[1.10.1] KK's SpaceX Pack v.6.5 - 01/11/2020

18 minutes ago, YourAgony said:

Hello, sorry if this topic has already been discussed ...

I have a problem with the Crew Dragon Trunk ... the button for opening the umbilical does not appear ...

with the Dragon 2 Cargo Trunk this is available ... couldn't find anything in the cfg's either, both are identical at that point ... a short feedback would be nice :) best regards and continue with your great mod'sjjaypyQ.pngr4EmZSU.png

i use KSP 1.10.1 :)

Hello,

I think that @Kartoffelkuchen the mod author, can explain that.

6 hours ago, desamsamers said:

The crew dragon decouples from the trunk is there anything i can do to fix this

Hello,

I am not sure if you are using the (https://github.com/pmborg/SpaceX-RO-Falcons) or not, if that is the case can you upload some photos, or add more information?

Today I ran a general set of tests in all Falcon Family and all are fine. I re-tested again now, the Crew dragon 2, PMBORG RO (version) and all is ok, here.

From a few minutes ago:

Edited by pmborg

4 hours ago, kylelander said:

hey @pmborg, will you be considering adding RealPlume to the engines?

What about divide this in two parts, you provide the configs, and I will add them in RO part after some adjustments... ? :)

I never had done it before.

17 minutes ago, pmborg said:

What about divide this in two parts, you provide the configs, and I will add them in RO part after some adjustments... ? :)

I never had done it before.

Actually, the plumes are in RO but since your configs change the name of the engines they are not applied;.;

(the default RO configs for this mod do apply the engine plumes however)

as you can see here:
https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/tree/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RealPlume_Configs/KK Launchers  (engine plumes)
https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/tree/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/KK Launchers  (part configs)

Edited by kylelander

4 minutes ago, kylelander said:

Actually, the plumes are in RO but since your configs change the name of the engines they are not applied;.;

(or some other reason)

as you can see here:
https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/tree/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RealPlume_Configs/KK Launchers

Interesting I think that when I am adding the RO performance part, indirectly I am removing them, I was not aware of that...

Thanks I will check it!

Realplume configs would be amazing indeed! Unfortunately I won't be of any help but I hope you two can figure it out!

@pmborg Thank you for all your effort so far! I was just seeing the latest video and I saw that the Superdracos seem to have a high spoolup time of like 2-3s. In real life, they react very quickly since they are needed for abort scenarios, could you change that? :)

19 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Realplume configs would be amazing indeed! Unfortunately I won't be of any help but I hope you two can figure it out!

@pmborg Thank you for all your effort so far! I was just seeing the latest video and I saw that the Superdracos seem to have a high spoolup time of like 2-3s. In real life, they react very quickly since they are needed for abort scenarios, could you change that? :)

Hello @Kartoffelkuchen,

Thanks!

That period of 2-3 seconds I am using RCS to put the Crew Dragon 2 on the correct position and then trigger the Superdraco engines, they don't have spoolup time, they respond immediately, or at least they should, I will also check it.

Edited by pmborg

3 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Hello @Kartoffelkuchen, could you add a link to the RealPlume configs for this mod?
LINK:https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/71323-172-kk-launchers-delta-atlas-pack/page/48/&tab=comments#comment-2415857

4 hours ago, pmborg said:

Interesting I think that when I am adding the RO performance part, indirectly I am removing them, I was not aware of that...

Thanks I will check it!

@kylelander @Kartoffelkuchen

Hello,

I found the source of the problem it was related with the order:

The SpaceX-RO-Falcons configs were loaded before realplume and the default configs need to be applied  after those patches.

The fix is done, here locally, I will check it deeper, in order to check if there are side effects, and after that I will commit the fix, later...

Here a foto:

2yAz27w.png

Edited by pmborg

1 hour ago, pmborg said:

@kylelander @Kartoffelkuchen

Hello,

I found the source of the problem it was related with the order:

The SpaceX-RO-Falcons configs were loaded before realplume and the default configs need to be applied  after those patches.

The fix is done, here locally, I will check it deeper, in order to check if there are side effects, and after that I will commit the fix, later...

Here a foto:

2yAz27w.png

Cant wait! :D

23 minutes ago, kylelander said:

Cant wait! :D

Commited.

Also a GSO deploy here with FH and after adding RealPlume:

In Merlin1DV++ the RealPlume is cool but on Merlin1D++ is worst I think...

Edited by pmborg

This is a real image:

PWPCrSd.png

This is with default effects:

oRbcb9C.pngT

This is with RealPlume:

rNdFS7d.png

To be honest I don't like none of the plume animations... exception for Vacuum version which have better effects in RealPlume.

I will check what I can do.

I just changed some magic numbers and got:

9RvPB30.png

Edited by pmborg

6 hours ago, pmborg said:

This is a real image:

PWPCrSd.png

This is with default effects:

oRbcb9C.pngT

This is with RealPlume:

rNdFS7d.png

To be honest I don't like none of the plume animations... exception for Vacuum version which have better effects in RealPlume.

I will check what I can do.

I just changed some magic numbers and got:

9RvPB30.png

Looks much better :D\

Also @pmborg you should try using the plumes from Tundra Exploration, they look the most realistic in my opinion

Edited by kylelander

5 minutes ago, I love ksp said:

Can your ISS support 1.10x?

The ISS craft model use the mod: NewTantares-v18.0 and there are two parts not supported in KSP1.10.x ht2_radiatorTriple and ht2_solarArray_duo that is the reason.

Which are the Big Solar Panels I don't have a good replacement for them in KSP1.10.

Edited by pmborg

Hello All,  I have read and researched the best I could but for the life of me I cant figure out how to dock then crew dragon, there is something with the  dragon docking port I am not understanding I know you can extend and retract it,  Am i missing something simple?? Yes I have opened the nose before trying..    Yea I figured it out,  but Im under review for being  new and cant delete this post lol

Edited by rc51aaron
Figured it out..

On 12/8/2020 at 6:21 PM, pmborg said:

The ISS craft model use the mod: NewTantares-v18.0 and there are two parts not supported in KSP1.10.x ht2_radiatorTriple and ht2_solarArray_duo that is the reason.

Which are the Big Solar Panels I don't have a good replacement for them in KSP1.10.

SSTU may be a good replacement

6 hours ago, kylelander said:

SSTU may be a good replacement

Hello and the Falcons have Landed...

• Thanks for the suggestion but meanwhile, I found two solutions to that, I need to explore both, I will re-visit this subject soon, maybe next week or so.
  • For now I am focus on finish the Falcon Heavy Profile, specially the simultaneous landings of the two side boosters (I am close... ) and preparing a big commit for that, which will solve problems like, extend physics allow multiple parts of mission fly at same time, etc...
  • Which will allow to watch the landing of a booster and switch to ST-2 and... upss.. almost in orbit...

First Dual/Simultaneous Landing: (still on development...)

3xmivLP.png

Ae1dEJp.png

Edited by pmborg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.