[1.10.1] KK's SpaceX Pack v.6.5 - 01/11/2020

3 hours ago, iHush said:

Hi i got the mod somewhat working it keeps saying that its missing module kosporcessor anyone know a fix?

Mechjeb also dont auto deploy the landing legs for me

Maybe you need to install kos idk, I had never use MechJeb, I land the boosters myself

On 8/2/2020 at 7:53 PM, autistic and ashamed said:

Is anyone else having problems with the fairings violently spinning when using FAR?

Yes I have, I have not been able to recover any because of this. The fairing recovery equipment doesn't work at all as well, KK should have made it an actual parachute, not just something to allow you to nake a fairing act like a plane with wings.

Just now, Spaceman20290 said:

Yes I have, I have not been able to recover any because of this. The fairing recovery equipment doesn't work at all as well, KK should have made it an actual parachute, not just something to allow you to nake a fairing act like a plane with wings.

i tried it and it works since you can land it perfectly, also a parachute would make it fall downwards and not glide onto anything like the ocean

also it can still be recovered which is reuse

2 minutes ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

i tried it and it works since you can land it perfectly, also a parachute would make it fall downwards and not glide onto anything like the ocean

also it can still be recovered which is reuse

@Kraken that doesn't exist I haven't been able to do that, I have tried at least 20 different landing attempts, all of which have failed. I try to land my fairings in the water then fish them out after they land. Every time I try to land, they come in too fast and get destroyed on impact. I don't even use the fairing recovery equipment anymore because it doesn't work for me. I just strap on a heck ton of parachutes instead. If you could release a video showing how you do it that, it would be really appreciated!

1 hour ago, Spaceman20290 said:

I never said this is compatible with FAR, don't complain if it doesn't work perfectly.

As @Kraken that doesn't exist said, making it a parachute would have made it fall straight down so that wasn't really an option.

And you can land it just fine, you simply need to stall it a few meters above ground.

2 hours ago, Spaceman20290 said:

@Kraken that doesn't exist I haven't been able to do that, I have tried at least 20 different landing attempts, all of which have failed. I try to land my fairings in the water then fish them out after they land. Every time I try to land, they come in too fast and get destroyed on impact. I don't even use the fairing recovery equipment anymore because it doesn't work for me. I just strap on a heck ton of parachutes instead. If you could release a video showing how you do it that, it would be really appreciated!

i did it on my first try

1 hour ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I never said this is compatible with FAR, don't complain if it doesn't work perfectly.

As @Kraken that doesn't exist said, making it a parachute would have made it fall straight down so that wasn't really an option.

And you can land it just fine, you simply need to stall it a few meters above ground.

i know how to fly planes properly so i am able to land it i guess, or i could just strap a kerbal on eva on and deploy a parachute

The only issue i have at the moment, is that when i try to use Starlink and the Starlink Sat's,  they dont decouple off of each other and if i go to high with them ( over 4 high  and using struts ) they become very glitchy and unstable.      ( i can provide a video if need be, or on discord  )

Hey @Kartoffelkuchen,

thank you for this cool mod and especially for all the awesome models and textures!

I have actually come to know this mod because of a KSP recording in a video by Scott Manley, featuring a Falcon Heavy model with the same amazingly realistic plumes as the ones shown in your video "SpaceX Dragon2 Mission in KSP with cinematic simulation" linked in your first post (which is why I assume it is this mod Scott was using, even although I am not entirely sure). Now, for me, in an install with only this mod, all the engines have stock plumes. Also, looking at the readme file and the recommended mods, and also scanning over the mods you have listed at the end of the video, I haven't been able to figure out how to get those other amazing plumes. I'm sorry in case I have just overlooked something obvious and in consequence the following is a stupid question - but I wanted to ask, whether it is possible to add these realistic plumes into my game and if yes, how does it work?

On 7/19/2020 at 10:21 AM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

You're using the latest version of this mod with KSP 1.2.2 do I understand that correctly.

Yes  and after i switch scene about 4 tims with kk unchers pack mos game will juat shutdoqn or crash every time! I added ship files i douvle click to load them  it will say  parts missing on falcon 9 it says some lqndinv leg missing and only lwg here is gray and its not working its just when extended it sits on engines ia it to game version?? Ill try get 1.9.1 

On 8/14/2020 at 9:03 PM, Kerbolox said:

I think the engines were actually taken from Tundra because of their nice plumes. :) With the release of the "Waterfall" plugin I might consider making my own custom plumes. I've made a different design decision for my Falcon 9 compared to Tundra, which has all 9 Merlin engines as one part, which allows for the nice plumes, while I decided to model an accurate engine and give the user the freedom over all 9 engines. This wasn't compatible with such nice plumes though, but Waterfall might change that.

16 hours ago, Nooby_dud said:

Yes  and after i switch scene about 4 tims with kk unchers pack mos game will juat shutdoqn or crash every time! I added ship files i douvle click to load them  it will say  parts missing on falcon 9 it says some lqndinv leg missing and only lwg here is gray and its not working its just when extended it sits on engines ia it to game version?? Ill try get 1.9.1 

lol a wonder that the game even boots up. this mod is compatible with KSP 1.10 only. don't complain if you're using it on another version of KSP and it won't load.

5 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I think the engines were actually taken from Tundra because of their nice plumes. :) With the release of the "Waterfall" plugin I might consider making my own custom plumes. I've made a different design decision for my Falcon 9 compared to Tundra, which has all 9 Merlin engines as one part, which allows for the nice plumes, while I decided to model an accurate engine and give the user the freedom over all 9 engines. This wasn't compatible with such nice plumes though, but Waterfall might change that.

lol a wonder that the game even boots up. this mod is compatible with KSP 1.10 only. don't complain if you're using it on another version of KSP and it won't load.

