[1.10.1] KK's SpaceX Pack v.6.5 - 01/11/2020

Zv6iuC5.png

This pack provides realistic models of SpaceX's rockets and spacecraft, made for your Stock Kerbal Space Program installation.

• Crew Dragon
  • Cargo Dragon 2
  • Starlink Satellite
  • Falcon 9 with parts to make all of its versions: Block 5, Full Thrust, 1.1, 1.0
  • Falcon Heavy
  • Falcon 1
  • Interplanetary Transport System [2016 version]
  • ASDS Droneship "Just Read the Instructions" and "Of Course I Still Love You"
  • Landing Zone 1

You will find all flown Merlin versions (M1Ci, M1C, M1CV, M1D, M1DV and its subsequent upgrades), Raptor and Kestrel, 22 different payload fairing textures from real missions, booster and fairing recovery hardware, different textures for the booster, 4 different textures for Crew Dragon and 2 textures for the drone ship ("Of Course I Still Love You" and "Just Read The Instructions") included.

GvAA2vW.png

Download from Spacedock

Realism Overhaul Configs [WIP] by @pmborg

Installation

Follow the instructions in the included "readme" file. You can choose to install the parts at their real sizes or at a stock-compatible size (2.5m).

The following mods are recommended to be installed as well:

Note that Module Manager by @sarbian is required to make the rescaled configs and some of the above mentioned mods to work.

Changelog

Spoiler

Version 6.5 | November 01 2020

* Added Cargo Dragon 2
Improved efficiency on Crew Dragon Draco RCS thrusters
* Fixed CoM on F9 Stage 2

Version 6.4 | July 06 2020

* Fixed Starlink Satellite not loading

Version 6.2 | June 03 2020

* Added top draco thrusters to the Crew Dragon capsule
* Added Crew Dragon Trunk umbilical deploy to AG7 when Animated Decouplers is not installed for all craft files
* Fixed Crew Dragon nosecone deploying with light AG, moved nosecone deploy to AG6 for all craft files
* Fixed FH Decouplers not seperating on AG5 in the craft files
* Fixed trunk and FH booster decouplers seperating on startup
* Removed Animated Decouplers config for the FH decoupler since it works the same way without Animated Decouplers

Version 6.1 | May 26 2020

* Added logos to F9 stage 2 for DM2 mission
* Added extendable docking port and improved the model
* Added docking node size to Crew Dragon docking port description
* Added Abort action group to rescaled F9- and FH Crew Dragon Stack
* Improved F9 Worm texture
* Fixed potential bug on Falcon 9 Block 5 second stage fuel tank
* Added troubleshooting section to the readme file

Version 6.0 | May 17 2020

* Added Crew Dragon with 4 texture variants
* Added Block 5 textures
* Added NASA Worm texture and Used Worm texture
* Added wraparound foil to the Merlin 1D Vacuum Engine
* Added Starlink Satellite
* Added Starlink Satellite dispenser
* Added Starlink Payload Fairing texture
* Added animated Falcon Heavy Booster decoupler
* Added Fairing Recovery Hardware
* Added default action group to F9 Landing Leg
* Added full SAS service level to all command probes
* Added smoke effect to Merlin engines
* Added emissive effect to Merlin vacuum engine
* Added Crew Dragon F9 Stack craft file
* Added Crew Dragon FH Stack craft file
* Added Falcon 9 Block 5 craft file
* Added Falcon 9 1.1 craft file
* Added optional 2.5m rescale config
* New Merlin 1D engine model and textures
* New Used textures
* Moved Falcon 1875mm Payload Adapter to Coupling category
* Fixed M1C flameout
* Fixed ASDS bouncing
* Decreased gimbal range on the engines
* Removed old Merlin sounds

