[1.10.1] KK's SpaceX Pack v.6.5 - 01/11/2020

12 minutes ago, sciencepanda said:

I've got to say, seriously love this update. However, one small request: would it be possible to make the Dragon docking ring retractable?

Speaking of which, is the ring compatible with other docking ports?

I have been having some major issues getting the Falcon 9 to orbit. The merlin vaccuum engine does not seem to be powerful enough to get me to orbit because I am constantly falling back into the atmosphere. When I pitch up to avoid this, I end up running out of fuel and not making orbit. How do I fly this thing correctly? My payload is 60 starlink satellites in the stock version of KSP.

5 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Just wanted to ask, Is this scaled for stock, or can I use it with JNSQ?

Hide contents

If it isn't for JNSQ, Could we please get some configs? Thanks!

Literally the first sentence

This pack provides realistic models of SpaceX's rockets and spacecraft, made for your Stock Kerbal Space Program installation.

I'd appreciate any help with configs, if you decide to do some for JNSQ you can share them and I include them in the next update. :)

5 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

I get the same problem. But, there's a twist in the craft files, the tanks load currently, but the don't show up in the tank category

Did you sort that out already?

5 hours ago, sciencepanda said:

I've got to say, seriously love this update. However, one small request: would it be possible to make the Dragon docking ring retractable?

Thanks! :)  Yes, I'll add that, good point. @alberro+ The default size ring is node1 compatible, the rescaled one node0.

@Spaceman20290 The Starlink payload is quite heavy, so you want to  aim for a high initial trajectory to give you a high apoapsis (say, 30deg pitch at 10km) and then start turning over more aggressively to build up horizontal velocity. A RTLS will not be possible, so you can burn the booster down to like 1500 units of fuel or less (default-size version) and then pitch S2 in a way that when you are at apoapsis, you have established orbit. I usually aim for a 90km orbit, you might go as high as 120km. Also depends if you're using the rescale config, are you using the default-scale or stock-scaled version?

@VoidCosmos I'm afraid it must have something to do with your installation. Maybe another mod is interfering in a weird way, but if the parts load, there's no way they won't show in the correct category. Please reinstall the mod again. You'll need to provide a screenshot of your GameData folder if the problem persists.

1 minute ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@VoidCosmos I'm afraid it must have something to do with your installation. Maybe another mod is interfering in a weird way, but if the parts load, there's no way they won't show in the correct category. Please reinstall the mod again. You'll need to provide a screenshot of your GameData folder if the problem persists.

Okay. 

Does Tundra Exploration cause any conflicts?

6 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

Re-installing now

Maybe a CKAN issue? I installed manually because ckan doesnt offer the stock rescale config.

Edit: I only used the craft files myself, now it comes to my mind I was searching for the tanks myself yesterday before Ive gone to sleep. Ill investigate later.

Edited by hendrack

1 hour ago, hendrack said:

Maybe a CKAN issue? I installed manually because ckan doesnt offer the stock rescale config.

Edit: I only used the craft files myself, now it comes to my mind I was searching for the tanks myself yesterday before Ive gone to sleep. Ill investigate later.

I didn't use CKAN this time

21 hours ago, msp307 said:

I did it with ckan, but for example the new aluminum panel or the payload parachutes are available.

You need to download the mod off of Space Dock for now, I had the same issue you did. For some reason CKAN will not install the mod right.

On 5/17/2020 at 10:12 AM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Thank You, this should be fixed now.

Hey Alex, I'm sorry to hear that. In your KSP/GameData folder, are there the two "Kartoffelkuchen" and "Launchers Pack" folders? If the mods folder architecture is changed, all parts except for the F9demo parts and some single parts will not load, so I think there is an issue with your installation. If the problem persists, please share a screenshot of your GameData folder.

Thank You! The parts are balanced for stock scale, though a 2.5x (or 2.7x JNSQ) config might be included in a future update. :)

Unfortunately no, the stock texture variant implementation currently does not support this and I decided not to depend on any other mod or plugin. You could easily make a ModuleManager patch though, replacing the stock module with firespitter's FStextureswitch2, that one does allow in-flight switching. I might include one in the next update myself.

I get the same problem, the only parts that appear are the F9 Demo and some F1 parts. When I install it, my game data folder only shows one  "Kartoffelkuchen" and one "Launchers Pack" folders. 

Is there something we can do about it?

@Kartoffelkuchen sorry to bother you again and be a pain, but I am having major issues with this mod. The dragon main parachutes only slow down the dragon to 20 m/s causing the heatshield to be destroyed. Then the Dragon bounces around endlessly in the water. The fairing parachute also does not work right, when I deploy the parafoil, the fairing starts rapidly spinning out of control. From the tests I have conducted without spinning, I gain a bunch of horizontal velocity and crash into the ground when I try to land. Please fix!

Also this kind of reminds me when SpaceX had problems with their dragon parachutes in the past how funny! Just for reference, but also great mod. Last thing, the block 4/full thrust texture for falcon 9 is missing.

Edited by Spaceman20290

Just now, Spaceman20290 said:

@Kartoffelkuchen sorry to bother you again and be a pain, but I am having major issues with this mod. The dragon main parachutes only slow down the dragon to 20 m/s causing the heatshield to be destroyed. Then the Dragon bounces around endlessly in the water. The fairing parachute also does not work right, when I deploy the parafoil, the fairing starts rapidly spinning out of control. From the tests I have conducted without spinning, I gain a bunch of horizontal velocity and crash into the ground when I try to land. Please fix!

Parachutes work fine for me, dunno what could be the issue. Maybe too much wait.

Thanks for the answer, who can read is clearly at an advantage.

But now I have another problem, the decoupler for the spaceship is triggered at startup, and the decoupler for the booster FH does not trigger at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.