Waiiiiit 1.10 IS NEW GAME VERSION!!!!

Wow how long i wax with out internet ???

On 8/17/2020 at 4:57 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Aaaaahh, I see, many thanks for the hint!

Cool! Waterfall looks really promising to me and I'd love to see it on those Merlins! :D

Hello! Great mod, but for some reason i cant use the fairing recovery system. There is no node to attach it to, am i doing something wrong? How should i attach it to the fairings? No problem at all, except that. i wanted to recreate Starlink 10.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2020 at 5:19 AM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Zv6iuC5.png

This pack provides realistic models of SpaceX's rockets and spacecraft, made for your Stock Kerbal Space Program installation.

• Crew Dragon
  • Starlink Satellite
  • Falcon 9 with parts to make all of its versions: Block 5, Full Thrust, 1.1, 1.0
  • Falcon Heavy
  • Falcon 1
  • Interplanetary Transport System [2016 version]
  • ASDS Droneship "Just Read the Instructions" and "Of Course I Still Love You"
  • Landing Zone 1

You will find all flown Merlin versions (M1Ci, M1C, M1CV, M1D, M1DV and its subsequent upgrades), Raptor and Kestrel, 22 different payload fairing textures from real missions, booster and fairing recovery hardware, different textures for the booster, 4 different textures for Crew Dragon and 2 textures for the drone ship ("Of Course I Still Love You" and "Just Read The Instructions") included.

GvAA2vW.png

Download from Spacedock

Installation

Follow the instructions in the included "readme" file. You can choose to install the parts at their real sizes or at a stock-compatible size (2.5m).

The following mods are recommended to be installed as well:

Note that Module Manager by @sarbian is required to make the rescaled configs and some of the above mentioned mods to work.

Realism Overhaul support is currently pending.

Changelog

Reveal hidden contents

Version 6.4 | July 06 2020

* Fixed Starlink Satellite not loading

Version 6.2 | June 03 2020

* Added top draco thrusters to the Crew Dragon capsule
* Added Crew Dragon Trunk umbilical deploy to AG7 when Animated Decouplers is not installed for all craft files
* Fixed Crew Dragon nosecone deploying with light AG, moved nosecone deploy to AG6 for all craft files
* Fixed FH Decouplers not seperating on AG5 in the craft files
* Fixed trunk and FH booster decouplers seperating on startup
* Removed Animated Decouplers config for the FH decoupler since it works the same way without Animated Decouplers

Version 6.1 | May 26 2020

* Added logos to F9 stage 2 for DM2 mission
* Added extendable docking port and improved the model
* Added docking node size to Crew Dragon docking port description
* Added Abort action group to rescaled F9- and FH Crew Dragon Stack
* Improved F9 Worm texture
* Fixed potential bug on Falcon 9 Block 5 second stage fuel tank
* Added troubleshooting section to the readme file

Version 6.0 | May 17 2020

* Added Crew Dragon with 4 texture variants
* Added Block 5 textures
* Added NASA Worm texture and Used Worm texture
* Added wraparound foil to the Merlin 1D Vacuum Engine
* Added Starlink Satellite
* Added Starlink Satellite dispenser
* Added Starlink Payload Fairing texture
* Added animated Falcon Heavy Booster decoupler
* Added Fairing Recovery Hardware
* Added default action group to F9 Landing Leg
* Added full SAS service level to all command probes
* Added smoke effect to Merlin engines
* Added emissive effect to Merlin vacuum engine
* Added Crew Dragon F9 Stack craft file
* Added Crew Dragon FH Stack craft file
* Added Falcon 9 Block 5 craft file
* Added Falcon 9 1.1 craft file
* Added optional 2.5m rescale config
* New Merlin 1D engine model and textures
* New Used textures
* Moved Falcon 1875mm Payload Adapter to Coupling category
* Fixed M1C flameout
* Fixed ASDS bouncing
* Decreased gimbal range on the engines
* Removed old Merlin sounds

Known Issues

Hide contents
  • Falcon 1 Merlin 1Ci engine shows oxidizer deprived despite full tanks - This will be fixed in the next update! Until then, you can help yourself and open the engine config in "GameData/Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/m1c/M1Ci.cfg" with Editor, then change one of the "node_stack_top" entries to "node_stack_mid", save, and relaunch the game!
  • Crew Dragon and FH decouplers might, under mysterious circumstances, decouple - Still investigating!
  • F9 Landing legs are fragile - Working on it!
  • Crew Dragon IVA is not done yet
  • Falcon 9 second stage has a tendency to flip backwards. Avoid this by choosing a higher trajectory, which generally is a good idea with the Falcon 9 for recovery reasons.
  • Payload fairings don't actually shield the payload
  • Seperating the Starlink satellites when using the F9 Starlink Stack craft sometimes might seriously impact your fps. No idea why this happens yet!
  • The fairing recovery hardware implementation is a bit sketchy but works for now
  • Parts are not balanced for the Career Techtree. Anyone wanting to help out is welcome!

Media

Hide contents

Oh1NHKr.png

yLOr768.png

GsHgjmC.jpg

Media featuring older versions of this mod

All rights reserved.

The mod is not working!!! Except Falcon 9 demo and Falcon 1 no rockets are working, nor the parts are available. Can someone please suggest what to do?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.