Known Issues

Spoiler
  • Falcon 1 Merlin 1Ci engine shows oxidizer deprived despite full tanks - This will be fixed in the next update! Until then, you can help yourself and open the engine config in "GameData/Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/m1c/M1Ci.cfg" with Editor, then change one of the "node_stack_top" entries to "node_stack_mid", save, and relaunch the game!
  • Crew Dragon and FH decouplers might, under mysterious circumstances, decouple - Still investigating!
  • F9 Landing legs are fragile - Working on it!
  • Crew Dragon IVA is not done yet
  • Falcon 9 second stage has a tendency to flip backwards. Avoid this by choosing a higher trajectory, which generally is a good idea with the Falcon 9 for recovery reasons.
  • Payload fairings don't actually shield the payload
  • Seperating the Starlink satellites when using the F9 Starlink Stack craft sometimes might seriously impact your fps. No idea why this happens yet!
  • The fairing recovery hardware implementation is a bit sketchy but works for now
  • Parts are not balanced for the Career Techtree. Anyone wanting to help out is welcome!

Media

Spoiler

Oh1NHKr.png

yLOr768.png

GsHgjmC.jpg

Media featuring older versions of this mod

All rights reserved.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen
Updated

Hey all,

I can't seem to install the mod properly. I followed the readme instructions perfectly and all that's available is the F9 Demo parts. Everything else is hidden or doesn't exist. I installed the mod off of https://spacedock.info/mod/269/SpaceX Launch Vehicles?ga=+3102+'kerbal+space+program'> and I am on version 1.9.1. while running KSP through Steam. I don't understand why I am the only one affected. Can someone offer me assistance?

Thanks,

Alex

12 hours ago, JustCreepo said:

Can you fix the link on CKAN? Trying to go to this forum brings you to your delta / atlas pack

Thank You, this should be fixed now.

11 hours ago, Get Rice said:

Hey all,

I can't seem to install the mod properly. I followed the readme instructions perfectly and all that's available is the F9 Demo parts. Everything else is hidden or doesn't exist. I installed the mod off of https://spacedock.info/mod/269/SpaceX Launch Vehicles?ga=+3102+'kerbal+space+program'> and I am on version 1.9.1. while running KSP through Steam. I don't understand why I am the only one affected. Can someone offer me assistance?

Thanks,

Alex

Hey Alex, I'm sorry to hear that. In your KSP/GameData folder, are there the two "Kartoffelkuchen" and "Launchers Pack" folders? If the mods folder architecture is changed, all parts except for the F9demo parts and some single parts will not load, so I think there is an issue with your installation. If the problem persists, please share a screenshot of your GameData folder.

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Kartoffelkuchen Wow! This looks amazing! Are the parts balanced for stock scale, or 2.5x?

Thank You! The parts are balanced for stock scale, though a 2.5x (or 2.7x JNSQ) config might be included in a future update. :)

3 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

Can you switch with the clean and sooty textures in-flight?

Unfortunately no, the stock texture variant implementation currently does not support this and I decided not to depend on any other mod or plugin. You could easily make a ModuleManager patch though, replacing the stock module with firespitter's FStextureswitch2, that one does allow in-flight switching. I might include one in the next update myself.

16 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Unfortunately no, the stock texture variant implementation currently does not support this and I decided not to depend on any other mod or plugin. You could easily make a ModuleManager patch though, replacing the stock module with firespitter's FStextureswitch2, that one does allow in-flight switching. I might include one in the next update myself.

How about B9 Part Switch?

49 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Thank You! The parts are balanced for stock scale, though a 2.5x (or 2.7x JNSQ) config might be included in a future update. 

Thanks :) I was wondering about that because a lot of mods seem to be balanced for 2.5x and I don't really want to have to handle an outdated version of the game to run Kopernicus and a whole bunch of system rescale mods just to play with properly balanced parts.

A couple more questions from me:

- Do you ever plan to add Real Plume support?

- Do you think you'll add more parts (e.g, the latest incarnation of Starship), or is this mod purely in maintenance mode?

OK, I'll shut up now. I do like a good SpaceX mod, keep up the good work!

Edited by RealKerbal3x

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Do you ever plan to add Real Plume support?

