[1.10.1] KK's SpaceX Pack v.6.5 - 01/11/2020

5 minutes ago, pmborg said:

yes that is expected, some mods are not certified or compiled specifically to KSP1.10.1 but work.

Now it works perfect, it must have been an installation error or mine. I am ready to test the KOS code.7ZSMncB.png

Edited by boierito

I am preparing the KOS beta code to upload it, please wait a bit...

@boierito dropbox updated with beta KOS code.

- After upgrade the KOS directory, you will reload again the saved mission file:

KSP1-10-DEMO-BASE-DroneShip1-2-LZ1-2

and you should have something like this:

WzsYNxE.png

Edited by pmborg

1 hour ago, boierito said:

I am testing now, but how can I see the first stage land?

After Stage-1 separation you should press the key to switch to nearby vessel:

Cycle through ships (previous)

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Key_bindings

In my case is here: (but that depends of the Keyboard International key map)

Edited by pmborg

I am uploading a video with this demo (KSP1-10-DEMO-BASE-DroneShip1-2-LZ1-2.sfs) of the published KOS version:

After BOOSTBACK BURN you should have at "Landing distance from target" (Horizontal prediction without corrections):

A value between 0.7 km and 2 km.

i5kMjSw.png

After the REENTRY burn keep an eye on that value should also be between 1 km and 2 km.

In AERODYNAMIC GUIDANCE you should be in less them 0.050km (which is less then 50 meters away from JRTI DroneShip)

Edited by pmborg

3 hours ago, pmborg said:

I am uploading a video with this demo (KSP1-10-DEMO-BASE-DroneShip1-2-LZ1-2.sfs) of the published KOS version:

After BOOSTBACK BURN you should have at "Landing distance from target" (Horizontal prediction without corrections):

A value between 0.7 km and 2 km.

i5kMjSw.png

After the REENTRY burn keep an eye on that value should also be between 1 km and 2 km.

In AERODYNAMIC GUIDANCE you should be in less them 0.050km (which is less then 50 meters away from JRTI DroneShip)

Ok dude, I tested it. There is a problem, the BOOSTBACK BURN sequence works like it does not, since sometimes the engines are activated and sometimes not. On the other hand, I think that due to the fact that it is a demo, only the code of the first stage works and nothing else, I understand that it should work whether you are using the crew dragon version, as well as starlink. 

20 minutes ago, boierito said:

Ok dude, I tested it. There is a problem, the BOOSTBACK BURN sequence works like it does not, since sometimes the engines are activated and sometimes not. On the other hand, I think that due to the fact that it is a demo, only the code of the first stage works and nothing else, I understand that it should work whether you are using the crew dragon version, as well as starlink. 

After decouple of Stage-2, on this demo mission, it seams that SAS is ON, when it should be OFF and in LOCK to STEERING mode, I will check this because was working before.

Edited by pmborg

I fixed as before, testing following all Stage-2 flight, now... before push the fix.

These files were updated/push in repo: https://github.com/pmborg/SpaceX-RO-Falcons

modified:   Ships/Script/boot/Launch-Circularize.c
        modified:   Ships/Script/boot/Launch-Orbit.c
        modified:   Ships/Script/boot/sw-version.c

I have stage -2 in orbit:

DDe4YGk.png

Cheears!

Edited by pmborg

2 hours ago, pmborg said:

I fixed as before, testing following all Stage-2 flight, now... before push the fix.

These files were updated/push in repo: https://github.com/pmborg/SpaceX-RO-Falcons

modified:   Ships/Script/boot/Launch-Circularize.c
        modified:   Ships/Script/boot/Launch-Orbit.c
        modified:   Ships/Script/boot/sw-version.c

I have stage -2 in orbit:

DDe4YGk.png

Cheears!

Still not working ...
EczZqyh.png

EDIT: Works only with the falcon 9 satellite version, anothers does not work.

Edited by boierito

3 hours ago, Tb1 said:

Hi, can it run for KSP 1.9?

Hello @Tb1,

Generically yes, I will setup now, the drone ship positions, for the save demo file: KSP1-9-BASE-DroneShip-LZ1-LZ2-ISS.sfs to the same ones of KSP1-10-DEMO-BASE-DroneShip1-2-LZ1-2.sfs

Welcome to the forum, it seams that this thread is encouraging for new members :)

Is updated now.

Edited by pmborg

14 hours ago, boierito said:

Still not working ...
EczZqyh.png

EDIT: Works only with the falcon 9 satellite version, anothers does not work.

[1]
- The work is on development, even for saved file, there are some values that are not accurate as they should be, even for this previously setup mission.

[2]

- What was supposed for you to test it was that VESSEL in that Mission :) Ride with Stage-1 or Stage-2, without accelerate the warp speed in atmosphere.

- You cannot expect just load another VESSEL, with another weight and another profile and expect the Stage-1, land at the same spot:
  Actually that is possible by reducing the useful work of Stage-1, but that don't happen in reality, and then Stage-2 don't have enouf delta-v to get in orbit.

[3]
So in every mission we need to setup the drone ship position, I will explain that later, its relatively easy, once we don't have real weather in KSP.

So the lower winds or the upper winds, (min/max values) will not affect the orbit of Stage-2, neither the accuracy of Stage-1 Landing.

