[1.10.1] KK's SpaceX Pack v.6.5 - 01/11/2020

Soon I will work on another project, maybe Starship v2 :)

But before ending my contribution here, for this mod, I am now running some tests in order to check if/ it feasible land both Stage-1 rockets at the same time, in KSP:

WL3cGKk.png

This is the current version of KOS, just doing a Pre-Launch check :

xonhB3n.png

Later on I will do a small video explaining how KOS work, from user point of view and another and from the code how it works and what are those magic numbers in code... :)

Note:

I received some messages and I would like to clarify some doubts:

• The KOS work for the falcon family (in RO) once have some Action Groups dependencies, parts dependencies (like the acelerometers, processors) and so on...
  • Its not a generic code that will land any rocket!

Edited by pmborg

On 11/4/2020 at 12:20 PM, pmborg said:

Soon I will work on another project, maybe Starship v2 :)

But before ending my contribution here, for this mod, I am now running some tests in order to check if/ it feasible land both Stage-1 rockets at the same time, in KSP:

WL3cGKk.png

Epic, thank you very much for trying to make my request come true.

I made a Realism Overhaul & RP-0 patch for the Crew Dragon parts with Kerbalism/TAC & RealChutes integration and thought i would share it here.

I hope it will work properly for everyone as well, but the Parachutes might not work without RealChutes, i haven't tested that.

https://github.com/fluff-y/0000_ksp_addon-changes

edit:

License: Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0)

Edited by fluff-y

2 hours ago, RSandre said:

What is the payloaf capacity of this falcon 9? I can't put 2 tons in geostationary transfer orbit with the second stage and real solar system

That depend of the version, for version Falcon 9 v1.2 (block5) is:
5.8t (for reusable mission) or 8.3t max.

1 hour ago, pmborg said:

That depend of the version, for version Falcon 9 v1.2 (block5) is:
5.8t (for reusable mission) or 8.3t max.

wow, what is the flight profile? Because the second stage barely has enough delta-v for low orbit here. I am using the full scale version. I don't know if it could be a problem related to simple RSS patch.

New KOS version SW-Ver: 1.20.11.10

Before Launch: (Mission Type: Falcon 9 v1.2 B:5 SAT Mission LEO)

srIsUHQ.png

Core Booster Sep, Note :

• AP=254.686 km
  • Initial Horizontal Speed = 889 m/s

K4hx25J.png

~480 km of the coast and an now with a better and impressive accuracy:

2PjEOHz.png

Now I am starting to be happy with the code :)

Edited by pmborg

18 hours ago, boierito said:

any new update than can we test @pmborg?

Hello @boierito,

I am improving the algorithms and make them less complicated to operate and also, I am trying to use almost the same code for landings in LZ-1 and LZ-2 vs code in drone ship landings,

where the algorithms are slight/very different like the boosters vs central core landings.

One of the things that I am doing is to make it easier to set and define the position of the drone, and some variables to setup before, basically doing a special simulation get data for it and then use for the "real" mission.

Its not so easy as you probably are thinking... because the big challenge is to land the booster with only 2500m/s delta-v and having a speed of 2122 m/s is not an easy task,

its easy to miss the target for few dozens of meters.

So that's why this scripts are also called the scripts that are kinds "auto generated scripts"... but they don't have anything auto :)

For now I think that KOS or KSP have some kind of bug or limitation I cant land both rockets at the same time, for now I will leave that open, in order to avoid lose more time with it.

I will provide you soon a saved game, with a mission previously setup but I am still working on it, specially in the central core drone ship profile, because some times it fail the landing...

Edited by pmborg

12 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello @boierito,

I am improving the algorithms and make them less complicated to operate and also, I am trying to use almost the same code for landings in LZ-1 and LZ-2 vs code in drone ship landings,

where the algorithms are slight/very different like the boosters vs central core landings.

One of the things that I am doing is to make it easier to set and define the position of the drone, and some variables to setup before, basically doing a special simulation get data for it and then use for the "real" mission.

Its not so easy as you probably are thinking... because the big challenge is to land the booster with only 2500m/s delta-v and having a speed of 2122 m/s is not an easy task,

its easy to miss the target for few dozens of meters.

So that's why this scripts are also called the scripts that are kinds "auto generated scripts"... but they don't have anything auto :)

For now I think that KOS or KSP have some kind of bug or limitation I can land both rockets at the same time, for now I will leave that open, in order to avoid lose more time with it.

