[1.10.1] KK's SpaceX Pack v.6.5 - 01/11/2020

Adding KOS to stabilize ISS Orbit in real position:

clearscreen.

PRINT "Keeping ISS in Real Orbit/Position:".

UNTIL FALSE
{
	// Real Position:
  	LOCK STEERING TO HEADING(180, 90)+ R(0,0,0).
	wait 10.
}

PRINT "Free Orbit !".

qwNoDJB.png

@Kartoffelkuchen

Hello,

Finally I have the Falcon 9 v1.2 Block:5 and all tools cfg ready to Cargo version and "Crew Dragon 2", the link in drop Box was updated.

Download RO configs [KSP 1.9.1]

There are several fix's adaptations:

fix-KK_SpXCD_capsule.cfg
fix-KK_SpXCD_Chutes.cfg
fix-KK_SpXCD_drogueCover.cfg
fix-KK_SpXCD_heatshield.cfg
fix-KK_SpXCD_mainCover.cfg
fix-largeSolarPanel-due-dragon2-missing-panels.cfg
FixDroneShipFloat.cfg
Pmborg_Real_9_Engines.cfg
Pmborg_Real_9_Tanks.cfg
Pmborg_Real_Engines.cfg
Pmborg_Real_Tanks.cfg

I have added an automatic installation script of all dependencies I hope it will make it easier...

Edited by pmborg

quick question, I recently downloaded this mod so I can do a crew dragon recreation. There is one problem I encounter the upper fuel tank (2nd stage one) has its COM below the tank itself. This creates massive instability when decoupling (it immediately wants to flip engine first). my question is was this on purpose and am I just a rookie flyer or is this an oversight? Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Sorry for my (maybe) stupid questions, but I have KSP 1.8.1 with RSS/RO/RP-1 and now I was trying to understand which version of this great mod and which configs I need.

Can I just use the newest version (6.4) from spacedock or do I need an older one, like 5.3?

And should I just use the newest configs from pmborg or do I need older ones?

22 minutes ago, N3N said:

Hello,

Sorry for my (maybe) stupid questions, but I have KSP 1.8.1 with RSS/RO/RP-1 and now I was trying to understand which version of this great mod and which configs I need.

Can I just use the newest version (6.4) from spacedock or do I need an older one, like 5.3?

And should I just use the newest configs from pmborg or do I need older ones?

Hello @N3N, in this link you can check which version is suitable for KSP version.

https://spacedock.info/mod/269/SpaceX Launch Vehicles?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

[CLICK on ChangeLog button]

The RO that I have done is a kind on top of (RO+SpaceXLaunchVehicles) only for 1.9.1

Edited by pmborg

20 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello @N3N, in this link you can check which version is suitable for KSP version.

https://spacedock.info/mod/269/SpaceX Launch Vehicles?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

[CLICK on ChangeLog button]

The RO that I have done is a kind on top of (RO+SpaceXLaunchVehicles) only for 1.9.1

Hello,

Thank you @pmborg.

So as I understand it, I can only use Version 5.3 (for KSP 1.7.2), because all newer versions are for KSP >1.9.1. Am I right?

And which configs do I have to use for KSP 1.8.1 with RSS/RO/RP-1 ?

Or are there no configs for this version?

1 hour ago, N3N said:

Hello,

Thank you @pmborg.

So as I understand it, I can only use Version 5.3 (for KSP 1.7.2), because all newer versions are for KSP >1.9.1. Am I right?

And which configs do I have to use for KSP 1.8.1 with RSS/RO/RP-1 ?

Or are there no configs for this version?

For this mod exist, its easier if you install it via ckan:

P1iOgV2.png

But nevertheless, I would say that if you want to use RealSolarSystem with RO and in KSP1.8.1 you should use the one for (KSP1.7.3, because there isn't ant version specific for 1.8.1) and in that case you need to install the version of this mod 5.3:

Here the direct link: https://spacedock.info/mod/269/SpaceX Launch Vehicles/download/5.3

Which is quite old...

23 hours ago, pmborg said:

For this mod exist, its easier if you install it via ckan:

But nevertheless, I would say that if you want to use RealSolarSystem with RO and in KSP1.8.1 you should use the one for (KSP1.7.3, because there isn't ant version specific for 1.8.1) and in that case you need to install the version of this mod 5.3:

Here the direct link: https://spacedock.info/mod/269/SpaceX Launch Vehicles/download/5.3

Which is quite old...

Hello @pmborg,

OK, Thank you.

I will test it.

Hello!