And the cumulonimbus clouds will not affect the safety and integrity of the mission, like in Real Missions.

These are the 3 main reasons that so often delay a Real Missions on SpaceX

Edited by pmborg

Hello @boierito

In order to allow an easier flight integration of crew dragon, I have done this:

I have redone the two "sfs demo files" files with OCISLY for Crew Dragon 2 and JRTI for F9v1.2B5 LEO Sat version.

So with that now is possible to watch ST-1 Landing on OCISLY after the SEP event.

To upgrade your installation just smash all files again.

9 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello @boierito

In order to allow an easier flight integration of crew dragon, I have done this:

I have redone the two "sfs demo files" files with OCISLY for Crew Dragon 2 and JRTI for F9v1.2B5 LEO Sat version.

So with that now is possible to watch ST-1 Landing on OCISLY after the SEP event.

To upgrade your installation just smash all files again.

When I test the crew dragon the first stage landed over JRTI.

5 hours ago, boierito said:

When I test the crew dragon the first stage landed over JRTI.

Hello,

I think that you didn't upgrade all files correctly.

jCOvN3J.png

On this file I am making sure that Crew Dragon 2, ST-1 will land on OCISLY.

This setup is done with vehicles on launch pad, so if you press:

key 9 - to open ST-1 console (outside console), like 0 to open ST-2 console, then you can check the status over there.

4 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello,

I think that you didn't upgrade all files correctly.

jCOvN3J.png

On this file I am making sure that Crew Dragon 2, ST-1 will land on OCISLY.

This setup is done with vehicles on launch pad, so if you press:

key 9 - to open ST-1 console (outside console), like 0 to open ST-2 console, then you can check the status over there.

Are you really sure ?, because there it says set landing zone = JRTI and then you make a print of landing in OCISLY

EDIT: I think the following code modified by me is correct ...

if TARGET_N = 100
    {
        if vehicle_type = "Crew Dragon 2" 
        {
            set LandingZone TO VESSEL(OCISLY).
            LOG "declare global LandingZone TO VESSEL(OCISLY)." to "1:/STAGE1_TARGET_FILE.c".
            LOG "INIT TARGET: VESSEL(OCISLY)." to LOG.txt.
            PRINT "LANDING AT: "+OCISLY.
        } else {
            set LandingZone TO VESSEL(JRTI).
            LOG "declare global LandingZone TO VESSEL(JRTI)." to "1:/STAGE1_TARGET_FILE.c".
            LOG "INIT TARGET: VESSEL(JRTI)." to LOG.txt.            
            PRINT "LANDING AT: "+JRTI.
        }
    }

Edited by boierito

@boierito Soon I will try to implement an upgrade using ckan but for now,

what is expected for an upgrade, for now what is need is to repeat the first step, of the installation:

Overwrite all files on these folders, that are in zip:

g6dg8Im.png

That was not the only change!

48 minutes ago, pmborg said:

@boierito Soon I will try to implement an upgrade using ckan but for now,

what is expected for an upgrade, for now what is need is to repeat the first step, of the installation:

Overwrite all files on these folders, that are in zip:

g6dg8Im.png

That was not the only change!

I did it dude, I never forget the first step...

FUCDcOQ.png

If you want an easier way to help you, you could pass me off your discord.

Edited by boierito

1 hour ago, boierito said:

I did it dude, I never forget the first step...

FUCDcOQ.png

If you want an easier way to help you, you could pass me off your discord.

There is a feature on the code that save the KS target code in the save file *.sfs, that allow a reboot in the air  of the code without lost special settings done in beginning of flight.

The idea is to do the following steps:

• UPGRADE: Overwrite all files in those folders, zip location: https://github.com/pmborg/SpaceX-RO-Falcons/archive/main.zip   (assuming this done)
  • Load the DEMO file: "KSP1-10-DEMO-BASE-DroneShip1-2-LZ1-2.sfs"
  • Recover: The VESSEL on PAD (Falcon 9 default)
  • On VAB: Load Craft the "PMBT-SpaceX Falcon 9 v1_2 Block-5 Crew Dragon 2.craft" [PRESS LAUNCH]
  • Press key: "9" (outside KOS) to open the ST-1 console and the take a screen shot with the 2 consoles open ST-1 & ST-2

I don't have discord, but you can, send private msg here if needed, also.

12 minutes ago, pmborg said:

There is a feature on the code that save the KS target code in the save file *.sfs, that allow a reboot in the air  of the code without lost special settings done in beginning of flight.

The idea is to do the following steps:

• UPGRADE: Overwrite all files in those folders, zip location: https://github.com/pmborg/SpaceX-RO-Falcons/archive/main.zip   (assuming this done)
  • Load the DEMO file: "KSP1-10-DEMO-BASE-DroneShip1-2-LZ1-2.sfs"
  • Recover: The VESSEL on PAD (Falcon 9 default)
  • On VAB: Load Craft the "PMBT-SpaceX Falcon 9 v1_2 Block-5 Crew Dragon 2.craft" [PRESS LAUNCH]
  • Press key: "9" (outside KOS) to open the ST-1 console and the take a screen shot with the 2 consoles open ST-1 & ST-2

I don't have discord, but you can, send private msg here if needed, also.

Ur3HtTt.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.