[1.10.1] KK's SpaceX Pack v.6.5 - 01/11/2020

Hey @Kartoffelkuchen absolutely stunning mod. Been playing since the 1.2.1 release I believe and have been absolutely loving it. A few requests from me to you (just asking, no intention of pressuring for you to make). Is it possible that you can add the landing legs V2.0? Also is it possible that you can update the Falcon Heavy booster hydraulic separator model (By this I mean that the bottom doesn't have the 2 pushers and the top doesn't have the center load "spreader" seen below)? Also, is there a way to group the Merlin engines in the octaweb into one part (inst an addition request just a question)? All 27 individual engines running at once is causing me massive amounts of lag when I try to launch a Falcon Heavy. If any are implemented that would be amazing. Thanks for making probably the best mod for KSP!!!Oli Braun on Twitter: "Falcon Heavy up close and personal ;)… "

Top center separator or Load spreader seen in this picture in between the the to hydraulic arms connecting the center core two the side boosters.

Elon Musk shares new photos of Falcon Heavy Rocket - UPI.com

In these 2 pictures you can see the bottom separators connected on the octawebs.

Thanks to Oli Bruan for the Models in the picture that I used here.

Edited by JacobPF9
Pictures and clarification

15 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I thought I had fixed this! Sorry, must have forgotton to update the file. Until the next update, you can help yourself and open the engine config in "GameData/Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/m1c/M1Ci.cfg" with Editor, then change one of the "node_stack_top" entries to "node_stack_mid", save, and relaunch the game!

I've also updated the OP's "Known Issues" section.

@M4GiC Great to hear from you again! :)

@chefcookinupadub @TheModfather Glad you like it! Yes indeed, the legs are fragile, though I never really ran into too big of an issue with them, as long as the touchdownspeed was <2m/s and no horizontal velocity left. I'll try to update them!

@Synthiex Sorry to hear that you're having issues. If you go into your KSP main folder, then into GameData, you need to have at least 3 folders in there, "Launchers Pack", "Kartoffelkuchen", and probably your "Squad" folder. Can you confirm that? If the problem persists, please share a screenshot of your GameData folder. :)

@Kartoffelkuchen I have changed the center entry to mid and it works as designed thanks again

Hey I've been having some problems attaching the crew dragon to the trunk. Every time I try to attach them the crew dragon falls through the trunk and explodes! Am I doing something wrong?

video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i96NyftR8-4SK1jLhFNIQzq-itC1Da9A/view?usp=sharing

Edited by B Parsons

@Schu The current version should work in 1.8.1 as well. As for RO support, I don't know. It's best to ask over in the RO thread since I'm not a RO user.

@JacobPF9 That's awesome to hear, thanks! I thought the legs  I had were already quite close to the legs v2 lol but I'll see. FH decoupler: yes, will update that. Oh, didn't know that having these engines seperate would have such a big performance impact. Ok, I might consider grouping them, maybe into three engines per core (6 outer engines, 2 boostback, 1 landing engine), since I don't like to use engine modes like Tundra does for example. Guess that'd already make a difference?

@B Parsons Hey, welcome to the forums! Unfortunately, this is a bug many people have encountered already. It is very hard for me to find out the cause for this bug, though your video does help, so thank you for that. I'm doing my best to fix it as soon as possible!

@ProPlayer_65437 If you're using an earlier KSP version instead of 1.9.1, you need to change the "version = 1.9.1" entry in the craft files to your KSP version, like "version = 1.8.1" if using KSP 1.8.1.

12 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

That's awesome to hear, thanks! I thought the legs  I had were already quite close to the legs v2 lol but I'll see

Unless it's changed recently, the legs you have are you just block 4 legs with a black texture. The block 5 legs have a different shape, lacking the spikes on the sides, and being fatter at the top. It also doesn't leave a bit of the top of the leg connected to the booster, so the entire leg comes down now.

You can kinda see the difference here:

wwc0c4fuett11.jpgb12f69e53e0e46c28c4c8004201a8f50.jpg

@Kartoffelkuchen, I have a few requests to ask for the next couple of updates. May you please make some new textures for the block 5 Falcon heavy please? Right now all we have are the old full thrust textures and Falcon 9 textures to use, it would be really nice to have some new ones. SpaceX Falcon Heavy rockets into history and nails the landing - CNET

It was also said that SpaceX is working on a larger fairing size for Falcon 9 and Heavy, may you please put this in as well if you get the chance?

Next, I keep having the Falcon second stage flip even when flying higher trajectories, please fix!

Last thing, I promise. I was wondering if you could change the Fairing parafoil to be an actual parachute system please. I have had problems with this thing every step of the way and have not been able to land it at all, even with mechjeb in control of landing. Yes I know I can just slap parachutes onto the fairing its self, but that adds mass and decreases payload capacity :/

Sorry to be so demanding, thanks snd take care.

Edited by Spaceman20290

20 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

That's awesome to hear, thanks! I thought the legs  I had were already quite close to the legs v2 lol but I'll see. FH decoupler: yes, will update that. Oh, didn't know that having these engines seperate would have such a big performance impact. Ok, I might consider grouping them, maybe into three engines per core (6 outer engines, 2 boostback, 1 landing engine), since I don't like to use engine modes like Tundra does for example. Guess that'd already make a difference?