@Kartoffelkuchen

I am still working hard on the real specs, now it is also compatible with KSP1.10, but I am still working hard on it.

Realism Overhaul Configs [WIP]

But, while I was trying to identify the all dependencies for the versions that I have done of the real falcons VAB/Ships, I discovered an interesting dependency:

There is a part in "KK's SpaceX Pack" mod, 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_rescaled/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_s/KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg_scaled' which have a dependency of "MoarFEConfigs" mod.

Without it, this error is generated:

[LOG 15:44:59.913] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_rescaled/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_s/KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg_scaled'
[ERR 15:44:59.916] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'None' was not found.
  at System.Enum+EnumResult.SetFailure (System.Enum+ParseFailureKind failure, System.String failureMessageID, System.Object failureMessageFormatArgument) [0x00023] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Enum.TryParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase, System.Enum+EnumResult& parseResult) [0x0017a] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00010] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString) [0x00000] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value) [0x00516] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, ConfigNode node) [0x00143] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, ConfigNode node, System.Int32 pass, System.Boolean removeAfterUse) [0x0001a] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (UrlDir+UrlConfig urlConfig, ConfigNode node) [0x001a9] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext () [0x005cd] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 

[ERR 15:44:59.916] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

Its not a fatal error only this part and some other parts are not loaded.

But, maybe is better to add MoarFEConfigs of ( @linuxgurugamer) it as a CKAN dependency what do you think?

To test this is very simple, just a pure direct installation from CKAN just with these folders at GameData:

• Kartoffelkuchen
  • Launchers Pack
  • SquadExpansion
  • Squad

and then to fix it install MoarFEConfigs and the problem is solved.

I was testing this on KSP1.9.1 test bed, but probably in KSP1.10.1 have the same problem.

Cheers

Edited by pmborg

29 minutes ago, pmborg said:

Hello!

@Kartoffelkuchen

I am still working hard on the real specs, now it is also compatible with KSP1.10, but I am still working hard on it.

Realism Overhaul Configs [WIP]

But, while I was trying to identify the all dependencies for the versions that I have done of the real falcons VAB/Ships, I discovered an interesting dependency:

There is a part in "KK's SpaceX Pack" mod, 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_rescaled/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_s/KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg_scaled' which have a dependency of "MoarFEConfigs" mod.

[LOG 15:44:59.913] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_rescaled/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_s/KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg_scaled'
[ERR 15:44:59.916] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'None' was not found.
  at System.Enum+EnumResult.SetFailure (System.Enum+ParseFailureKind failure, System.String failureMessageID, System.Object failureMessageFormatArgument) [0x00023] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Enum.TryParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase, System.Enum+EnumResult& parseResult) [0x0017a] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, System.Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00010] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString) [0x00000] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value) [0x00516] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, ConfigNode node) [0x00143] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, ConfigNode node, System.Int32 pass, System.Boolean removeAfterUse) [0x0001a] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (UrlDir+UrlConfig urlConfig, ConfigNode node) [0x001a9] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext () [0x005cd] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 

But, maybe is better to add MoarFEConfigs of ( @linuxgurugamer) it as a CKAN dependency what do you think?

To test this is very simple, just a pure direct installation from CKAN just with these folders at GameData:

• Kartoffelkuchen
  • Launchers Pack
  • SquadExpansion
  • Squad

and then to fix it install MoarFEConfigs and the problem is solved.

Makes sense, be sure to list all the dependencies in the OP.

@HebaruSan I can’t do this right now, could you take a look?

50 minutes ago, pmborg said:

22 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Makes sense, be sure to list all the dependencies in the OP.

@HebaruSan I can’t do this right now, could you take a look?

Looks like this is because of this line (only occurence of "None" in that file)?

category = None

I'm guessing the author did not intend this to specifically depend on MoarFEConfigs, so I don't think that's an appropriate solution. Maybe you could suggest a replacement stock category for a new fix release?

15 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Looks like this is because of this line (only occurence of "None" in that file)?

category = None

I'm guessing the author did not intend this to specifically depend on MoarFEConfigs, so I don't think that's an appropriate solution. Maybe you could suggest a replacement stock category for a new fix release?

Hello @HebaruSan,

Lets wait for for @Kartoffelkuchen I think that probably was just something never noticed before, sometimes developers create dependencies that are not aware immediately, it seams to me the case.

Thanks!

