[1.10.1] KK's SpaceX Pack v.6.5 - 01/11/2020

I am having some weird issues. first thing is I cannot load in some crafts because of missing parts (I.E KK.SPX.F9LandingLeg). When in orbit trying to rendezvous with another craft, the Blue circle goes all over the place when the end of the burn is less than 1 . When using mechjeb to create maneuvers , it just wants to accelerate into earth at one billion m/s. stock parts work fine. no idea what to do. 

I have downloaded 1.10.1  v6.5 using space dock.

edit: Still no luck figuring out the issue. but when using the other dragon crew rocket, as soon as the first stage decouples, it flips instantly. I am using everything with mechjeb, so it has the same launch trajectory.

Edited by MrChittyChad

14 hours ago, MrChittyChad said:

I am having some weird issues. first thing is I cannot load in some crafts because of missing parts (I.E KK.SPX.F9LandingLeg). When in orbit trying to rendezvous with another craft, the Blue circle goes all over the place when the end of the burn is less than 1 . When using mechjeb to create maneuvers , it just wants to accelerate into earth at one billion m/s. stock parts work fine. no idea what to do. 

I have downloaded 1.10.1  v6.5 using space dock.

edit: Still no luck figuring out the issue. but when using the other dragon crew rocket, as soon as the first stage decouples, it flips instantly. I am using everything with mechjeb, so it has the same launch trajectory.

Hello,

Assuming that you are using the Realist Configs: https://github.com/pmborg/SpaceX-RO-Falcons/archive/main.zip

If you want to disable all KOS scripts:

You can do what is on readme: https://github.com/pmborg/SpaceX-RO-Falcons/#readme

HOW TO: Disable the KOS automatic Launch and Landing:

Rename directory:

[KSP ROOT]/Ships/Script/boot TO [KSP ROOT]/Ships/Script/nouse.boot

Edited by pmborg

Are there any plans to add original Cargo Dragon because the only mods that add Dragon are Kerbalized Spacex (and that one is low rez and as the name states is Kerbalized and not true to life) Tundra Exploration and that is Kerbal scale and it doesn't have the Spacex markings.  I know we have the boilerplate Dragon but it is only useful when recreating the Falcon 9's first flight.

At the risk of sounding dumb, I see @pmborg has been hard at work with RO scripts and settings for this great add-on, however it appears RO is only updated to KSP 1.8.1, while it appears at face value that the scripts and mods PMBorg have constructed are for 1.9.1 and 1.10.1.  Am I to assume that this is not available for RO under 1.8.1 or am I misunderstanding something?  I'm just getting back into KSP (last time I was around I was running RO on 1.1.2, if you cool kids remember that ancient history) and have a solid 1.8.1 RO setup humming along. Is there some SOOPER SEEKRIT thing I am not in the know about RO and later versions?

1 hour ago, gsarducci said:

At the risk of sounding dumb, I see @pmborg has been hard at work with RO scripts and settings for this great add-on, however it appears RO is only updated to KSP 1.8.1, while it appears at face value that the scripts and mods PMBorg have constructed are for 1.9.1 and 1.10.1.  Am I to assume that this is not available for RO under 1.8.1 or am I misunderstanding something?  I'm just getting back into KSP (last time I was around I was running RO on 1.1.2, if you cool kids remember that ancient history) and have a solid 1.8.1 RO setup humming along. Is there some SOOPER SEEKRIT thing I am not in the know about RO and later versions?

Hello,

Yes RO is just for KSP 1.8.1, but for this SpaceX Falcon Family parts, I just need some parts of it and the other parts I am redefining them, so in the end the results are the expected ones.

2 minutes ago, gsarducci said:

Thanks @pmborg. So, to be clear, this would NOT be something I could expect to work in 1.8.1?

In theory after I change some things, including a new BAT file for an installation in 1.8.1 yes it might work, later I can check that.

But once the performance of KSP1.10.1 is about 30% faster its hard not to use it.

