[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

oh yes 420 its the 2nd funny number

Also @Melontime get over here

he doesnt go on the forums much

10 hours ago, Wizard Kerbal said:

I'm watching a subnautica video, and the music they started the video with was the same as the VAB music! I was so confused

Yeah the KSP music is royalty free, some might be original but i know the space and VAB/SPH music is made by kevin macleod i think

A few days ago, the conversation kinda surfaced about the various avatars I have used on this forum. While I do not remember everyone who mentioned my avatars, I do believe that @Spaceman.Spiff and @Dr. Kerbal were a part of it.

Anyhow, after doing some digging, I came up with all the avatars I've used on this forum and the other forums I am a member of. Yes, if you go to the other forums and try and find adsii1970, you'll notice the same avatar. It helps for personal brand identity purposes.

v8MmJPL.png

April 2012 to Great Forum Crash

October 2013 to November 2014

April 2015 to June 2015

This was my first avatar when I joined the forum. It's nothing more than a cropping of my flag I have used since the 0.22 version of Kerbal Space Program. For those that do not recognize the four-pointed star, it is inspired by Wing Commander, the video game and later, full length motion picture.
E5qILkr.png November 2014 to  April 2015 I consider Louisiana as my home. I grew up and went to school literally all over the world. My father was career military, so, Louisiana was the place I lived the longest.
U8xm7BB.gif June 2015 to  September 2015 I'm an historian by trade and am working on a novel. So... I kinda thought this GIF (pronounced 'jiff") was cute and right-click-appropriated it off of the university's library page.
eD34QMi.gif September 2015 to January 2016 It's a post-it note! Who doesn't love post-it notes?
Hyw5mKM.png  January 2016 to September 2016

One of my favorite insects. Now before you tell me it is the caterpillar of a moth, I already know that. On the weekends, when the weather is right (overcast and not raining), I spend my time with my daughter, hiking in the various state and national parks in our area. And each time I find one, I am just as excited as if it were the first I have ever seen. There's something magical about watching an inchworm move.

BvDXwZN.jpg

September 2016 to December 2017

March 2018 to December 2019

February 2020 to November 2020

May 2021 to ---

Another inchworm. Although I did not take this picture, I could have. There have been times we've come out of the woods, gone into the car, and my daughter starts laughing at an inchworm making its way across the upper part of my ear, or bald head. As I often tell her, they like doing what they do.
I1Ar7Z8.jpg January 2018 to March 2018 Ditto. See above.
UrjzqDX.png December 2019 to February 2020 Ditto. See above if you really need an explanation.
sfMDTT0.jpg November 2020 to March 2021 Beaker from The Muppet Show. There are five muppets I absolutely love, he's one of them. Then there's Gonzo, Statler and Waldorf, and of course, the Swedish Chef.
p64h8ki.jpg March 2021 to May 2021 This is Gonzo. He's everything you want to be and everything you are afraid of being - at the same time.

I admit, I change forum avatars often. Sometimes, when I am trying to figure out which one I want to use, I may switch them out once every few hours, days, or a week, at most. I did not include all those on this list. I only listed the ones where they were used at least a month in length. When I change the avatar on one forum, I change it on all three. And because I am a bit on the nerdy side, I have the dates and images I have used as avatars (on an Excel spreadsheet) that go back to before I became a member of this forum (my list goes back to1999, when I joined the Maxis - SimCity official forums).

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

A few days ago, the conversation kinda surfaced about the various avatars I have used on this forum. While I do not remember everyone who mentioned my avatars, I do believe that @Spaceman.Spiff and @Dr. Kerbal were a part of it.

Anyhow, after doing some digging, I came up with all the avatars I've used on this forum and the other forums I am a member of. Yes, if you go to the other forums and try and find adsii1970, you'll notice the same avatar. It helps for personal brand identity purposes.

v8MmJPL.png

April 2012 to Great Forum Crash

October 2013 to November 2014

April 2015 to June 2015

This was my first avatar when I joined the forum. It's nothing more than a cropping of my flag I have used since the 0.22 version of Kerbal Space Program. For those that do not recognize the four-pointed star, it is inspired by Wing Commander, the video game and later, full length motion picture.
E5qILkr.png November 2014 to  April 2015 I consider Louisiana as my home. I grew up and went to school literally all over the world. My father was career military, so, Louisiana was the place I lived the longest.
U8xm7BB.gif June 2015 to  September 2015 I'm an historian by trade and am working on a novel. So... I kinda thought this GIF (pronounced 'jiff") was cute and right-click-appropriated it off of the university's library page.
eD34QMi.gif September 2015 to January 2016 It's a post-it note! Who doesn't love post-it notes?
Hyw5mKM.png  January 2016 to September 2016

One of my favorite insects. Now before you tell me it is the caterpillar of a moth, I already know that. On the weekends, when the weather is right (overcast and not raining), I spend my time with my daughter, hiking in the various state and national parks in our area. And each time I find one, I am just as excited as if it were the first I have ever seen. There's something magical about watching an inchworm move.

BvDXwZN.jpg

September 2016 to December 2017

March 2018 to December 2019

February 2020 to November 2020

May 2021 to ---

Another inchworm. Although I did not take this picture, I could have. There have been times we've come out of the woods, gone into the car, and my daughter starts laughing at an inchworm making its way across the upper part of my ear, or bald head. As I often tell her, they like doing what they do.
I1Ar7Z8.jpg January 2018 to March 2018 Ditto. See above.
UrjzqDX.png December 2019 to February 2020 Ditto. See above if you really need an explanation.
sfMDTT0.jpg November 2020 to March 2021 Beaker from The Muppet Show. There are five muppets I absolutely love, he's one of them. Then there's Gonzo, Statler and Waldorf, and of course, the Swedish Chef.
p64h8ki.jpg March 2021 to May 2021 This is Gonzo. He's everything you want to be and everything you are afraid of being - at the same time.

I admit, I change forum avatars often. Sometimes, when I am trying to figure out which one I want to use, I may switch them out once every few hours, days, or a week, at most. I did not include all those on this list. I only listed the ones where they were used at least a month in length. When I change the avatar on one forum, I change it on all three. And because I am a bit on the nerdy side, I have the dates and images I have used as avatars (on an Excel spreadsheet) that go back to before I became a member of this forum (my list goes back to1999, when I joined the Maxis - SimCity official forums).

I will always imagine you as Beaker

----------------

v7g5HMy.jpg

the most cursed picture I ever posted on the forums

5 hours ago, Souptime said:

a r t

IhuQdI2.png

i did a modern art now give mony

Snls2dp.png

this was for cinco de mayo but i forgot to post is

pls no ban is joeck

si