or here's a slightly less forced version:
 LAser Spectrography and visual Object Research CAMera LaSORcam

Sorry I could not post a KSP video this week. I was testing my craft and ran out of time. Currently more testing and research is conducted at the KSC to see if my low part count chip to Eeloo can actually make it there are not. I will give more updates soon. Follow me and the forums to see updates and videos. Subscribe to me to see the video when it releases. I plan to do a premiere. 

20 minutes ago, Max von Kerman said:

@Starhelperdude

In an electron-positron annihilation, in what direction are the photons  released? - Physics Stack Exchange

Is this electron vs positron and annilating each other?

yes

2 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Rats, im on the western side of the U.S.

hah, I'm in europe! the nearest launches are super far away in russia!

1 minute ago, Max von Kerman said:

I just launched, docked, resupplied, undocked, and deorbited a progress.

I speedran a Mun landing. It took about 11:45:40 seconds on the MET

3 minutes ago, peridoot said:

bout to launch my own 4 stage sounding rocket!

Watched that, it was cool.

1 minute ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

I speedran a Mun landing. It took about 11:45:40 seconds on the MET

Did the kerbal survive? I once did a mun landing with an electron rocket (MK1 size), a photon and a nfs mun lander (It's MK0 sized!)

5 minutes ago, Max von Kerman said:

I just launched, docked, resupplied, undocked, and deorbited a progress.

you made great progress

hehehe

I like soyuz (the rocket and the spacecraft)

Just now, Max von Kerman said:

Did the kerbal survive? I once did a mun landing with an electron rocket (MK1 size), a photon and a nfs mun lander (It's MK0 sized!)

Yes, it was my normal thing, with three Kerbals, I landed, Planted a Flag, and left.

nice launch NASA! sadly i was juuuust out of range (st.louis) to see it plus its a little stormy here anyway. saw some video though! cant wait to see what NASA releases!

UPDATE 1 on Low Part Count to Eeloo 

After much experimentation and research. Eeloo require a lot of delta v. The biggest burns include the escape, the slow down to Eeloo, landing and take off, and going back to Kerbin. To make my self not worried about this I plan to make sure that in space the rocket has at least 12,000 m/dv. This makes sure I dont panic and freak out when I'm low. I'm not a Kerbal Space Program pro that can do gravity assist at a whim. So the 12,00 m/dv is a good thing so the mission can go well. And if you are asking how many parts well, that depends. I want  lot of xenon gas and electric charge. So l will properly use Z-1k Rechargeable Battery Bank, 2 SP-L 1x6 Photovoltaic Panels, IX-6315 "Dawn" Electric Propulsion System, and PB-X750 Xenon Container. That will be used for the transfer stage. However, I'm scared that the ion stage wont be able to land or take off. So.  I'm going to have to test that.  

The 1st and second stage will be simple. Oh. I forgot to mention. This rocket will have three stages. Possibly four. The second stage will be a nuclear engine with the fuel tank. What sit called again? Oh. Ya. I will use the FL-T200 Fuel Tank or FL-T400 Fuel Tank drained of oxidizer. I'll have to see how far I can push the nuclear engine. 

The list stage will be a solid fuel rocket booster. I might use the S1 SRB-KD25k "Kickback" Solid Fuel Booster. It had about 1,986 m/dv. That was good.  That's it for now though. Bye.