To day I am finishing the development of FH CORE landing on the OCISLY, after that I can check if that is possible.

1 hour ago, gsarducci said:

Thanks for that!  Super appreciated!

Actually I was checking this option and I created a BAT for 1.8.1, so for the dependencies point of view it's possible, BUT...

This mod thread :)kks-spacex-pack don't support 1.8.1 and some parts needed are not available at that version, so in resume its not possible.

17 hours ago, pmborg said:

Actually I was checking this option and I created a BAT for 1.8.1, so for the dependencies point of view it's possible, BUT...

This mod thread :)kks-spacex-pack don't support 1.8.1 and some parts needed are not available at that version, so in resume its not possible.

Ah. Well that is a problem.  No worries. I'll expand my horizons and load this up on a later version! 

6 hours ago, Ayden said:

I do not seem to have all of the parts. I just got a few engine and a falcon 9 booster. How do I get all of the stuff????

Hello,

Using filter extension addon, you can find all inside:

Launchers Pack and Kartoffelkuchen

jf2VXvl.png

Sorry for being a noob, but I did exactly all that the readme shows, and after trying loading a craft file I can't load any because of missing part "KK.SPX.F9LandingLeg".

I read through the comments here, and figured maybe this mod needs pmborg SpaceX-RO-Falcons. So I decided to download that. But following his installation, I noticed a bunch of extra mods get installed too, I saw RealHeat, AlarmClock and about RealFuels etc. and dozens more.

Maybe I'm expecting it to be too simple, but I'm only trying to keep a vanilla KSP (as much as possible) with only one extra: the SpaceX vehicles from the first post of this thread.

I was under the understanding I only needed to add (recommended) Textures Unlimited, Animated decouplers, RetractibleLiftingSurface.

(Just to add that after installing pmborg SpaceX-RO-Falcons the issue remains. Only change being I get this KerbalX message saying if I would integrate KerbalX it could try to fix missing parts)

20 minutes ago, mart said:

Sorry for being a noob, but I did exactly all that the readme shows, and after trying loading a craft file I can't load any because of missing part "KK.SPX.F9LandingLeg".

I read through the comments here, and figured maybe this mod needs pmborg SpaceX-RO-Falcons. So I decided to download that. But following his installation, I noticed a bunch of extra mods get installed too, I saw RealHeat, AlarmClock and about RealFuels etc. and dozens more.

Maybe I'm expecting it to be too simple, but I'm only trying to keep a vanilla KSP (as much as possible) with only one extra: the SpaceX vehicles from the first post of this thread.

I was under the understanding I only needed to add (recommended) Textures Unlimited, Animated decouplers, RetractibleLiftingSurface.

(Just to add that after installing pmborg SpaceX-RO-Falcons the issue remains. Only change being I get this KerbalX message saying if I would integrate KerbalX it could try to fix missing parts)

The RealismOverhaul MOD which is a per-requirement, for pmborg SpaceX-RO-Falcons do that:

He disable the parts that the mod understand as not realistic and replace them with this one:

RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods\KK Launchers\RO_KK_Falcon9_Adapters.cfg:       @title = Falcon Landing Leg

OXeh3OE.png

After load the RO you should just load crafts that are RO, like this way:

1QipjA3.png

24 minutes ago, pmborg said:

The RealismOverhaul MOD which is a per-requirement, for pmborg SpaceX-RO-Falcons do that:

He disable the parts that the mod understand as not realistic and replace them with this one:

RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods\KK Launchers\RO_KK_Falcon9_Adapters.cfg:       @title = Falcon Landing Leg

First of all, thank you for this (very) quick response.

Just so I read you clear:

- RealismOverhaul is the source of the error for missing part "KK.SPX.F9LandingLeg" while loading craft file

And RO is a per-requirement for pmborg SpaceX-RO-Falcons.

But .... I don't want (or installed) RealismOverhaul. And I didn't want to install (or think I needed) pmborg SpaceX-RO-Falcons.

