[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

39 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Is that really a bad thing though? 

(Ugh, this is why I hate conversing in textual format...you can’t say stuff the way you mean it to sound.)

Yeah, but it can get bad. Examples:

"Americans went to the moon, using American design, American spirit, and American people."

Has she heard of Werher Von Braun? He literally designed the Saturn V! Without him, there would probably be no NASA. 

"Americans have the best form of Government."

Has she heard of parliament?

"Americans thought of Democracy."

Just... no.

Also, we could just use the voice channels on discord if you want.... we could use voice filters I guess.

7 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

You know what I hate about some teachers?

It's when they give you work...

IN AN ART CLASS!!!!!

It's art! Not history class!

Art_School.rant ended.

You're supposed to enjoy it.

Spoiler

Hey, you chose art.

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal

51 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

You know what I hate about some teachers

snip

you know history is it's own kind of art. Work is good! Might be tuff but if you where just to lay down on your couch all day you would never get anywhere.

@Misguided_Kerbal I should be able to make it onto discord sometime later today. And by the way...

Each German V2 required 30 tons of potatoes for fuel. Now that’s a lot of Slavness! 

(Yes, I know Germans weren’t slavs. It’s just seems like something that they’d do, y’know?)

Edited by Lewie

10 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Yeah, but it can get bad. Examples:

"Americans went to the moon, using American design, American spirit, and American people."

Has she heard of Werher Von Braun? He literally designed the Saturn V! Without him, there would probably be no NASA. 

"Americans have the best form of Government."

Has she heard of parliament?

"Americans thought of Democracy."

Just... no.

Also, we could just use the voice channels on discord if you want.... we could use voice filters I guess.

You're supposed to enjoy it.

Hide contents

Hey, you chose art.

Actually I didn't. I'm not going back there.... That's what my elementary school art teacher did. (Art was mandatory in my elementary school) and once 5th grade was over I never chose art then, or ever again. 

42 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Hey what would be a good way to get to Duna. Aero braking?

Aerobraking is usually a last hope for my missions whenever I didn't pack enought d/V to circulize and head home.

But if you have to

Try heading to a minimum altitude of around 15 km but best around 20km. Spin your spacecraft to dissipate heat.

3 hours ago, Lewie said:

@Misguided_Kerbal I should be able to make it onto discord sometime later today.

Great, I'll see you on Discord!

54 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Hey what would be a good way to get to Duna. Aero braking?

You're just in luck....

Ol' Misguided's Homemade Duna Trip

Ingredients: Lots of Liquid Fuel, A sprinkle of Monopropellant, 4 Nukes, Loads of Delta-V, Luck

1. Place the LF in a bowl can fuel tank.

2. Add in a sprinkle of Monopropellant

3. Put in 4 nukes and stir.

4. Head to Camelot and gather some luck fruit, chop it up and put in mix.

5. Write the words "Delta-V" on a scrap of paper. We'll need this later.

6. Put mixture in the magic oven in Jeb's Junkyard. Wait until the Kraken appears

7. Offer the mixture to the Kraken. If he accepts, ask him about a magic thing called "The Cheat Menu".

8. If you have obtained The Cheat Menu, press the red button. You will magically teleport to Duna.

9. Do whatever Duna Stuff... oh wait you forgot a space suit.

10. Eat the scrap of paper that says "Delta-v". You will magically teleport back to Kerbin.

11. Wake Up.

14 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Has she heard of Werher Von Braun?

Von Braun used the German spirit and the German oxygen. Where should he buy the American one?

But Saturns didn't use spirit. They used kerolox and hydrolox. Only Redstone did.

Edited by kerbiloid

I have an idea of a KSP movie. Long in the future Kerbals go and find a a new home leaving Kerbin behind and forgetting home. When they look for others planets the discover the Kerbil system again and find their boosters on Kerbin. They investigate and find out that it’s Kerbin, there long gone home. They attempt to research about the KSC and the old KSC. But they come across Jebidaih who tells them that Kerbin is home. And they find more kernels in Kerbin sating the same thing. They leave Kerbin and kerbal start to come back to Kerbin and the Kebol system.

Good story. It about home. That home is home.

9 minutes ago, The_Arcitect said:

New topic:

Do you agree that they need make bases worth the time and effort?

(I know KSP 2 will have a revamped base building system.  But I am talking about for 1.14)

I don't know, but I don't really think they will be making any major systems to Bases. And no, I don't agree. I see bases as I do stations, they are cool, but not much use. The thing is, practically, you can get the same (or more) science for less effort with a station. A base requires more time to set up. Of course, my current save is sandbox, so I have at least 6 stations, and each 'faction' has at least one. However, because bases require much more effort to set up, only the Kerman States have set up a base.