@Kartoffelkuchen  Absolutely amazing and wonderful to hear. You sir, are by far the best. Thanks!

On 5/16/2020 at 10:59 PM, Get Rice said:

Hey all,

I can't seem to install the mod properly. I followed the readme instructions perfectly and all that's available is the F9 Demo parts. Everything else is hidden or doesn't exist. I installed the mod off of https://spacedock.info/mod/269/SpaceX Launch Vehicles?ga=+3102+'kerbal+space+program'> and I am on version 1.9.1. while running KSP through Steam. I don't understand why I am the only one affected. Can someone offer me assistance?

Thanks,

Alex

i have the same problem please help

On 6/10/2020 at 6:05 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

The current version should work in 1.8.1 as well. As for RO support, I don't know. It's best to ask over in the RO thread since I'm not a RO user.

Over the next few weeks I will see if I can start putting some RO Configs together.

Hello, first great work....

I have a Problem: Model load error in 'E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kartoffelkuchen\KK_SpXCD\KK_SpXCD_trunk.mu' .....

could it be a problem, because i try to use your mod on KSP 1.4.5? i play only Sandbox and mostly on KSP 1.4.5

as i see the docking port has the same problem....

all other Parts from Crew Dragon have no loading errors.... all other parts are in the tech tree

any infos about that problem?

greetings :)

Edited by YourAgony

On 6/10/2020 at 8:05 AM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@Schu The current version should work in 1.8.1 as well. As for RO support, I don't know. It's best to ask over in the RO thread since I'm not a RO user.

@JacobPF9 That's awesome to hear, thanks! I thought the legs  I had were already quite close to the legs v2 lol but I'll see. FH decoupler: yes, will update that. Oh, didn't know that having these engines seperate would have such a big performance impact. Ok, I might consider grouping them, maybe into three engines per core (6 outer engines, 2 boostback, 1 landing engine), since I don't like to use engine modes like Tundra does for example. Guess that'd already make a difference?

@B Parsons Hey, welcome to the forums! Unfortunately, this is a bug many people have encountered already. It is very hard for me to find out the cause for this bug, though your video does help, so thank you for that. I'm doing my best to fix it as soon as possible!

@ProPlayer_65437 If you're using an earlier KSP version instead of 1.9.1, you need to change the "version = 1.9.1" entry in the craft files to your KSP version, like "version = 1.8.1" if using KSP 1.8.1.

Hi there!

The Dragon docking port is compatible with which stock docking port of KSP? Or it isn`t?

Thank you

15 hours ago, YourAgony said:

could it be a problem, because i try to use your mod on KSP 1.4.5? i play only Sandbox and mostly on KSP 1.4.5

Oh wow KSP 1.4.5.. that's a looong while ago. :P I'm afraid you will have to figure this out on your own..

12 hours ago, skzbr said:

The Dragon docking port is compatible with which stock docking port of KSP? Or it isn`t?

You should find that info in the part description if you have the latest update installed. Size 1 for the non-rescaled version and size2 for the 2.5m one.

8 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Is it possible to increase the power of the fairing decouplers they barely clear the craft and when you look at the real ones they go a fair distance from the ship

Yea

hey @Kartoffelkuchen i have an idea, either make a new mod for the SpaceX recovery ships or make a new version for the SpaceX recovery ships

and if you make the new mod, you need to credit me for the idea

oh and recovery ships as in the fairing recovery ships and the Dragon recovery ships, oh yeah that reminded me you should add a real Dragon 1 too

On 6/11/2020 at 12:30 AM, DylanSemrau said:

Unless it's changed recently, the legs you have are you just block 4 legs with a black texture. The block 5 legs have a different shape, lacking the spikes on the sides, and being fatter at the top. It also doesn't leave a bit of the top of the leg connected to the booster, so the entire leg comes down now.

You can kinda see the difference here:

wwc0c4fuett11.jpgb12f69e53e0e46c28c4c8004201a8f50.jpg

just use kerbal reusability expansion for the legs, i also find it easier to use KRE grid fins for the booster

Really good mod, Very nice, Also I don't know if this is anything concerning you but for one of the extras if you branch all the way down the dependancies you can't download it, Can't figure out which (Sorry If It's Not Very Useful) also I don't know if it's your fault or anything but when I spawn the Falcon 9 at least the rocket starts tipping and falls and explodes, The Thing I want you to add/improve the most is you need to strengthen the Falcon 9 landing legs because if you go over like 5 meters a second the legs will break and even when you've landed the rocket swings everywhere, Also if it's possible could you add something that automatically lands the first stage for the Falcon 9, Sorry if this is very long and alot of suggestions but I would like to see these things implemented/improved =)

On 6/11/2020 at 1:15 PM, tyler2468 said:

i have the same problem please help

I used to have the same problem, I would just recommend using CKAN to install it instead of SpaceDock.

Is anyone else having trouble with the Falcon Heavy decoupler, for me it doesn't seem to attach right. Idk whether I should just strut it up or if I'm missing anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.