Basically, all I wanted was KK SpaceX Pack. The very "basic" and keep my rest of KSP as vanilla as possible. So if I only install KK SpaceX Pack (as described in the first post of this thread) I get this error.

Allow me to demonstrate: here

So if you say you *need* RealismOverhaul then this is not for me. I just figured to have a SpaceX like rocket in my game and keep mods at the very minimum.

Edited by mart
spelling

33 minutes ago, mart said:

First of all, thank you for this (very) quick response.

Just so I read you clear:

- RealismOverhaul is the source of the error for missing part "KK.SPX.F9LandingLeg" while loading craft file

And RO is a per-requirement for pmborg SpaceX-RO-Falcons.

But .... I don't want (or installed) RealismOverhaul. And I didn't want to install (or think I needed) pmborg SpaceX-RO-Falcons.

Basically, all I wanted was KK SpaceX Pack. The very "basic" and keep my rest of KSP as vanilla as possible. So if I only install KK SpaceX Pack (as described in the first post of this thread) I get this error.

Allow me to demonstrate: here

So if you say you *need* RealismOverhaul then this is not for me. I just figured to have a SpaceX like rocket in my game and keep mods at the very minimum.

So it seams that your case that is not previous case described, So I replicated an environment to keep at bare minimum for KSP 1.10.1: (including the suggestions)

So Installed this:

Ku3UEsH.png

fDkLGAR.png

And loaded that craft:

8vB1brn.png

Edited by pmborg

4 minutes ago, pmborg said:

So it seams that your case that is not previous case described, So I replicated an environment to keep at bare minimum for KSP 1.10.1: (including the suggestions)

Well, you added the 'suggested' mods as well, I did that too the first time (didn't help).

The ship you showcase there, loads for me as well. As does "SpaceX Crew Dragon FH Stack".

If I load "SpaceX Falcon Heavy", it has half a fairing and no content (but might be as indented??) 

But ... Try loading "SpaceX Cargo Dragon 2 F9 Stack". It generates landing leg error as mentioned.
Or SpaceX F9R Test Vehicle.

And see this screenshot here, SpaceX ITS 2016. 

I have 'enough' working rockets to play around with, and I will install the 'suggestions' too, just testing this with only KK SpaceX pack to show you the error.

23 minutes ago, pmborg said:

So Installed this:

Wait a minute! I just discovered something here..

You installed "Real Size" I installed from Space Dock and used 'rescaled' folder (KK_SpX_rescale.cfg) ! I copied your exact steps, and "SpaceX Cargo Dragon 2 F9 Stack" does not generate the legs error anymore.
Also, "SpaceX ITS 2016" with 'empty spots' in the ship (see screenshot link previous post) is not available in this configuration. Where did that craft file came from the first time I installed ? ;-)

I will test more, to see if everything is ok, but this seems promising.

Again, my thanks for your patience and help!

12 minutes ago, mart said:

If I load "SpaceX Falcon Heavy", it has half a fairing and no content (but might be as indented??) 

Yes the default crafts from this mod are intended to be like that, are suggestion to add something on it as user choice.

24 minutes ago, mart said:

And see this screenshot here, SpaceX ITS 2016. 

I have 'enough' working rockets to play around with, and I will install the 'suggestions' too, just testing this with only KK SpaceX pack to show you the error

That problem that you have I think is a problem in settings of KSP.

Here all is fine:

1pCdpJk.png

with the default settings after a pure default install:

CmxeGCz.png

Hello, sorry if this topic has already been discussed ...

I have a problem with the Crew Dragon Trunk ... the button for opening the umbilical does not appear ...

with the Dragon 2 Cargo Trunk this is available ... couldn't find anything in the cfg's either, both are identical at that point ... @Kartoffelkuchena short feedback would be nice :) best regards and continue with your great mod'sjjaypyQ.pngr4EmZSU.png

i use KSP 1.10.1 :)

Edited by YourAgony
name added

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.