Edited by pmborg

@pmborg@HebaruSan@linuxgurugamer This is intended. I had to make a copy of the landing leg and then scale it down in Unity for the 2.5m size config since simple rescaling via cfg did not work, the 'Category = None' is included on purpose to prevent the scaled leg from showing up. When using the rescaled config, you will find that the patch changes the "None" to "Utility". Good catch though! :)

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

2 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

I had to make a copy of the landing leg and then scale it down in Unity for the 2.5m size config since simple rescaling via cfg did not work, the 'Category = None' is included on purpose to prevent the scaled leg from showing up. When using the rescaled config, you will find that the patch changes the "None" to "Utility".

Interesting. I wonder whether that could be done via creation and deletion instead (i.e., move KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg_scaled into the Rescaled folder, along with an MM directive like !PART[KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg] to remove the non-scaled part). That way the exception on load could be avoided, and installing MoarFEConfigs wouldn't accidentally reveal both parts.

3 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

@pmborg@HebaruSan@linuxgurugamer This is intended. I had to make a copy of the landing leg and then scale it down in Unity for the 2.5m size config since simple rescaling via cfg did not work, the 'Category = None' is included on purpose to prevent the scaled leg from showing up. When using the rescaled config, you will find that the patch changes the "None" to "Utility". Good catch though! :)

Maybe @Lisias can help here with a Magic Touch on scale cfg files.

What do you think? 

29 minutes ago, pmborg said:

Maybe @Lisias can help here with a Magic Touch on scale cfg files.

What do you think? 

I can give it a try, scaling things is my core business. :P 

But I'm not sure about the problem to be solved - are you talking about a patch to copy a part, applying some hard coded scaling on it by parch, and then hiding the original?

@linuxgurugamer @HebaruSan @Kartoffelkuchen

Hello, @Lisias

LOGS:

KSP-log-with-MoarFEConfigs-solved-the-problem.zip
KSP-log-without-MoarFEConfigs.zip
ModuleManager-with-MoarFEConfigs-solved-the-problem.zip
ModuleManager-without-MoarFEConfigs.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9yzp5aahtv9ybgc/AABWQd3XeRQb3j8R2XG2iXTXa?dl=0

Strings to Search: KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg_scaled

[...] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_rescaled/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_s/KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg_scaled'
[...] PartLoader: Part 'Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_rescaled/KK_F9FT_landingLeg_s/KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg_scaled' has no database record. Creating.

So in resume:

K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program-1.9.1\GameData\Launchers Pack>findstr /S /I "category" *.cfg | find /i "None" | find /v "Squad" | find /V "RealismOverhaul"
Rockets\SpaceX\KK_F9FT_landingLeg_rescaled\KK_F9FT_landingLeg_s.cfg:    category = None

Only this part in "Launchers Pack" have this situation of having: "category = None"

K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program-1.9.1\GameData>findstr /S /I "KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg_scaled" *.cfg
Launchers Pack\Rockets\SpaceX\KK_F9FT_landingLeg_rescaled\KK_F9FT_landingLeg_s.cfg:     name = KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg_scaled

There is no other cfg files, using the landing legs to scale it or clone it, so its a final cfg file.

Conclusion?:

In the end it is supposed to be like that and we can ignore this error, the part aparettly work anyway...

.. but can we can also do/suggest something the get rid off that uggly error? and this was the suggestion:

• If we install "MoarFEConfigs" and the error is gone, so why not install/"define it" as a dependency (in ckan)?
  • From the tests that I have done, I don't see any disadvantage, but maybe there is some other "loose end" that I didn't got

Edited by pmborg

6 hours ago, pmborg said:

.. but can we can also do/suggest something the get rid off that uggly error? and this was the suggestion:

• If we install "MoarFEConfigs" and the error is gone, so why not install/"define it" as a dependency (in ckan)?
  • From the tests that I have done, I don't see any disadvantage, but maybe there is some other "loose end" that I didn't got

See this explanation (emphasis added):

22 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

the 'Category = None' is included on purpose to prevent the scaled leg from showing up. When using the rescaled config, you will find that the patch changes the "None" to "Utility". Good catch though! :)

By "fixing" that exception, you introduce unintended behavior (making a part appear that is supposed to be hidden). In reality, rather than depending on MoarFEConfigs, this mod conflicts with it. But it may be possible to avoid that if a better method was used to achieve the same thing, as in:

20 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Interesting. I wonder whether that could be done via creation and deletion instead (i.e., move KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg_scaled into the Rescaled folder, along with an MM directive like !PART[KK_SPX_F9LandingLeg] to remove the non-scaled part). That way the exception on load could be avoided, and installing MoarFEConfigs wouldn't accidentally reveal both parts.

Edited by HebaruSan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.