Yes. Actually planned to include it, but it requires lots of time to set up (I need to install an older version of Unity for it as well), and I decided to release it as it is for now. 

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Do you think you'll add more parts (e.g, the latest incarnation of Starship), or is this mod purely in maintenance mode?

What makes you think this is in maintenance mode? 

I won't invest much time working on Starship, not until we see a more stable design. No point in spending many hours trying to get it right, only to be surprised with a full redesign the next day. :P

For now the Raptors I have are a solid start. We'll see how I build on that. :)

25 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Yes. Actually planned to include it, but it requires lots of time to set up (I need to install an older version of Unity for it as well), and I decided to release it as it is for now. 

What makes you think this is in maintenance mode? 

I won't invest much time working on Starship, not until we see a more stable design. No point in spending many hours trying to get it right, only to be surprised with a full redesign the next day. :P

For now the Raptors I have are a solid start. We'll see how I build on that. :)

This is complete speculation, but this year's Starship redesign might just focus on SuperHeavy. SpaceX is planning to just change the leg design on SH

Very nice update, thank you! I am wondering though, I am using the config to stock size and I have the impression the rockets are a bit underpowered, especially the empty Falcon-Heavy with around 6500 dv, while the Tundra Heavy has like 8500 dv. Is Tundra just overpowered or maybe I am just used to overpowered stock rockets? :D

Edited by hendrack

42 minutes ago, hendrack said:

Very nice update, thank you! I am wondering though, I am using the config to stock size and I have the impression the rockets are a bit underpowered, especially the empty Falcon-Heavy with around 6500 dv, while the Tundra Heavy has like 8500 dv. Is Tundra just overpowered or maybe I am just used to overpowered stock rockets? :D

Tundra is overpowered for stock scale, it's designed for 2.5x/2.7x systems. You're probably just used to overpowered stock rockets.

13 hours ago, alberro+ said:

This is complete speculation, but this year's Starship redesign might just focus on SuperHeavy. SpaceX is planning to just change the leg design on SH

Tbh I’m not investing any time in my own Starship too because they just keep changing stuff. I rather spend the time in updating my models a bit for F9/Dragon.

17 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I don’t know how @DMagic feels about it but I wouldn’t mind if you took a peek at the plugin we made to “fade” the soot texture on the rocket. It really is a nice addition! Should be on my github.

But all in all, congrats on the release!

Edited by damonvv

16 minutes ago, damonvv said:

I don’t know how @DMagic feels about it but I wouldn’t mind if you took a peek at the plugin we made to “fade” the soot texture on the rocket. It really is a nice addition! Should be on my github.

You read my mind :wink: I was just about to tell KK to ask you/ DMagic

@damonvv Would be awesome if I could use that as well! I'll check it out. :)

2 hours ago, feluxution said:

it tells me that parts are missing. for example the payloadmadapter, some tank parts, engine section and stuff. i reinstalled it several time and stuff but nothing works. its always the same issue

Sorry to hear that!

In your KSP/GameData folder, are there the two "Kartoffelkuchen" and "Launchers Pack" folders? If the mods folder architecture is changed, all parts except for the F9demo parts and some single parts will not load, so I think there is an issue with your installation. If the problem persists, please share ascreenshot of your GameData folder.

1 minute ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Sorry to hear that!

In your KSP/GameData folder, are there the two "Kartoffelkuchen" and "Launchers Pack" folders? If the mods folder architecture is changed, all parts except for the F9demo parts and some single parts will not load, so I think there is an issue with your installation. If the problem persists, please share ascreenshot of your GameData folder.

turned out my steam messed up my ksp files and had 2 save locations and apparently i put it in the wrong one. everything works now

27 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@damonvv Would be awesome if I could use that as well! I'll check it out. :)

Sorry to hear that!

I get the same problem. But, there's a twist in the craft files, the tanks load currently, but the don't show up in the tank category

Edited by VoidCosmos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.