I will provide you soon a saved game, with a mission previously setup but I am still working on it, specially in the central core drone ship profile, because some times it fail the landing...

Good job dude!

8 hours ago, boierito said:

Good job dude!

So finally worked, the improved version of aerodynamic guidance (using the grid-fins and the RCS) made it possible,

now its possible to correct the Stage-1 from an off course between 1 and 2 kms, just with Aerodynamic Guidance Phase by it self, will and that make all the difference that make it possible.

So a new video (is uploading it now), with latest version of the KOS code:

In the next days, I will need to do regression tests, for all missions and if all is ok, I will publish the code and file samples on next days, after clean all code for so many comments and formulas :)!

The final KOS publish will be here:

Falcon Heavy Countdown:

eNcqqoH.png

Edited by pmborg

@boierito

Are you still interested in a test in a KOS flight at first hand?

If so, please try to load the FILE:

KSP10-DEMO-BASE-DroneShip1-2-LZ1-2 (Pmborg-RealFalcons-v2\saves\InterStar\KSP10-DEMO-BASE-DroneShip1-2-LZ1-2)

Realism Overhaul Configs [WIP]

In order to check your installation, if all is ok, then we can proceed to next step, load the KOS (tomorrow).

Edited by pmborg

1 hour ago, pmborg said:

@boierito

Are you still interested in a test in a KOS flight at first hand?

If so, please try to load the FILE:

KSP10-DEMO-BASE-DroneShip1-2-LZ1-2 (Pmborg-RealFalcons-v2\saves\InterStar\KSP10-DEMO-BASE-DroneShip1-2-LZ1-2)

Realism Overhaul Configs [WIP]

In order to check your installation, if all is ok, then we can proceed to next step, load the KOS (tomorrow).

This is for 1.10.1 version, correct? Because, I am going to make a clean installation of KSP and execute .bat with all mods.

Edited by boierito

13 hours ago, boierito said:

This is for 1.10.1 version, correct? Because, I am going to make a clean installation of KSP and execute .bat with all mods.

Yes, that save file is for ksp 1.10.1

11 hours ago, boierito said:

Hello, when I want to enter the save Interstar within the game I receive an error that it was not possible.

So something is missing for that you need to upload the log file, or just a screenshot of the error, later I am now doing also a clean install using the bat, in order to understand what is missing in the bat install file. 

I was able to reproduce the error that you reported, checking what is going on...

zNqE4xb.png

Edited by pmborg

Actually found the problem:

Inside:

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\InterStar

Two mandatory files need to be there:

• persistent.sfs
  • persistent.loadmeta

Were added so please try again, and later let me know.

1 hour ago, pmborg said:

Actually found the problem:

Inside:

\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\InterStar

Two mandatory files need to be there:

• persistent.sfs
  • persistent.loadmeta

Were added so please try again, and later let me know.

Ok, I did not understand very well what I wanted me to try but now the save works but with its errors, I don't know if they are mine or part of the save itself. On the other hand, I would like to know if you use the .bat in the installation of mods, I am wondering because honestly it is too loaded with mods that fail and are not compatible. It would be nice if you consider creating a .bat with the minimal mods needed to make your big project work. Not only that the landing pads are bugged but also the OCISLY droneship that was directly on land and not in the ocean. Cheers! afNCQY8.png

2 minutes ago, boierito said:

Ok, I did not understand very well what I wanted me to try but now the save works but with its errors, I don't know if they are mine or part of the save itself. On the other hand, I would like to know if you use the .bat in the installation of mods, I am wondering because honestly it is too loaded with mods that fail and are not compatible. It would be nice if you consider creating a .bat with the minimal mods needed to make your big project work. Not only that the landing pads are bugged but also the OCISLY droneship that was directly on land and not in the ocean. Cheers! afNCQY8.png

I installed it today all, from Scratch, and I used  the BAT file, I think that you are missing a step, probably the first one:

described in "HowToInstall.txt":

baRzIgG.png

If needed I will do a video kinda how to install it, but please try that first.

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, pmborg said:

I installed it today all, from Scratch, and I used  the BAT file, I think that you are missing a step, probably the first one:

described in "HowToInstall.txt":

baRzIgG.png

If needed I will do a video kinda how to install it, but please try that first.

Thanks.

NEW CLEAN INSTALL KSP 1.10.1
YQjqJmh.png

Edited by boierito

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.